Save-On Foods Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Save-On Foods

1.9

Sort:

Stock Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Save-On Foods (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

First step was a phone interview with the main aim to find out about your customer service experience. The girl on the other end was lovely and conversational. Once answered the questions sufficiently, the CV is then posted through to the hiring manager at the Save-On store. From here, receive a phone call within the next 2 days (mine came a few hours later) and booked for a formal interview. At the formal interview, main questions asked are "are you looking for a long-term job". The interview is quick, 10 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you've gone above and beyond with customer service   Answer Question

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Save-On Foods (North Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in May 2018.

Interview

Short and Uninformational. Didnt make me interested in working with this company as the interviewer showed up 20 minutes late for out set time and made me wait out in the open without any notice just for a 5 minute interview

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort McMurray, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Save-On Foods (Fort McMurray, AB (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

It was good. Asked me a couple of questions. Told me right away that I was hired. it was my first job so I was very nervous. Sometimes he didn't understand what I was trying to say.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Save-On Foods.

Interview

The interview was quick and simple. I applied in person, the process took a little under 2 weeks. The interviewer was very friendly and easy to talk to. The staff camaraderie was very good

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Save-On Foods (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

It took place in the store, The manager came down and met me and brought me to his office, the interview took about 10/15 minutes where he asked basic store questions, it was one on one.

Interview Questions

• What would I do if I caught someone stealing?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Save-On Foods.

Interview

The interview process was quick and over the phone. It took about 15 mins. He asked a few simple questions and read the job description. Lots of yes and no questions. Then there's a face to face interview and they ask why you want to work there and you must bring two piece of ID and resume.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why do you want to work for Save On Foods
      Q: When have you went above and beyond your job description to provide great customer service   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Save-On Foods.

Interview

Extensive phone interview from company hq, then a call from the store manager about a week later to set up an in-person interview. Very clear and straightforward, mainly situational & availability questions

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort McMurray, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Save-On Foods (Fort McMurray, AB (Canada)) in June 2013.

Interview

They are pretty much willing to hire you if they are interviewing you, and I had a friend who work there as a cashier too, so she introduced me to the manager, I think that's why manager was like hired me on the spot. Overall, everyone is just so friendly there, I am sure you will have no trouble getting along with them.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Save-On Foods in March 2015.

Interview

I was contacted for a phone interview and the woman I had spoken with was very polite, it all went well, however I was told I would be contacted by the hiring manager over and over again and it didn't happen for a month, when was told I would be contacted within 4 days. Had to continuously follow up. When I finally sent my last email to them I finally got a phone call for a one on one interview, it went ok, about 45 minutes long and typical questions. She told me they were very school friendly but when I told her I was in school she was turned off by it and just seemed like she didn't want me to be in school.. she didn't want me to work the amount of hours I told her I was comfortable with and wanted more... When she told me that she is okay with however many I would need..... She told me to think about it and give her a call with a higher number of hours and I did that evening and she seemed weird and confused that I was even calling her... Just very strange.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Save-On Foods (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in September 2011.

Interview

Standard, simple interview. They did not ask very many hard questions. Did a brief personality test based on strengths and weaknesses. Interviewer was friendly and very accommodating. They are basically trying to check the sanity of the interviewee, to make sure that the candidate is suitable for face to face interaction with customers.

Interview Questions

• Name a conflict you experienced in the workplace. How did you overcome this conflict?   Answer Question