KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

64 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "No training provided at all for NMS or other appliance solution.(in 9 reviews)
  • "Employees are rewarded not because they earned it, but because they survived the layoffs and are still sticking around, and management is afraid they'll leave too.(in 9 reviews)
  • "When massive layoffs are leaked to the paper before giving anyone any notice, just shows how childish the leaders really are at SevOne.(in 7 reviews)
  • "Lack of communication from manager to employee.(in 5 reviews)
  • "Upper management is a total disgrace: self(in 5 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0

Aug 23, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

A challenging and fast-paced environment.

Cons

Not many to recognize. Maybe more interactions with other teams.

2. 4.0
    Current Employee

Cutting edge company to work for

Sep 10, 2021 - Software Developer in Newark, DE
    Business Outlook

Pros

A growing company recently acquired by IBM. Their network monitoring solution and reporting are great products that I'm proud to support. Management appreciates developer direction in technology and design choices.

Cons

Losing its startup status, so development experience becomes more layered with bureaucracy and supplemented with lesser skilled off-shore man power.

3. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Incompetent and inexperienced management in Engineering & QA

Sep 22, 2021 - Software Developer in Newark, DE
    Business Outlook

Pros

Remote work option. Decent product. Good smart engineers. Decent pay for new employees coming into the company.

Cons

Lot of good folks left the company from the time I joined. People who have no experience in management are made directors.Bad attitudes, unprofessional condescending attitudes of managers are tolerated in Development & QA. Lot of profanity and inappropriate language used in meetings. Extremely immature and unprofessional managers who are going to stay there forever because no other companies will tolerate their unprofessional attitude.

1 person found this review helpful
  4. 4.0

Good Team, difficult company

Apr 8, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Got to work with a small team of wonderful people, we went through a-lot together and the work environment was great.

Cons

Overall the company is good but has had issues staying on track and recently got merged.

5. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good people! Fun atmosphere!

Apr 15, 2021 - Senior Pre-Sales Engineer in Newark, DE
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great group of colleagues, some smart people!

Cons

Management too concerned with process for a small company.

6. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work!

Nov 2, 2020 - Software Engineer in Newark, DE
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing people, learned a lot! Opportunities to interact and collaborate with other parts of the business.

Cons

Nothing major. Some silos need breaking down so teams have better visibility of each other's work but that is being actively worked on.

7. 4.0

Enjoyed Experience

Sep 17, 2020 - Software Engineering Intern in Newark, DE
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible Hours, helpful coworkers, learned alot

Cons

My experience was positive, no huge cons jump out at me

8. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Stay away

Jan 19, 2021 - Technical Support Engineer in Wilmington, DE
    Business Outlook

Pros

Location, maybe. It is close to Duck Donuts.

Cons

Too many to list, they may be out of business by now

1 person found this review helpful
  9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

I enjoy my job.

Aug 6, 2013 - Support Team Lead in Newark, DE
    Business Outlook

Pros

Where to start? I started at this company with little to no knowledge about the product nor the technologies that it relies on. I now would consider myself an expert on them. The pay is great, the people are great, and there's generally a good vibe in the office. The customers we deal with are generally knowledgable and pleasant. What I really like about this job is that I learn something new every single day. I get handed opportunities to challenge myself with something I've never seen before on a regular basis. I get a sense of freedom here. I can sit and try my hand at debugging code if I'd like. There is never a boring day at SevOne, that's for sure. The management's great too. I don't feel micromanaged. I get recognition when I do things well, and when I mess something up, it's explained clearly to me so I learn from it instead of just feeling bad. I've been here for almost one year and I've already been promoted up two positions! I feel like I'm an integral part of SevOne. You can't get that at a lot of places.

Cons

I had about no training when I was hired, but we are starting to make documentation and run training sessions. The new guys who came in recently have received at least some training, so that's alright. Sometimes it gets REALLY cold or really hot in the office. It gets a bit chaotic and beaurocratic at times. It seems like just growing pains for a new company.

2 people found this review helpful
  10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Supply Chain Management

May 1, 2015 - Operations Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

SevOne is unlike any company I have worked at. The culture here is truly unique. The company is rapidly expanding but management still ensures each employee is given the chance to make their own experience at SevOne special. Constant initiatives to improve our customer satisfaction shows the desire to grow as a leader in industry. Management has taken a particular interest in ensuring employee satisfaction as SevOne continues to grow. Working for two fortune 100 companies before coming here I can truly say that my voice is heard and makes a difference at SevOne. As a new employee I was given the power to control and change processes and I have never been micromanaged. There isn't bureaucratic red tape and employees are given the training and tools to succeed.

Cons

In comparison to some of the larger companies I have worked at the 401K match and health benefits aren't as competitive... more in line with a smaller size company (which we are). The current building is somewhat old and know longer has any wow factor. The move to the STAR campus located in the heart of University of Delaware's campus will resolve these issues with a state of the art facility. I think future candidates and customers will be blown away by the new space.

2 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 176 Reviews

SevOne Reviews FAQs

SevOne has an overall rating of 3.3 out of 5, based on over 194 reviews left anonymously by employees. 53% of employees would recommend working at SevOne to a friend and 48% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, SevOne employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.3 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at SevOne. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

53% of SevOne employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated SevOne 3.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.5 for culture and values and 3.2 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at SevOne to be benefits, workplace, coworkers and the cons to be senior leadership, career development, management.