Sequenom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sequenom Interview Questions

Interviews at Sequenom

2.7

Bioinformatics Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sequenom.

Interview

I got a call from the HR person asking some basic questions and 3 days later I was interviewing with the team over the phone. The interview was super technical divided in three parts: Biology, computer science (unix, data structure, programing, algorithms, etc), and statistics (machine learning). The team who interviewed me had 3 people (manager, CS person, and statistics person). I felt that the team was kind of rude and super straight-forward. Not a good experience.

Bioinformatics Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sequenom.

Interview

They were looking for people with strong algorithmic background, which I didn't have. The interview questions generally revolved around popular genome analysis tools and the algorithms behind them. I had experience with bacterial evolution and analyzing bacterial genomic data, so they also asked me how I had used those tools to analyze those data.

Interview Questions

• Nothing particularly difficult, given that you know some algorithms.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sequenom (San Diego, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

After 2 phone interviews I was asked to a 360 interview - Meet with 5 people over a 4 hour period.
    I have been in these interviews with other companies.
    The people from hiring department were very nice, but felt disorganized over all. All said they didn't have the questions with them they were to ask me. Most of them complained of the department being out of control busy and felt frustrated. A lunch which was thoughtfully brought in, but never offered to me just left on a table in the room.
    HR representative came in, very professional, went over the benefits and there were unusually tough personality questions I have ever experience.
    I put in a lot of effort getting prepared for the interview. It was discouraging because of the lack of preparedness from the team. Maybe because they are so busy no time to take to truly interview candidates,

Interview Questions

• what was the worst thing that has happend to you that you could get over...   1 Answer

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sequenom in May 2015.

Interview

First interview was with HR recruiter, who was one of the rudest recruiters I've ever experienced. The tone in her voice was condescending and I felt as if she had a superiority complex. The interview suggested that she did not look at my resume prior to asking the question as one glance of the resume would have most of the answers she needed.

Second interview was from the supervisor. I was able to establish rapport with her more quickly and her tone was nice throughout.

Did not get a callback after being told they would make decisions in a week.

Scientist Interview

Interview

About a 4 hour interview process, with some senior management and some scientists and RAs. Some technical questions and some personality related.

Software Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sequenom (San Diego, CA) in August 2018.

Interview

The interview consisted of a recruiter phone screen, QA Manager phone interview, Senior QA phone interview, and a face to face with 11 employees (2 Developers, 2 SQA, 2 Business Analysts, 2 Development Managers, 1 clinical, and 1 from billing) . The process has taken 2 months and counting. At this point, I am certain that I was not selected, but after the long process, Sequenom/Labcorp has not let me know either way. The employees that I met were very pleasant, but the company's arduous hiring process leaves little doubt as to why there are very few offers listed on this site. Four rounds of interviews spread across a month and a half involving a dozen people seems a bit overkill for a software QA position that has no reports or management responsibilities. The lack of response or even acknowledgement is the real bummer. If this is indicative of how the company treats employees, I probably dodged a bullet.

Interview Questions

• Why do you have so many positions on your resume? (from non-IT employee)   1 Answer

Research Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sequenom.

Interview

normal, HR contact, then hiring manager, then on-site 5 hour interview. Employer didn't organize the on-site interview well, waiting 1 hour for nobody. People seems too busy to ask relevant questions. Everybody threw in HR questions on their sheet, make you feel like you are doing a behavioral contest.

Interview Questions

• Mostly HR questions that everyone knows are meaningless. Like "if you were an animal, what were you be?". "   1 Answer

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sequenom (San Diego, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

First called for 15-20 min phone interview with hiring manager, very professional and nontechnical since science wasn't their background. Next week a 20 min phone interview with lead scientist , very professional. Great conversation on life goals and their own personal professional journey, very warm and was told it seemed I might be a bit overqualified for the role.
    week later, in person interview with hiring manager, scientists, and associates. The RAIIs seemed quite bored with interviewing, all seemed pretty tired suggesting a very busy workday and little appreciation. When asked about a regular day at work, all had minimal enthusiasm and emphasized the routine nature of the job. Seemed very unambitious and overall mood of the interview I think definitely played a role in how comfortably I was able to respond. RAIs were much more professional and prepared but they had many more questions that were all unfortunately the same in theory, just worded differently.
    Overall, lead scientist and hiring manager were very professional. Disappointed with follow-up. I had another offer lined up but I didn't get so much of a phone call to let me know about the result.

Interview Questions

• A lot of vague, personality questions. If you could describe yourself as any animal what would it be?   Answer Question

NONE Interview

Interview

Applied online and was called in for an interview. Met with a variety of individuals that asked the same question. I never heard back from the recruiter or anyone that I interviewed with.

Interview Questions

• There were not any difficult questions at all.   1 Answer

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sequenom (San Diego, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Apparently called a 360 degree interview, it took nearly 3 hours and I met with 4 people. Questions were not overly difficult and I'm not positive how they would have developed an opinion of my experience based on the questions. I felt like an obligatory addition to the interview process to meet a certain candidate requirement for interviews.

Interview Questions

• If I gave you a brick, what could you do with it?   1 Answer