Services for the UnderServed Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Services for the UnderServed Interview Questions

Interviews at Services for the UnderServed

2.6

Case Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Services for the UnderServed.

Interview

Very bland no true questions. Cared more about your ability to type rather than experience in the field of mental health. Program Director and Assistant Program director ask you questions about team orientation. The job is highlighted to the best of its ability, but is not worth the time if you are college educated.

Negotiation

n/A

Recruitment Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Services for the UnderServed.

Interview

I was phone screened by an outside recruiter, then he scheduled an interview with Xiomara Richardson (the person this position would be replacing) and Latoya Ellis, Director of Employee and Labor Relations. The interview with Xiomara was great. She asked good questions and the interview lasted about an hour. Then I interviewed with Latoya. She was very unprofessional. The moment I walked in she gave me an attitude. She seemed uninterested in interviewing me (it wasn't because of what I was wearing because I was dressed very professional). She took 3 minutes to look at my resume while I sat in front of her. She asked me a few questions and then in the end she didn't even want to give me her business card when I asked for it. I did not get a good vibe from her the entire time. After the interviews, I called the recruiter and told him that I was no longer interested in the position. I just can't work for someone so rude and unprofessional. It is no wonder that they're still looking for someone and I was interviewed 2 months ago. Because of Latoya it will take a very long time for them to find someone.

DSP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Services for the UnderServed (Bronx, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Good. The interview seem to care about me. The questions seem fair. Everybody seem very nice. No need for formal dressing. It takes a long time for background check. After the background check, the paperwork was fast. The HR department was very nice but can be disorganized.

Program Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Services for the UnderServed (New York, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

Asked questions about the work ethics while providing services for the MR population and how long you been in this field the manager and assistant manager where the ones giving the interview

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Services for the UnderServed (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

Very professional HR system. This is one of the best non-profits in NYC and the volume of people applying is staggering. I was impressed with the way that they were able to manage the large numbers of people being added.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was little room for negotiation as I was made aware that I had been offered the maximum budgeted salary.

Billing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Services for the UnderServed (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online, received a call 2 days later from Attah. Horrible phone skills, sounded intimidated to ask for me or to arrange interview. He set interview for a Monday at 1:30 pm. When I arrived at 1:27 (slowwww eleavators)the Receptionist said he stepped out for food. She never even offered me a seat. I heard her leave a message telling him I was there, so I emailed him to let him know I didn't just get there. I waited ten minutes and he decided my time was not valued, why set an interview time and go to lunch??!! If I were late it would reflect poorly on me, this company is not the place for me with this type of lack of concern

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Services for the UnderServed (Brooklyn, NY) in December 2017.

Interview

Easy basic Stuff. I had to take fingerprints backround check. Criminal history. HR wanted recommendation letters from previous jobs. Lots of invasive BS. I have nearly lost interest int he process. Was thinking to myself this is only for 40K all this stuff is too much.

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Services for the UnderServed (Brooklyn, NY) in January 2019.

Interview

The interview process was very easy. I came in for my interview but the interviewer forgot and didn't show up so I ended up getting interviewed over the phone and got the job offer at the end of the call.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Services for the UnderServed (Brooklyn, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

Started as a Temp, assigned Supervisor told me salary would be negotiable when became permanent because I possessed more education than job description required, but after dedicating several months was told at hiring pay rate was fixed, and was always that way.

Interview Questions

• Work experience with mental health population.   1 Answer

Residential Aide Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Services for the UnderServed (Brooklyn, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview was during a open House with 300 other interviewees. The process was not organized and took more than two hours for me to sit down with a recruiter. The recruiter advised me to call her the following Monday, which I did, she then told me I would be great for her company but she needed to find out which location she would be sending me to. 30 days after the interview she emailed me to come do another in-person interview at the location I would be working at. I then interviewed with my then manager at that time I asked how much would I be compensated, which I was told that someone else has that answer. I didn't find out my pay till I signed hiring papers the day before training, which was during holiday season so I took the offer.