Scotts Miracle-Gro Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Scotts Miracle-Gro Interview Questions

Updated Aug 4, 2017

2.5

Sales Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Scotts Miracle-Gro.

Interview

Filled out an application, was called within a week, somewhat informal interview for me (since I had worked the position prior, drug test, started working about a week later.

Interview Questions

• Do you have reliable transportation?   1 Answer

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marysville, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Scotts Miracle-Gro (Marysville, OH) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone interview then an on site interview at Sotts campus in Marysville, OH. On site interview consists of three separate interviews. Each of the three interviews consisted of 3 people asking the applicant questions for about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What book have you read recently and what did you learn?   Answer Question

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moore, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Scotts Miracle-Gro (Moore, OK) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was extremely easy.
    Step 1: Applied Online
    Step 2: Contacted via Telephone from a very friendly HR Rep. The conversation was great and extremely casual. He asked a few questions and informed me that he would forward my information to the sales manager. Took about a week to receive the next call.
    Step 3: Met sales manager at a Home Depot: He informed me about SMG products and basic merchandiser responsibility. He told me about the compensation and how much he personally loved working for SMG.
    Step 4: Received several emails concerning administration and orientation. Took a drug test.
    Step 5: First day of work about 5 days after step 4.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with merchandising? Are you able to work outdoors? Can you lift 50lbs?   Answer Question

Global Sourcing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marysville, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Scotts Miracle-Gro (Marysville, OH) in December 2016.

Interview

This was my first interview with Scotts Miracle-Gro and it was conducted via Hirevue Digital Interview. I had one attempt per question, but was able to do practice interview questions for as long as I wanted (actual interview questions were different from practice). There were about 6 video response questions and I had around 30 seconds to prepare before each new question.

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Coast, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Scotts Miracle-Gro (Palm Coast, FL).

Interview

Asked same Questions they asked online when i applied for job. Stated they were going to do interviews with other candidates and would e mail me if i did or didn't get position.

Interview Questions

• What experience i had to make me a candidate for this job.   1 Answer

Plant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Scotts Miracle-Gro in September 2016.

Interview

i applied via the website for the position. surprisingly, i received an email from a corporate recruiter requesting a phone screen and my availability to discuss the position in more detail. within the week we spoke and it was the typical phone screen with some behavioral based questions. the only thing i found peculiar was the the HR rep stated that this plant manager position would be "training" an older operations manager. my question is and was: why do you need plant manager if i was going to be training a replacement? sounded real fishy to me. i got the typical politically correct answer "...scotts is a very large company with many opportunities for plant managers..." okay. so why not interview for those particular plants?
    at the end of phone screen i got the proverbial "you will hear from us within a week in regards to next steps...."
    of course i have heard nothing.

Interview Questions

• describe how you approach new projects.   1 Answer

Retail Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Scotts Miracle-Gro (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Quick, not too much vetting, no guarantees and was told need to have a backup plan as earnings are limited, was told in interview after taking a day off that it was a temporary position...

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marysville, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Scotts Miracle-Gro (Marysville, OH) in August 2016.

Interview

I had multiple interviews with various levels within the Marketing department. The interview questions were fairly common as with any interview. One of the higher level directors acted like she did not want to be there. It seemed to be a waste of time for her.

The panel presentation lasted about an hour and the same director acted disinterested and did not offer any visual feedback. It seemed like she already had her person selected..

Interview Questions

• General interview questions...project management experience based   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Scotts Miracle-Gro in August 2016.

Interview

People from HR dept are very effective giving answers and they accommodate you in a timely manner. Then you have the opportunity to do a Hireview interview which was something new for me and it was OK.
    Then you've got to be interviewed by the job's position boss which also was a great guy.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Scotts Miracle-Gro in May 2016.

Interview

Online webcam interview, then 30 min phone interview with hiring manager, then 1 hr phone interview with hiring manager and 2 peers and 1 boss. It was very laid back and involved some "selling" of the job as well as actual interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my experience with statistics, willingness to move, communication with coworkers.   Answer Question