Service Management Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Service Management Group

2.9

Sort:

Associate Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Service Management Group.

Interview

I was sending 2 or 3 emails for application and follow up, so that I got replied from the HR. She arranged one phone screen call 3 or 4 days after her emails.

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Del Mar, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Service Management Group (Del Mar, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Came in to a job fair type setting, very relaxed because the interviews were quick and there were lots of people with you. Actual interview lasted only a few minutes. Entire process took about 30 minutes to an hour. Interviewed by two people, and was with a person I knew. Very easy interview, very little stress.

Solution Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Service Management Group (Kansas City, MO) in December 2011.

Interview

I applied via LinkedIn, as that is where most of their positions are listed, and contacted the recruiter. The recruiter setup a phone interview and scheduled an in-person interview the next week. In-person interview was very relaxed and the interviewers made me feel very comfortable, like I was already part of the company. I had one final phone interview the day after with the Director of the department, since she did not get to speak with me when I was in the office. I then received an offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• If you were a salad dressing, what type would you be and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated a higher salary

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Service Management Group (Kansas City, MO) in July 2015.

Interview

It was a phone interview followed by two sessions of group interviews. Also had to make online assessments and pass background check. Did not have to give a presentation . Very quick and painless transitions meeting with the two different groups. Very friendly people and knowledgeable of the company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waco, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Service Management Group (Waco, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Emailed reaching out for consideration in conjunction with the completion of my masters degree. Interviewed by GM and Operations manager both. Met other individuals I would be working with and got a complete and in-depth tour of the facility. We discussed the possible time frames and expectations based on previous interns

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Service Management Group.

Interview

I first had one interview with the team, then a follow up interview with the director, and that was followed by a phone call to let me know I had received the offer.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Service Management Group in May 2017.

Interview

-Applied via LinkedIn Jobs
    -Contacted by a recruiter to arrange a pre-screen phone interview
    -Within first 5 min, expectations set that this would be an intensive process
    -Prior to receiving a true phone interview, interviewee must complete a skills / personality assessment
    -Recruiter stated that there may be multiple phone interviews, followed by an in person interview where the interviewee is responsible for a 10 minute presentation based on questions sent to you, and after that, if selected to move forward, a 1.5-2 hour in-person interview with the hiring manager(s).
    -Was then asked if I had my 4 year degree. I responded no, that I did not... which can also be seen on my resume.
    -Recruiter stated that a 4 year degree is required and ended the call.

In my opinion, disregarding prior experience in favor of a degree is a poor practice. You lose the ability to utilize valuable young resources who have been in the workforce gaining experience vs. in school.

Interview Questions

• Do you have your 4 year degree?   1 Answer

Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Telephone, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Service Management Group (Telephone, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied via LinkedIn notice.
    Recruiter contacted me shortly there after to arrange telephone interview.
    Recruiter as 6-8 basic questions about my experience, she was very pleasant and engaging.
    Thoroughly explained the vetting process.
    She committed to getting back to me on x day with the status of my application and she did so.
    I was not selected to move on to the next round

Interview Questions

• What makes a sales person successful?   1 Answer
    • Who is a public figure that you most admired?   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Service Management Group in April 2018.

Interview

Quick but challenging. They really want top talent so do your best and prepare! Be yourself and ask questions. Be able to give an informational and smooth presentation. Make sure you set aside enough time to complete the testing in the amount of time they give you.

Event Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Service Management Group (Syracuse, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

Short Interview. Basic questions. I was first contacted by SMG via e-mail to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was fairly easy (although it was hard to hear the woman because she was on speaker phone). The only question that caught me off guard in the phone interview was, "who is your favorite author and why."

A week went my and I was unsure if I was going to get a call back. However, they e-mailed me and asked me to come in for an on-site interview. When I got there I had to wait nearly 20 minutes for someone to greet me. Everyone I saw and/or spoke with at SMG seemed very snobbish and rude. I didn't feel comfortable at all during the interview. The interview questions were pretty average. Toward the end of my interview I had made up my mind about the company based off of other posts on this website and my personal experience.

Overall, I couldn't see myself working at SMG. Many of the entry-level employees are middle aged and that told me that either people are really lazy and don't want to be promoted or the company doesn't care about their employees effort and hard work to promote them. At the end of my interview I told them that the position didn't seem like a good fit for me.

Interview Questions

• What experience have you had that would translate to the role you're applying to.   Answer Question