Seaspan Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Seaspan Corporation Interview Questions

Interviews at Seaspan Corporation

3.2

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Seaspan Corporation (North Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in March 2018.

Interview

Pretty basic, a quick screening phone call with HR followed up with a longer interview with the potential manager. The screening call just consisted of basic questions talking about yourself and what you know about the company. The interview was in person with the manager which was more specific to the role itself. Fairly basic, nothing too difficult or out of the ordinary.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Seaspan Corporation (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in January 2012.

Interview

Detailed on resume and past experiences. Focus on the job requirements and be yourself. They want genuine and likable people as well. It is very casual, with lots of behavioral questions as well.

Technical Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Seaspan Corporation (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in April 2013.

Interview

Very straight forward, nothing catchie. They just want see if you can handle it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nothing obvious.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Seaspan Corporation (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in September 2015.

Interview

Several rounds of interview with people from different levels and different departments
    In addition to the general interview questions asked, other questions asked are mostly behavioral questions with very few work related technical questions

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about yourself
      What do you know about this role
      What do you know about our company / the position
      What is your expectation in your next job   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Seaspan Corporation.

Interview

3 interviews with very nice people

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you dealt with a difficult situation   Answer Question

Environmental Health and Safety Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Seaspan Corporation (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Progression through the various people working for and with to see if it’s a good fit for the organization. The interviewers asked hard skill and soft skill questions on a variety of areas and topics. Having ship building and repair experience was not required or seen as a detriment.

Interview Questions

• Experience with confined space and hot work   1 Answer

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Seaspan Corporation (North Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in December 2016.

Interview

They call you and are having a phone interview first. After that, they call you for an in-person interview then they offer you a job by email if you are ok then you meet again for contract sign

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Seaspan Corporation in December 2010.

Interview

I had a written exam which was focussed mainly on shipboard machinery and ship safety and environmental pollution. After successful completion of written exam, I was interviewed by a captain which was mainly HR questions and background check. I was again interviewed by a superintendent which was technical but i found it easy. After couple of days i got shortlisted and was asked to get the medical tests done and also undergo a psychometry test.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Seaspan Corporation in October 2011.

Interview

Initial contact and further contact with recruiter was very professional. It was a panel style interview. The people, office, and work culture were professonal but relaxed. Interview panel made me feel at ease. They were easy to talk to. The interview itself was a discussion format. Research and know the company before you interview.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions asked if you know your business.   1 Answer

Superintendent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Seaspan Corporation (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in April 2016.

Interview

First it was screening by phone with general questions where I answered that I didn't have chief engineer experience. But they invited me anyway. There were 2 guys from management and lady from HR who made phone screening before. One was like a good cop and other like bad cop. Lot of technical questions from ship and ISM/ISPS related as well.

Interview Questions

• MGO/HFO temperature switchover   1 Answer