Scotts Miracle-Gro Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 18, 2018

2.5

Senior Replenishment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Scotts Miracle-Gro (New York, NY) in March 2018.

Interview

I began the interview process in October 2017 and finished in April 2018. Over the span of six months, I had 5 phone interviews, 3 video interviews, and 1 on-site interview.

The recruiter kept in contact with me and communicated well, but after all that time and all the high and low emotions that come with the interview process, they went with an internal candidate.

They led me to believe that they were very interested in me. They did take care of all the accommodations with the on-site interview since I was an out-of-town candidate, which was nice.

Since I did not receive an offer, I feel as though I wasted my time, energy, and emotions. This was a major let down! I would never consider them for employment again because of how they handled the situation.

In total, I interviewed with 10 people and out of those 10 people, there was only one woman and one person of color. This company has an environment that is very male-dominated, and there is not enough diversity within the company.

Interview Questions

• They gave me a surprise Microsoft Excel Exam because they realized that I had already interviewed with one of the people on the interview itinerary.   1 Answer

Billing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marysville, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Scotts Miracle-Gro (Marysville, OH) in February 2018.

Interview

HR emailed me to schedule a time to talk with him, after meeting with him, he emailed me to have a phone interview with the hiring manager. The position still shows open and I have not heard back yet. It was explained to me the process could take awhile for this position to ensure the right fit.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Scotts?   1 Answer

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Scotts Miracle-Gro (Fresno, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Apply online and it took them ~1.5 months to get back to me for an phone interview. The phone interview lasted ~ 30 mins. Most of the questions were what I wrote on the resume. With addition of few as listed below.

Interview Questions

• 1) What would you set your goals for the first 1-2 months right after joining the team?
      2) What do your think about Safety, describe your experience with any accidents occurred at workplace?
      3) What kind of Supervisor would you end up being?   1 Answer

Sales Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Scotts Miracle-Gro.

Interview

Filled out an application, was called within a week, somewhat informal interview for me (since I had worked the position prior, drug test, started working about a week later.

Interview Questions

• Do you have reliable transportation?   1 Answer

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marysville, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Scotts Miracle-Gro (Marysville, OH) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone interview then an on site interview at Sotts campus in Marysville, OH. On site interview consists of three separate interviews. Each of the three interviews consisted of 3 people asking the applicant questions for about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What book have you read recently and what did you learn?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Moore, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Scotts Miracle-Gro (Moore, OK) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was extremely easy.
    Step 1: Applied Online
    Step 2: Contacted via Telephone from a very friendly HR Rep. The conversation was great and extremely casual. He asked a few questions and informed me that he would forward my information to the sales manager. Took about a week to receive the next call.
    Step 3: Met sales manager at a Home Depot: He informed me about SMG products and basic merchandiser responsibility. He told me about the compensation and how much he personally loved working for SMG.
    Step 4: Received several emails concerning administration and orientation. Took a drug test.
    Step 5: First day of work about 5 days after step 4.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with merchandising? Are you able to work outdoors? Can you lift 50lbs?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Scotts Miracle-Gro (Saint Louis, MO) in January 2017.

Interview

phone call to set a time and place to interview, then meet with manager talked about the company the experiences you've done, have you worked with planograms, all the managers are easy going easy interview.

Global Sourcing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marysville, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Scotts Miracle-Gro (Marysville, OH) in December 2016.

Interview

This was my first interview with Scotts Miracle-Gro and it was conducted via Hirevue Digital Interview. I had one attempt per question, but was able to do practice interview questions for as long as I wanted (actual interview questions were different from practice). There were about 6 video response questions and I had around 30 seconds to prepare before each new question.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Coast, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Scotts Miracle-Gro (Palm Coast, FL).

Interview

Asked same Questions they asked online when i applied for job. Stated they were going to do interviews with other candidates and would e mail me if i did or didn't get position.

Interview Questions

• What experience i had to make me a candidate for this job.   1 Answer

Plant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Scotts Miracle-Gro in September 2016.

Interview

i applied via the website for the position. surprisingly, i received an email from a corporate recruiter requesting a phone screen and my availability to discuss the position in more detail. within the week we spoke and it was the typical phone screen with some behavioral based questions. the only thing i found peculiar was the the HR rep stated that this plant manager position would be "training" an older operations manager. my question is and was: why do you need plant manager if i was going to be training a replacement? sounded real fishy to me. i got the typical politically correct answer "...scotts is a very large company with many opportunities for plant managers..." okay. so why not interview for those particular plants?
    at the end of phone screen i got the proverbial "you will hear from us within a week in regards to next steps...."
    of course i have heard nothing.

Interview Questions

• describe how you approach new projects.   1 Answer