Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories

3.2

Associate Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pullman, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories (Pullman, WA).

Interview

First they conducted a phone screen. Once I cleared that step, there was an on site technical interview, then taken to lunch to get the feel for me as a person.

Interview Questions

• Name a component you've designed in Solidworks and describe why you designed it that way, how did that affect the manufacturing of that component, and how did your design affect the assembly process.   1 Answer

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories in January 2015.

Interview

This interview was for a ‘Firmware Developer’. The very first round was a basic phone screen which concentrated on behavioral type and work experience related general questions. After the decision, the second phone screening was a group/panel interview with questions related to job desc. Like RTOS, C, C++ and microprocessor. Resume related questions can be expected.

Interview Questions

• As it was a group interview on phone, the questions were literally like a rapid fire.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pullman, WA

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories (Pullman, WA).

Interview

The process takes about a month to a month and a half. First there is a general HR interview. Technical questions are asked but they are general c questions. Next interview is with hiring managers. This one goes really in depth and many questions are asked. After that there is an on site interview that last about 6 hours. This includes a 30+ min presentation followed by a sequence of interviews and finally a meeting with the HR about benefits and last a lunch. Overall the attention to detail in this company is amazing. I enjoyed the interview process even though it was definitely not an easy process. I got called very soon after my last interview with an offer.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories.

Interview

I applied online . Initially had phone interview . Asked me some questions from my resume and then asked some basic questions 1) What is a semaphore? 2) Where union is used ? . Then I was given a programming assignment which I had to complete in half an hour . It was to reverse a string .

Interview Questions

• What are the differences between high level language and assembly language?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pullman, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories (Pullman, WA) in May 2011.

Interview

Two phone interviews and an in person interview. Requires a presentation and difficult Q&A from a pedantical guy who asked questions you'd ask someone just out of college. The guy was stuck in school, nothing he asks is anything I ever coded in real life work.

Interview Questions

• Write code to count the nodes on a tree structure   1 Answer

Negotiation

Cheated me out of money by not only offering me a lesser job but unbeknownst to me paid less than we originally agreed to. Watch out.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories (King of Prussia, PA).

Interview

The first round was basic HR round. The second round was technical round and it went on for an hour. Basic C and C++ questions and questions related to past experience. Next it was an onsite interview , there was a technical presentation and 3 technical rounds and final round with hr regarding benefits.

Interview Questions

• There where many topics which were covered during the interview. They asked questions regarding algorithms, embedded systems,OS,networking and few coding interview questions.   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories in June 2014.

Interview

Telephone HR interview consisting of legal questions, HR questions, Resume questions and programming questions. This was followed by a C coding task sent via email.
    The next step is an interview with the hiring manager and after clearing that an onsite interview takes place.

Interview Questions

• Replacing substrings within a string with a string without using temporary storage.   Answer Question
    • What is a semaphor?   Answer Question
    • Describe the software development cycle?   Answer Question
    • What are the general requirements/criteria to be achieved in the software design?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pullman, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories (Pullman, WA).

Interview

Interview consisted of one hour technical questions followed by a second hour presenting code from a project I had worked on. The technical questions were standard C++ competency questions. The second hour code review was just that, a code review. I had to justify my design choices,etc. Every one was professional and nice. The end of the process was a lunch interview which was laid back and relaxed.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Thei offer was good so I accepted.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories.

Interview

The interview process was great. I had a technical phone interview, and then I was brought on site for an interview. The on-site interview consisted of a number of small interviews, but was highlighted by a 30-60 minutes technical presentation that I had to perform.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would solve this problem, and the complexity (Big-O) of it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation wasn't too great. They negotiated on the smaller things (relocation), but not on the salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pullman, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories (Pullman, WA) in October 2011.

Interview

It starts from phone screening , 1-1 interview with hiring manager includes presentation , panel interview , interview with department manager. They have a policy of deciding on the same day for results of the final onsite interview. It took quite a while as they had few people coming in before me. There were questions ranging from drivers to hardware specifications of buses, pointer arithmetic(awesome question) , c++ ,RTOS related questions

Interview Questions

• write code for reaching to the nth name in a comma delimited string ; input is string having names and delimited by comma   Answer Question
    • char a[] = { 0x0a,0x0b,0x0c,0x0d}
      x = *(int)*a++
      y = *(int*)a++
      A = *a++
      B = (*a)++   Answer Question
    • what is the use of keyword virtual? what are OOPs concepts, explain polymorphism with example   Answer Question
    • how would you approach if asked to create utility controlling data transmission through serial between two controllers , if file is transmitted and one transfer is quite small , how to control and develop the protocol? asked difference between rs485 and rs232   Answer Question
    • difference between IPv4 and IPv6 , difference between tcp and udp, where they are used and why specifically , what is ARP and how it works   Answer Question

personal immigration issue