Service Management Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Service Management Group Interview Questions

Updated Jun 10, 2017

2.8

Project Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Service Management Group.

Interview

Gave presentation and was provided a questionnaire to find errors and issues with presentations. Sat in there interviews and was shown the facility. Was a good experience but the office was extremely packed and people were everywhere

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your research and data analysis experience   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Service Management Group in May 2017.

Interview

-Applied via LinkedIn Jobs
    -Contacted by a recruiter to arrange a pre-screen phone interview
    -Within first 5 min, expectations set that this would be an intensive process
    -Prior to receiving a true phone interview, interviewee must complete a skills / personality assessment
    -Recruiter stated that there may be multiple phone interviews, followed by an in person interview where the interviewee is responsible for a 10 minute presentation based on questions sent to you, and after that, if selected to move forward, a 1.5-2 hour in-person interview with the hiring manager(s).
    -Was then asked if I had my 4 year degree. I responded no, that I did not... which can also be seen on my resume.
    -Recruiter stated that a 4 year degree is required and ended the call.

In my opinion, disregarding prior experience in favor of a degree is a poor practice. You lose the ability to utilize valuable young resources who have been in the workforce gaining experience vs. in school.

Interview Questions

• Do you have your 4 year degree?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Service Management Group.

Interview

I first had one interview with the team, then a follow up interview with the director, and that was followed by a phone call to let me know I had received the offer.

Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Telephone, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Service Management Group (Telephone, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied via LinkedIn notice.
    Recruiter contacted me shortly there after to arrange telephone interview.
    Recruiter as 6-8 basic questions about my experience, she was very pleasant and engaging.
    Thoroughly explained the vetting process.
    She committed to getting back to me on x day with the status of my application and she did so.
    I was not selected to move on to the next round

Interview Questions

• What makes a sales person successful?   1 Answer
    • Who is a public figure that you most admired?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Service Management Group (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

Phone Screening by HR staffer

Online Assessment (mix of Myers-Briggs personality test and 25-30 word problems filled with details and numbers, from which I'd have to determine "Based on the above information, which one of the below statements are true." Each of the word problems had a 3 minute time counting down. If you didn't answer in 3 minutes, you lost credit and were moved onto the next question)

In-House Interview including
                   a) 10 minute/10 slide presentation to the 7-person hiring committee of project managers and senior staff (preferable including qualitative or quantitative data)
                   b) a panel interview (with 3 members of the hiring committee)
                   c) another panel interview (with 3 different members of the hiring committee)
                   d) another online assessment

Interview Questions

• How do you organize your workday/work week.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Service Management Group (Kansas City, MO) in July 2015.

Interview

It was a phone interview followed by two sessions of group interviews. Also had to make online assessments and pass background check. Did not have to give a presentation . Very quick and painless transitions meeting with the two different groups. Very friendly people and knowledgeable of the company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Service Management Group (Boston, MA) in July 2015.

Interview

Entire process took a little over 4 weeks. I applied online and was set up fairly quickly with a telephone pre-screen interview. After the pre-screen, I had to take a critical thinking test, had a 2-on-1 telephone interview with the Kansas City team, was asked to prepare a 10-page PowerPoint presentation for the in-person interview, presented the presentation at the in-person interview to the team in the Boston office as well as via Skype to the Kansas city team, had one-on-one interviews with two of the SVP's in the Boston office, and had two more 2-on-1 interviews via Skype with the Kansas City team. The in-person interview process took about 4.5 hours.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waco, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Service Management Group (Waco, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Emailed reaching out for consideration in conjunction with the completion of my masters degree. Interviewed by GM and Operations manager both. Met other individuals I would be working with and got a complete and in-depth tour of the facility. We discussed the possible time frames and expectations based on previous interns

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Service Management Group (Kansas City, MO) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied to a position in the late fall of 2014. I was interviewed by recruiters via phone twice. A month later, I was asked to interview on-site; The interview lasted 2 hours.

Content Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Service Management Group.

Interview

I was first contacted by SMG via e-mail to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was fairly easy (although it was hard to hear the woman because she was on speaker phone). The only question that caught me off guard in the phone interview was, "who is your favorite author and why."

A week went my and I was unsure if I was going to get a call back. However, they e-mailed me and asked me to come in for an on-site interview. When I got there I had to wait nearly 20 minutes for someone to greet me. Everyone I saw and/or spoke with at SMG seemed very snobbish and rude. I didn't feel comfortable at all during the interview. The interview questions were pretty average. Toward the end of my interview I had made up my mind about the company based off of other posts on this website and my personal experience.

Overall, I couldn't see myself working at SMG. Many of the entry-level employees are middle aged and that told me that either people are really lazy and don't want to be promoted or the company doesn't care about their employees effort and hard work to promote them. At the end of my interview I told them that the position didn't seem like a good fit for me.

Interview Questions

• Who is your favorite author and why do you like their writing style   1 Answer