Savvis Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Savvis Interview Questions

Interviews at Savvis

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Savvis.

Interview

Initial interview with about 5 developers who tried to get a feel for technical experience and team fit. Then interviewed with the team manager for more general questions.

Interview Questions

• What are you passionate about? What is the nerdiest thing you have done?   Answer Question

Client Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Weehawken, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Savvis (Weehawken, NJ) in April 2011.

Interview

The interview process was incredibly laborious. After meeting with the Director level and 3 others on the first meeting, additional interviews were conducted and over 4 months went by prior to making an offer.

Interview Questions

• I don't recall the exact questions asked, they were targeted to technical knowledge and Client experience   1 Answer

Web Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Savvis (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Received a call from HR explaining the role and if I was interested. Once confirmed I was a fit, they scheduled a face to face interview. The entire process was easy and well planned.

Interview Questions

• The person interviewing me didnt know a thing about web administration, so there was no big surprises. This has since changed and the people doing the interviews are extremely technical.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They are very responsive, but there isn't much negotiation.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Savvis (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2011.

Interview

Interviewed with the VP. She was extremely cordial and had nice interpersonal skills. I interviewed for an internship just to get my foot in the door. The position, I'm guessing, was for those still in school. I graduated a semester before the interview so I guess that is why I have heard nothing with respect to the interview. The interview was brief, 40 mins, in which the usual questions were asked and then a powerpoint presentation followed. It is rather disappointing that when someone has a title that includes the word communication they do not respond to follow-up emails. I wrote two; one the day of thanking her for the interview and the other a month later. Still not one response and as a communications major I have to say that responding to emails is pretty basic. Without being able to communicate via email it makes me wonder what they mean by communication.

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Savvis (Saint Louis, MO) in June 2011.

Interview

The interviewing process was the only professional process I experienced while at Savvis. The hiring process was a mess -- they utilized a 3rd party to conduct the reference reviews, academic & criminal background check a long drawn out process and the HR representative didn't have any confidence on how long it would take to complete and from my experience and everyone I spoke to everyone's hire date had to be pushed out to later dates. Once in the company there is no training, yet you will be held accountable and graded unfairly this is their way of trying to manage you by fear. It appears that their management staff are someone's friend and so they don't need to be qualified for the position. The workplace culture is one of disrespect to employees and workloads that are not doable. The employees performance is measured against unattainable targets, so you can see how easily the culture can be demotivating. Unfortunately, the environment does not allow anyone to be successful.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you deal with difficult people within your own team?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was like a tennis match -- we went back & forth several times. In the final outcome I was able to get what I asked for, but in hindset I lost. I had another job offer that I now found out was with a "healthy" workplace/culture. Taking the Savvis offer was one of the biggest mistakes in judgment I have ever taken. Bottom line, I won the negotiation, but lost big time in the end.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Savvis (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Had an initial technical phone screen with one of the developers. Then was invited to a face to face interview with the hiring manager and then met with a couple other developers and finally one other manager. The interview consisted of more technical questions and general questions. The developers are very technical and we discussed the entire technical spectrum from memory (heap/stack), caching technologies, Java, SOAP vs. REST. The manager questions were more generic such as what is your short-term, mid-term, long-term career strategy, how do you manage deadlines, how do you handle being a part of an understaffed project.

Interview Questions

• You've been tasked to architect / design an ecommerce website. What technology stack would you choose and why?   1 Answer
    • What's the difference between SOAP and REST Web Service?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes. I was asked what I was looking for in terms of compensation and was told afterwards that it was higher than what they had anticipated, but they were able to match it.

Senior Client Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Savvis (Denver, CO) in August 2013.

Interview

I submitted an application via their website. A scheduler from the St. Louis area called to set-up and phone interview. The interviewer arrived at the conference call site and led off with "tell me about yourself". Following that, the questions were about how I would handle certain scenarios the interviewer spelled. There were few traditional interview questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a scenario where there was more work than could possibly be completed by the next day.   Answer Question

Senior Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Savvis (Washington, DC) in April 2010.

Interview

Interview was a few phone screens and then a face to face with the hiring manager. Typical shenanigans took place with time to submit me an offer letter. But overall it was a standard process of technical interviews, soft skill interviews and then a face to face.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I told them what I would like to make - I found out later on that they were in fact paying others much more.

Senior Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Savvis (Saint Louis, MO) in June 2012.

Interview

Company is full of deceptions, not truthful, Century Link bought them out and I can see that they will be re-org again under the Century Link umbrella, which means some Sr. managers will be tossed out and replaced with corporate people who know how to run a company. Sorry But I lost interest.

Interview Questions

Company is full of deceptions, not truthful,

Human Resources Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Savvis (Saint Louis, MO) in August 2009.

Interview

The interview process started with a headhunter who did a phone interview with me. Kudos to the headhunter because he really sold me on the role and the area which initially didn't hit my radar screen. I then proceeded on to a phone interview with the HR VP and SVP, both were very nice on the phone and asked general questions about my background. We then proceeded to an onsite interview where I met with the business leader I would be supporting, my future boss - VP of HR and several of my co-workers and colleagues. The interviews were all very standard with background information shared and general interview questions. The building was very nice, but I picked up on chaos within the HR department. No one showed up to the interviews on time, there was even two individual who I was scheduled with that decided to "take the day off". This should have been my first clue as to what the culture was like, but I was too forgiving and let it pass.

Interview Questions

• Describe two people you most admire and would view them as mentors in your career   1 Answer

Negotiation

The salary offered was above average, the bonus potential offered was good - what I didn't realize until started working there was that it was highly unlikely that it would be achieved. The relocation package was standard but found them to be very helpful and understanding with temporary housing and extending the time to move.