Scotts Miracle-Gro Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Scotts Miracle-Gro Interview Questions

Updated Aug 14, 2018

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Scotts Miracle-Gro (Charlotte, NC) in August 2015.

Interview

bring you back in a room and ask you a bunch of random questions, ask do you know what scotts does, ask if you can pass drug test and goes over alot of company policies and benefits. Then you're hired

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukesha, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Scotts Miracle-Gro (Waukesha, WI) in March 2013.

Interview

It was one interview and if they liked what you brought to the table, they hired you on the spot. Basically you were paid $500 base salary a week plus commission plus overtime. You had to go through a drug test. Where I interviewed was a new location for Scotts Lawnservice and they were desperate to staff an entire office.

Interview Questions

Only to find out that the overtime pay was only 1/2 of your weekly salary. I thought they would be different from other competitors, but they are not. I came to the conclusion that I do not recommend to anyone to work in the lawn care industry.

Anonymous Employee in Middletown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Scotts Miracle-Gro (Middletown, PA) in February 2014.

Interview

Very easy interview all you need is a good head on your shoulders

Lead Generator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Scotts Miracle-Gro (Rochester, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

I applied online, received a phone call literally an hour after completion for a phone interview. I was then asked to come in for a 1:1 face interview. Company seemed legit until the spontaneous job offer was lended to me with no expierience. I accepted obviously because I was hurting for a job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Offered me $9 I demanded no less than $10 and received it

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marysville, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Scotts Miracle-Gro (Marysville, OH) in January 2009.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me about the position. The job description wasn't very accurate since they were redefining the role. I was able to complete a phone interview with the manager the day after i stated i would be willing to interview with the company. The interview was relaxed and informative on both ends. The interviewer did not choose canned questions and instead dug into the details of my resume and current position. I heard back the next day that they wanted to set up on onsite interview. i already had plans that was going to take me out of town for a week and they were accommidating and scheduled the onsite interview for the following week. The interview was a panel interview with several managers from the various departments and 2 HR reps. I got a plant tour and a job offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel you'll be able to do the job by being out of school for 3 years.   2 Answers

Negotiation

I found that I didn't have to negotiate. I was given a range upfront, in which i would not have accepted the lower end, but the offer came in at the max rate. I would have felt comfortable nego. for it, if required.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Scotts Miracle-Gro.

Interview

In person interview and then a follow-up on campus. Everyone was friendly and the campus was impressive.

This was a standard interview process with multiple different people that I had to meet with from the team I was applying for.

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Scotts Miracle-Gro (Columbus, OH) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process took about 3 months, it began at a career fair and ended with a super day of on campus interviews at headquarters. I interviewed at the career fair then was invited to do a phone screen after the phone screen I was invited to headquarters for a super day of three panel interviews ranging from brand managers to directors and vice presidents. Generally the people were friendly and the process was fair.

Interview Questions

• How would you convince R&D of a complete change in the product you are working on, your Brand Manager doesn't want a compromise and the R&D have been working on it for months.   Answer Question

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marysville, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Scotts Miracle-Gro (Marysville, OH) in August 2016.

Interview

I had multiple interviews with various levels within the Marketing department. The interview questions were fairly common as with any interview. One of the higher level directors acted like she did not want to be there. It seemed to be a waste of time for her.

The panel presentation lasted about an hour and the same director acted disinterested and did not offer any visual feedback. It seemed like she already had her person selected..

Interview Questions

• General interview questions...project management experience based   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elgin, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Scotts Miracle-Gro (Elgin, IL) in February 2014.

Interview

Easy, Called to come interview three days in a row. Simple questions. Each time I interviewed it was simple questions. One time I sat with a sales rep and listened to their calls. During this time because no one seemed to be home, I didn't really see much.

Interview Questions

• Asked about management styles, talking with people, customer service skills. Very easy interview questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Internal Audit Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Scotts Miracle-Gro (Columbus, OH) in June 2009.

Interview

Had initial 1 on 1 interview on campus that went well, fairly basic questions of Why do you want to work for Scotts? Where do you see yourself in ten years? and some behaviorals. Got selected for the second round of interviews which was at Scotts campus in Marysville. VERY nice place and all the people we're smiling which was nice. Had 2 panel discussions with people in the function I was applying for which went well and had a final meet and greet at a Columbus Blue Jackets game in their luxury box which was a nice touch and good way to get to know the people.

In the end I didn't get the offer as only one spot was available but I would have no problems applying or working for Scotts in the future if the situation arose.