Save-On Foods Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Save-On Foods Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2017

1.9

General Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Langley, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Save-On Foods (Langley, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Got a phone call the day I applied online. Then had an over the phone interview that lasted around 15 minutes. I was passed on the next stage where I got a call from the hiring manager, scheduled an interview for that week. The interview was very relaxed. Lasted around 30 minutes. Got hired on the spot.

Grocery Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Save-On Foods.

Interview

I had a phone interview and it was really basic. The in person interview was really easy and I didn't do much talking, oddly enough. I was asked to brings ID and my resume. The process was not very long and I found out I got the job almost immediately.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer
    • Name a time you went out of your way to help a customer and got a good responce   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you were helped or were provided extraordinary support while you were shopping somewhere   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Save-On Foods.

Interview

The interview process was quick and over the phone. It took about 15 mins. He asked a few simple questions and read the job description. Lots of yes and no questions. Then there's a face to face interview and they ask why you want to work there and you must bring two piece of ID and resume.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why do you want to work for Save On Foods
      Q: When have you went above and beyond your job description to provide great customer service
      Answer Question

Grocery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Save-On Foods (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

Had 2 interviews. First was on the phone then I went to the store to have an interview with the manager. He told me I was hired and asked for all my information. I gave him everything and the only thing needed was the background check and I was told that it'll be in my email. So once the email arrived, I did it and there was a question about which bank was the last I used credit for and I accidentally clicked on the wrong one so I was told to go back to the store and do it manually - so I did. Gave everything he asked me for and even told me welcome while shaking my hand. But days later I still haven't gotten a call or email on when training starts. Then a week later I got an email saying the position has been filled so I didn't bother on calling asking what happened anymore. I just hope that next time, don't say that a person has been hired if it'll just end up like this.

Interview Questions

I didn't decline and did get hired but even after doing everything, someone else took the job. And I do have a clean record.

Grocery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Save-On Foods (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

After apply on the web site they called me to make a interview by phone. During this interview was explained the tasks that I will be assigned, my availability and salary

Interview Questions

• They asked how much I was expecting for the salary and if I was open to do other tasks, for example to clean and organize the products.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Surrey, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Save-On Foods (Surrey, BC (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

Apply online via company website. Online assessment. Brief phone interview. In person interview.
    Sadly, the store mngr who interviewed me has been w Co 23 yrs. That's how long it took for a woman to get to store manager. A union gig only offering $11.25/hr. Below poverty wages. That's a NO from me.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work grave yard shift?
      Are you willing to work for $11.25/hr?
      1 Answer

General Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Save-On Foods (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

1) They called to do a phone interview and figure out your personality 2)Answer online survey 3)They called to set up an interview with the store 4)They ask several questions and figure out what your schedule is like and personality.

Interview Questions

• What do you think of stealing?
      What are your hours?
      How would you provide good customer service?
      Why do you want to work here?
      Are you okay with $11.25
      Answer Question

General Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Save-On Foods (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

Came for an interview appointment with manager after submitting a resume and getting a call. Manager was not there. Assistant interviewed me instead; had not seen resume. Reasonable, straightforward interview. Did a good job of pointing out the things that might be negatives about the job, such as long hours and varying duties.

Interview Questions

• available 6am to midnight?   1 Answer

General Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Save-On Foods (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in December 2016.

Interview

Don't need to be upset or panic, the interviewer is very nice and friendly. The interviewer asked 7 to 8 questions based on a sheet of paper. The whole process is casual and relaxing. Just be yourself and prepare to talk about your past experience and to answer some basic behavioural questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Save-On Foods (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

the hiring process was easy until the background check had to be done. they needed so many id's and particular ones and i explained that i had lost one of them but it was coming soon. It's not my problem that someone with the same name as me has a criminal background. and just for a deli clerk position? please....

Interview Questions

i declined because i would have to wait for my pointless background check results to get back and i was simply missing one id for it otherwise i would have been hired...