Shape Security Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Shape Security Interview Questions

Interviews at Shape Security

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shape Security (Mountain View, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

On-site interview right after a phone interview with HR. The on-site one was a bit long, about 4-5 hours. First the HR and PM had a casual chat with me introducing some of the company. Then other interviewers give about 3 algorithm problems to solve on white board. Some basic knowledge questions were also asked.

Interview Questions

• Not too hard algorithm problems.
      Basic about operating system.
      Basic about networking like protocols...
      Can't remember ....   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Shape Security (Mountain View, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

I applied online and recruiter reached out to me with telephonic phone screen. I was able to clear it. Since i was out of state they wanted to do a google hangout interview with google docs live coding. Engineer liked my approach of problem solving. I was invited for an onsite after lot of delays. There were 5 rounds of interview in addition to a lunch interview. First round started with some api design and whiteboard coding. Engineer was fair enough and i felt i did well. It was followed by another round of Data Structures and Algorithms round by 2 engineers. It had two programs. I felt this went well too. It was followed by an interview with the director who explained me about their products and asked couple of questions related to software engineering (no white board coding). Next was lunch interview. The food was really good and the i spoke with their hr during this round. He was a nice person to talk with. Another technical round with a senior engineer who asked questions about synchronization, mutex, deadlock, etc. It went well. My last round was with two amateur engineers. It was pathetic. They were not at all professional . One of them has a bachelors degree who started career couple of months ago and was new to software engineering. Other interviewer was with the company for last one year who was again recent graduate (Masters). During the interview they were least interested in listening to the solutions and rather started talking to each other and started making comments writing on the notebook. I was so irritated, however i kept myself calm. There were literally no much people to take interviews and they asked their kids to interview. Overall the process took 2 months as recruiter was not responsive at all.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Shape Security (Mountain View, CA) in May 2018.

Interview

Without a doubt the least professional interview process I have encountered! I was referred by an employee, a recruiter reached out about a month later and after an initial call she asked if I would be able to come onsite for the first round technical interview. She said that this was unusual but in a good way as the hiring manager was "very interested in my background and wanted to meet me in person".

I thought "Great, this is definitely a sign of interest. I will go down there and make a great impression on them without having to worry about awkward Skype interview nonsense." When I arrived I was told that the hiring manager was "putting out fires" and could not meet with me. I met with another employee wasn't on the team I would be working with, and we mainly talked about his career after glossing over general behavioral/experiential questions. Definitely not worth asking my boss for the morning off. Then I was brought to meet the hiring manager while he was still frantically working to fix things, I blame the recruiter and my interviewer for even bringing me into his "war room" to meet him as it was obviously a bad time. I'm not even going to go into my strangely brief interaction with him and his seemingly miserable team.

The absolute worst part of this is the fact that the recruiter never followed up despite multiple attempts on my part. No responses to my emails, no phone calls, just silence. The craziest thing about this is that I was an employee referral, two employees referred me. I can only speculate as to how they treat applicants who were not referred.

Just horrible.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Shape Security.

Interview

This was one of the worst experiences I've had with a recruiter. The process took weeks. No one replied to my messages. They rescheduled meetings constantly and then never replied to messages.

Strategic Account Manager Interview

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Shape Security in August 2018.

Interview

Phone interview, flight out to San Jose for round of fave to face interviews, 2nd round of facw to face interviews. Entire team was professional and enthusiastic. Didn’t get the job, but dis get a phone call from HR letting me know they went with another candidate and why they went with them over me and constructive feedback. Seems like a great company with quality professionals. Would definitely recommend.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Shape Security.

Interview

Applied online. 1st interview is a phone call with the recruiter. Next, I had 4 interviews with 4 different analysts. Final interview with the hiring manager. After that I impressed all of them, got the offer

Technical Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Shape Security.

Interview

Initial call with recruiter. Recruiter recommended I research more about network engineering and find a time the following week to review what I had learned. I spent the weekend learning about networking engineering, ready to answer any questions that might be asked. I contacted the recruiter per her request, but she didn't ask me any networking questions during the phone call. Sh was late calling (for the second time) and didn't follow up with what she asked me to do. She then asks if I would be willing to speak with the hiring manager as next steps. I agree and wait about a week for her to set up the appointment. I finally emailed and asked where they were in the hiring process- she responded with, "I completely forgot about you.". Not a good sign.

Interview Questions

• General interview questions- explain background and previous role, etc.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Shape Security.

Interview

Intro Call
    1st Round - 30 min onsite interviews
    2nd Round - 4 interviews ~30 minutes each

It was an excellent process. Very well run and detailed. I wasn't a perfect fit for the position and was ultimately not selected. Regardless I have nothing but appreciation for the care and detailed process Cyber Security run. After meeting several members of the recruiting team an senior leadership I can attest this is a company that takes great care in their hiring process (engineers and otherwise) and are trying to build a lasting company. If you get a call, meet with them.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Shape Security (Mountain View, CA) in June 2018.

Interview

It was lengthy and spread out. I had good communication with the scheduler, but overall, the process lasted longer than I felt it should have and there was not a lot of clarity on when the process would wrap up.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Interview

After an initial call with the recruiter, and a phone screen by the hiring manager, I was invited onsite to meet with 8 team members. Combination of technical presentation (assignment sent beforehand, and fielding varied professional/background questions.

Though the company was very interesting, the interview experience was sub-par:
     - a number of interviewees were no-shows, including the recruiter/host
     - afterwards, radio silence. Despite multiple emails requests for ‘any’ update

Basic professionalism (courtesy follow up, or response) completely lacking

Interview Questions

• Define a method to assess and classify the malicious or benign intent of any given web visitor   Answer Question