Shape Security Reviews | Glassdoor

4.3
  1. "Bright Future"

Current Employee - Enterprise Business Development in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Shape Security full-time for less than a year

Pros

Management cares about the process and invests the time to help get up to speed on a highly sophisticated product. If you are willing to put your head down the money is there.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep it up.

Shape Security2019-06-03
  2. "Great place to work."

I have been working at Shape Security full-time

Pros

Effective and innovative products that are in demand, an impressive and still-growing list of customers, talented employees, and good leadership. Plus lots of tech industry-type perks and schedule flexibility. Growing rapidly. Great benefits.

Cons

Many undefined or ad-hoc processes, but that's typical for a company in this stage of growth. 401k does not match yet.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

Shape Security2019-06-03
  3. "Excellent place for excellent folks"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Shape Security full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A very useful product. We are the good guys fighting the bot plague. You get to work with and learn from the best people in the domain. The company is very open, they present at all-hands meetings the same slides they show at quarterly board meetings. Upper management is very high caliber and yet quite approachable. The company helps you define a career path and internal transfers are encouraged.

Cons

Middle management has always been an issue. It would help to let the team-leads focus on technical issues, and hire more experienced managers to handle the organization and project management. Internal documentation is an eternal disaster: obsolete and disparate, you are left on your own to dig in different places and ask different folks if you want to understand the work from another team. It’s typical of startups that...

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Thanks for treating everyone like adults.

Shape Security2019-06-01
  4. "#1 Fastest Growing Company in Silicon Valley according to Deloitte"

Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Shape Security full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fast-paced, growth-minded startup. Really smart people, veteran leadership, great customers. Lots of opportunity to make your mark and influence the direction of the company.

Cons

Fast-paced, growth-minded startup – if you don't know why that's both a pro and a con, then Shape might not be for you. If you're not comfortable with some level of ambiguity and the need to wear multiple hats (or whatever hat is required) in order to get the job done, then Shape might not be for you.

Shape Security2019-05-29
  5. "Amazing product, phenomenal potential"

Current Employee - Administration in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Shape Security full-time for more than a year

Pros

Product is best in class. Strong enterprise customers, we have worlds most prestigious blue chip customers we defend. Strong executives with amazing pedigrees leading the company. Fast growth (ranked #1 in Silicon Valley by Deloitte Fast 500). Caliber of talent is exceptional, some of the brightest minds I have ever worked with in my career.

Cons

Intensity and pace is not for everyone. If you are not a "figure things out quickly" person you will struggle here.

Advice to Management

keep up the amazing work

Shape Security2019-05-21
  6. "Incredibly intelligent people and product"

I have been working at Shape Security full-time for more than a year

Pros

Endless education and continuous learning for all levels of experience. Unparalleled product and people working on the product. Great leadership Hard work pays off; promotional and professionally progressive environment. Silicon-Valley-esque culture.

Cons

Very fast paced and sporadic. Not the environment for everyone, but great if that is where you thrive. Typical start-up growing pains.

Shape Security2019-05-21
  7. "A Place Where You Can Make a Difference"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

I have been working at Shape Security full-time for less than a year

Pros

Shape offers a very positive workplace full of bright, talented, hardworking people. The company lives its values. I feel both challenged yet supported every day, and I know that I am making an impact. I have never worked at a company that cares so much about its people.

Cons

If you do not enjoy a fast paced work environment, you will struggle at Shape.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Shape Security2019-05-20
  8. "Best Company I've Worked For"

Current Employee - N/A in Draper, UT

I have been working at Shape Security full-time for less than a year

Pros

Shape Security has flexible schedules, fair managers with challenging but achievable expectations, room to grow, great coworkers, fluidity in job responsibilities that allows me to take on projects I am passionate about, good pay, great benefits, predictable and reasonable hours, amazing company culture. I can't say enough good things about this company.

Cons

Company is experiencing rapid growth resulting in exceptionally busy schedules. It's not necessarily a "con", but it is the nature of the job that every employee is working very hard and is very busy. Luckily, although I don't speak for other positions, my work rarely follows me home at the end of the day.

Advice to Management

Managers should never be afraid to have the hard conversations with under-performers and to document said conversations and follow up on steps made to correct employee performance issues. This allows managers to have a paper-trail to back them up if push comes to shove regarding disciplinary action. Team members that are not pulling their weight create more work for the rest of the team and can result in overall demoralization...

Shape Security2019-05-20

"Strong company from further view, problems within"

I worked at Shape Security

Pros

- As with most tech companies, many smart people to work with - Leader in cyber security - Solid benefits - Execs make an effort to be transparent (see comment below) - Some of the managers/architects are freakin' awesome, but based on team - C-level execs are quite approachable

Cons

- Some of the managers call themselves the "Boys Club" ... Talk about inclusiveness. - Operational and technical scaling problems have existed for far too long - While the execs often make an attempt to be transparent, after you attend a few all-hands or have a few 1 on 1's, you'll start to feel why it actually doesn't feel transparent. Often many false hopes or promises are made/claimed, and they're never quite realized....

Shape Security2019-01-14

"Big growth potential supported by strong business demands"

I have been working at Shape Security full-time for less than a year

Pros

- A great product to resolve bleeding industry problem - Strong leadership with visions, networking, and execution capability - Full of highly skilled professionals - Agile and collaborative work culture

Cons

- Somewhat ambiguous / poorly defined processes and ownership

Advice to Management

- Recruit professionals with domain knowledge and passion - Analyze dissatisfaction reasons of some employees leaving companies and seek for resolutions

Shape Security2018-07-26