Shentel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Shentel (Edinburg, VA) in January 2014.

Interview

Informative and percise...communication was great during the whole process...Human Resources was great to work with and they were very knowledgeable and provided exceptional guidance during the interview process...The one on one interview was very comfortable

Associate RF Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburg, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Shentel (Edinburg, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

Standard phone interview, lasted around 1 hour w/ RF Manager. Face to face interviews: one w/ Director, one w/RF Manager for Etters RF team, one w/current RF Engineer. Being a new graduate, was not a very technical interview. Had a lot of behavioral questions, very standard. The whole process was great and they made you feel very comfortable. The interview took place at the headquarters in Edinburg, PA and the job was located at Etters, PA.

Interview Questions

• Greatest Weakness, Strength. Standard interview questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not try and negotiate, gave a reasonable starting salary for Entry Level Engineer.

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lynchburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Shentel (Lynchburg, VA) in January 2011.

Interview

phone interview, then face to face onsite interview. Make sure that you have prepared well as they test your knowledge about the company and see how passionate you are. Why did you leave your last job. Scenario testing is important as they ask what you would do in certain situations. Dress neat and to impress since you have others also looking for the same job. The rest should be easy.

Interview Questions

• Really general, know some A+, Networking terms, Basic router, modem and voip info. Good customer service skills.   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburg, VA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shentel (Edinburg, VA) in May 2011.

Interview

Interviewed with one staff member, one director, and head of HR. Seemed very focused on the soft skills. No difficult technical questions. Asked if I could communicate effectively with people at all levels of the organization. HR interview was more traditional. Asked about the time when I achieved my greatest accomplishment. Asked me to talk about a difficult situation I had while working with a team. Nobody asked the what is your weakness question. Very down to earth people but difficult to gauge what exactly they are looking for. In and out in 2 hours.

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Shentel (Harrisburg, PA) in February 2013.

Interview

Sales manager was well prepared. Except for others brought in from Virginia to also interview me. They seemed ill prepared, and just going through the motions. Asked me the same questions as the others did before them. Not very efficient.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shentel.

Interview

Had interview over phone, later face to face with manager. Was called days later with offer. Overall this took roughly about four to five weeks from start to finish. This was a smooth process.

Interview Questions

• There were several stars questions such as tell me what you would do in a given situation? How well do you work under deadlines. How do you manage projects and what software do yo use.   Answer Question

CSR Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Shentel.

Interview

Had phone interview and regular interview a few questions. They were very nice and mostly conversed about family and opportunities. After that I waited about a week and the supervisor called me back to make an offer. I started 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• How can the company benefit from hiring you?   1 Answer

Support Center Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waynesboro, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Shentel (Waynesboro, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

Hiring timeline was slow from application to start date. Even after being hired, start date was over 2 weeks out. There were two interviews, the second one with upper management.