SevOne Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at SevOne

2.8

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SevOne (Newark, DE) in January 2020.

Interview

The entire process was overall very enjoyable and transparent. I received a call from HR for the initial screening, very standard but welcoming. The next step was a call with the hiring manager where the discussion is more involved in the specifics of the role and your relevant experience. I was lucky enough to speak with another front end developer on the team at this stage so the conversation was very informative; we discussed everything from the stack, to team culture. The on-site interview is very relaxed. You will work on a problem with a current team member to see how your problem solving style meshes with the team, then a conversational interview with the hiring manager will follow, overall about 3 hours. They value openness and honest communication, it was a very refreshing experience.

Interview Questions

• Using React, hide all children in node in a tree by clicking the name.   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SevOne.

Interview

It was an on site interview after qualifying an online coding test. All 5 teams in the company interviewed me individually. It took about 2hours. The people there were very welcoming.

Interview Questions

• My background details, java script, mostly from my resume.   Answer Question

Product Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SevOne (Newark, DE) in May 2019.

Interview

1 Phone Screen with the Technical Recruiter
    2 Phone Interviews with Team Leads
    1 Skills test & Face to Face panel style interview with managers and team leads
    I was given a tour of the facility and an overview of the company and what would be expected of me. At the conclusion of the interview I was given the news that I would not be considered in their selection due to a lack of knowledge in certain areas.
    Overall, I enjoyed the experience and I think the team that I interviewed with was a great set of people. I look forward to applying in the future for a position more in my field of expertise with this company.

Interview Questions

• How would you trouble shoot a server that is running slow.   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SevOne.

Interview

Got email inviting to Hackerrank 90min challenge 5 days to deadline. There were 5 relatively easy C++ questions and I got all cases for 4 of them. Got ghosted and reading other reviews I was not surprised. Avoid

Interview Questions

• Could not figure out input for first question. Did all the logical parts but could not get Hackerrank to compile it. Get an input, if string reverse, else if float increment then return (easy right? now get the input). Tried in main then as a separate function, so I spent more time on this BS than all the rest   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SevOne.

Interview

Online quiz, which is not very hard. But definitely need to get familiar with their quiz system.
    But i failed on this step. I believe that if you work on more algorithm quiz, it won't be that hard.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SevOne.

Interview

On a Wednesday I filled out the application and completed the 90 minute hacker rank challenge. The next day I received an email saying they were interested in speaking with me. They asked if I was available that day between 3 and 4pm or anytime the following day. I saw the email when I got home from work so it was already after 4pm. I replied and said anytime the next day would be great for me. I never received a call or email so towards the end of the business day I sent a second email saying that if they needed to reschedule that I would be available anytime on Monday. When Monday afternoon came I decided to call the recruiter that contacted me. No answer so I left a message. I gave it a couple days and on Wednesday I still hadn't received any email or call. I called one last time and left a message again. Finally at around 5pm that day I got a phone call back and I was given the excuse that he was on vacation. Why would you contact someone and say your available to speak when you are going to be on vacation? Makes no sense to me. Anyway, he called only to tell me that there are no software engineer jobs at SevOne right now but he could refer me to someone else who MAY have an opening but it would require a security clearance. It was extremely frustrating to go through the effort of applying and doing the coding challenge only to be to told yeah sorry there aren't any jobs here. Lets not ignore the fact that I applied to the job posting within a day or two of it being posted and there is still a posting up advertising the same job. So I guess no one know what's going on at this company because they post for nonexistent jobs and then waste your time.

Interview

Hands down one of the most enjoyable interview processes I have experienced from start to finish. The internal Recruiter was very professional and kept the process moving quickly. The entire process start to finish was about 4 weeks.

Back End Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SevOne.

Interview

Basically a good interview, then the test came. It was an online test for matrices algorithms in c++. That would if been fine if the test ide didn't keep crashing. Then silence.

Interview Questions

• Do you stay up to date with the latest technologies?   1 Answer

Senior Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at SevOne (Newark, DE) in April 2017.

Interview

1 hour interview with two Hiring Managers from the company plus a very nice tour and overview of the facility. We reviewed in depth details of the role, the history and expactations

Content Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SevOne (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

After applying, I received a phone call from their office manager who asked me my salary requirements, as well as my availability for a standard phone interview with the person in charge of their communications teams. We scheduled that next phone interview during that initial conversation.

I had the phone interview with a woman sometime later the next week, it was pretty standard. She asked that I email over some writing samples, so I did. Afterwards, the office manager called me back to say I did well enough on the phone interview to come in for an in-person interview. Scheduling that interview was tough. It took longer than usual to get a confirmed date to come in.

The in-person interview process was bizarre. I met with three people, all separately. Including the woman whom I had already spoken with over the phone. Plus two other men. The woman was pretty short when I asked her basic but relevant questions pertaining to the position. When I asked how their initiation/training process went, she replied with, "There is no training. I'd expect you to know what you're doing on day one." Which I thought was really strange. I've never heard of any position where there wasn't some sort of initial training/orientation period to start out with.

Next, one of the men I interviewed with asked how I dealt with "different personalities" in the office place. Pretty standard question, but he felt it necessary to mention that there was a current employee who was "annoying and nobody liked" and asked how I'd "deal" with that type of person. I thought this was extremely unprofessional. The other man I met with emphasized the casual environment of the office, demonstrating how they could wear jeans. He described all this while using a small level of profanity, not like I minded. I just assumed this was to show how casual he was.

I received a phone call a week or two later from the office manager. He said I didn't get the job. He also provided some additional and unnecessary feedback. I've been turned down from jobs before and I was never given, nor needed, an explanation as to why. One of the men said I seemed "too informal" while the woman said my writing skills were "very weak." When I asked why she even bothered to have me come in for an in-person interview, he replied with, "well, she's pretty new at this interviewing process."

I totally dodged a bullet. I've never received such a negative, toxic impression from a workplace like I did from SevOne in Boston.

Interview Questions

• How I dealt with "different personalities" in the office place.   1 Answer