Sequenom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sequenom Interview Questions

Updated Feb 17, 2017

2.6

Bioinformatics Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sequenom.

Interview

I got a call from the HR person asking some basic questions and 3 days later I was interviewing with the team over the phone. The interview was super technical divided in three parts: Biology, computer science (unix, data structure, programing, algorithms, etc), and statistics (machine learning). The team who interviewed me had 3 people (manager, CS person, and statistics person). I felt that the team was kind of rude and super straight-forward. Not a good experience.

Specimen Processing Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in La Jolla, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sequenom (La Jolla, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

You go in they ask a few questions show you the facilities and then it ends. Its really short and does not allow a person to gage their personality. They give you about 10 minutes to ask any question however they are not really receptive and nod and smile. Its a bit awkward leaving you little to work with. If you want the job just express how much you want to be there and they will give it to you.

Interview Questions

• Why I was interested in going into this field?   1 Answer

Clinical Lab Liaison/Genetic Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sequenom (San Diego, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I had applied, and was contacted right away. My interview was the next week. I got to meet several people in my department, from my direct supervisor to others I would work with and up the chain of command. Also met with HR who had a list of very specific questions, very rote. I was offered the job within a week. I had to complete background and drug screens.

Once the screens were complete, I had a day of online trainings and a day of in house trainings, all paid of course. Sequenom has been great; teaching me lots of things and allowing me to explore areas within the department that I would not necessarily get to in a clinical job.

The work climate is challenging but supportive. They have welcomed me warmly. The culture seems relaxed with the expectation of good hard work. I had to take my mom to the hospital and miss my third day of work. No problem, they understand life happens. Perks are awesome with free parking, great healthcare and weekly workouts on the back patio. Very glad I have joined Sequenom.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Fair negotiations for salary and start date

Lab Associate Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Sequenom.

Interview

Interviewed by talent acquisition. Really nice person, did homework before interviewing and had the same goals the company was looking for. Interview in person that same week. Was also asked salary and working hours. They also gave a tour of the venue and met with the person that interviewed me on the phone and three supervisors.

RA I Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sequenom.

Interview

Hiring process took a few weeks. Met with team I'd been working with. Group seemed nice and friendly but overall not super interested or passionate in what they do. If you're looking to switch into this sector from another life sciences field this may be a good place to do so as some of the scientists and RAs had previously been botanists and were now working in IVD. Overall just not a good fit for me personally.

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions asking for clarification of background   Answer Question

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sequenom (San Diego, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Apparently called a 360 degree interview, it took nearly 3 hours and I met with 4 people. Questions were not overly difficult and I'm not positive how they would have developed an opinion of my experience based on the questions. I felt like an obligatory addition to the interview process to meet a certain candidate requirement for interviews.

Interview Questions

• If I gave you a brick, what could you do with it?   1 Answer

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sequenom in May 2015.

Interview

First interview was with HR recruiter, who was one of the rudest recruiters I've ever experienced. The tone in her voice was condescending and I felt as if she had a superiority complex. The interview suggested that she did not look at my resume prior to asking the question as one glance of the resume would have most of the answers she needed.

Second interview was from the supervisor. I was able to establish rapport with her more quickly and her tone was nice throughout.

Did not get a callback after being told they would make decisions in a week.

Bioinformatics Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sequenom.

Interview

They were looking for people with strong algorithmic background, which I didn't have. The interview questions generally revolved around popular genome analysis tools and the algorithms behind them. I had experience with bacterial evolution and analyzing bacterial genomic data, so they also asked me how I had used those tools to analyze those data.

Interview Questions

• Nothing particularly difficult, given that you know some algorithms.   Answer Question

NONE Interview

Interview

Applied online and was called in for an interview. Met with a variety of individuals that asked the same question. I never heard back from the recruiter or anyone that I interviewed with.

Interview Questions

• There were not any difficult questions at all.   1 Answer

Research Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sequenom.

Interview

normal, HR contact, then hiring manager, then on-site 5 hour interview. Employer didn't organize the on-site interview well, waiting 1 hour for nobody. People seems too busy to ask relevant questions. Everybody threw in HR questions on their sheet, make you feel like you are doing a behavioral contest.

Interview Questions

• Mostly HR questions that everyone knows are meaningless. Like "if you were an animal, what were you be?". "   1 Answer