ShiftWise Interview Questions

Updated Jan 24, 2020

To filter interviews, or .
Found 8 of over 8 interviews

3.3
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at ShiftWise

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ShiftWise (Portland, OR) in Jan 2020

Interview

After the usual phone screens from a recruiter and the hiring manager, I visited in-person for a series of 30-45 minute conversations with people who would be my teammates and internal customers. It was a mix of structured questions and open conversation. Everyone was polite, professional, and passionate about the company's heath care mission.

Interview Questions
  • Q: Have you ever been asked to do something that violated your ethics? How did you respond?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at ShiftWise (Portland, OR) in Jun 2018

Interview

I applied with cover letter and resume, then went through a screening interview. It was a stress test interview, absolutely horrible because the recruiter from CA was trying to find faults for no good reason. Then I interviewed with the hiring manager, wonderful, great interview. Then they failed to get back to me at all for a month. I had to follow up with recruiter. I had a contact there, so was updated through that person. I do not recommend applying at this company. They did not treat me with the respect they should have, and it was shocking because Portland is a small town, people run into each other, do referrals, and talk about bad experiences. Hiring managers should be aware as well as recruiters and always treat candidates well no matter what because it is a long term game here.

Interview Questions
  • So you know so and so here?
  • You lack experience in X (a couple of questions like this)
  • College degree?
Talk anonymously with Healthcare professionals

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ShiftWise (New York, NY) in May 2017

Interview

Applied on LinkedIn and heard back about a couple days later. Completed a quick phone screen. A phone interview with the Hiring Manager was scheduled next. This interview lasted over an hour. Was set up for another phone interview with her colleague that lasted another hour. The last step was an interview with two Directors. This interview also lasted an hour. Overall the interview felt like an interrogation about my work history. Should have focused more on what I can do, not my past decisions in regards to industries and length of employment. Very negative interview. After all these interviews, I received a very generic email letting me know I was not chosen. What a waste of time.

Interview Questions
  • What are your plans within the first couple months of taking this role?
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at ShiftWise (Portland, OR) in Nov 2016

Interview

1st interview was with their National Recruiter that initially contacted me about the job. It was a pretty standard interview just confirming that the role was what I was looking for and answered general questions. 2nd interview was with National Implementation Manager who I would be reporting to and it lasted about 50 minutes. It was a really open and informative conversation. I enjoyed speaking with her and getting to know a bit about the company. 3rd interview was with two members of the implementation team. This interview was a lot less formal than the first 2 interviews and the people didn't seem very prepared. I've been in a number of group interviews as an interviewer and interviewee and most of group interviews tend to be less formal so this was not totally out of the ordinary. Overall, everyone I met seemed nice and fun to work with. I ended up being a finalist but was not offered the job due to lack of experience. I was actually surprised when their recruiter initially contacted me since I had about half of the desired experience for this position. All in all, I had a positive experience during the interview process and think Shiftwise would be a great place to work. My only piece of advice would be to streamline the interview process. The phone, 1 on 1, and group interviews all took place within 2 weeks but I had to wait an additional 4-5 weeks to hear about whether I got the job or not. It was fine for me since I was employed, wasn't interviewing anywhere else at the time, and wasn't in a hurry to leave my job. However, it definitely seemed like the process was unnecessarily long especially since I was one of the last candidates to have a 1 on 1 interview. If I was actively searching for a new job I am confident I would have found one before ever hearing back from Shiftwise with their decision

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ShiftWise (Portland, OR) in Nov 2015

Interview

Contacted by outside recruiter. Interview process consisted of 1. Tech phone screen with the engineering manager 2. Coding exercise, implement a simple program with some functionality and write tests for it. 3. Come into office (2 weeks later) for 3hr interview, where first, your coding exercise program is reviewed with the engineering manager and another engineer, then as a test you will fix any flaws/bugs in your program. The next two sessions I had were with an engineer and a test engineer, then with an engineer and product owner. These sessions were questions about my work experiences and the standard behavior questions. The last two sessions was rather lackluster, seems like the people were just winging it with the questions and wasn't really prepared. Some came in with the default sheet of standard interview questions and ran out after a few minutes, most of the time I was the one who was asking them about their process, culture and environment... In any case it seemed like a pretty good company with an interesting technology stack to work with. I thought it went fairly well but I didn't get an offer with the feedback of not being clear enough on why I wanted to work there. Which sounds like a standard line for "you're probably not a good fit here". It happens... cheers!

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

ShiftWise

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ShiftWise

Interview

They have a 3 step process. Step 1: phone interview, step 2: 72 hour programming challenge, step 3 in-person interview. I did a 45 minute phone interview with them. Which I felt pretty good about the interview, I thought I answered all the questions well pretty well. The questions were all about Javascript and C#. However, they made their decision not to allow me to proceed further than the phone interview because of just one question. When they asked me to rate my AngularJS skill level from a range of 1-5, I said 3 but said I didn't have much experience other than training courses and personal projects. They decided not to ask me any AngularJS questions. They didn't give me the chance to prove my skill. They made this decision not on my technical proficiency but on my ability to evaluate my skill level using their arbitrary rating system. I was really looking forward to the programming challenge too.

Interview Questions
  • On a scale of 1-5 rate your skill in (C#, JavaScript, AngularJS).

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ShiftWise (Portland, OR) in Jan 2015

Interview

Phone interview was a standard affair. There were no trick questions. A code sample is mandatory to get hired. The problem is not hard to solve. The way you approach the problem counts for a lot overall. Being able to represent a mature approach to problem solving is key. Several questions around your solution will be asked. Be prepared to compare different technologies and give your opinion on their merits.

Interview Questions
  • Think of a time you had someone change code you wrote, for the worse. How did you react?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ShiftWise (Portland, OR) in Jun 2013

Interview

I had 2 phone interviews and one Skype interview, the first was purely technical (with a bunch of people there), did very well. the second (Skype) was with 2 development teams, it was a bit technical and mostly behavioral...apparently they couldn't make up their mind so I was scheduled for one last (behavioral interview).. which didn't go well.. if you will read the reviews about this company you will get to know that they don't have HR team (HR should be the ones conducting behavioral interviews)..so what am saying is; the behavioral answers that HR person want to hear are different than the answer a tech lead want to hear...an HR person will be most concerned with the benefits of the company, a tech lead will be interested with your politics skills, do you fit with the team? do you cover up for the team even if its not in the best interest of the company...do you discuss things with your lead, or blindly do the assigned tasks... the interview questions wasn't difficult, the technical interview was very nice, broad and covered many details, it gave me a very good impression about the company. the behavioral questions were standurd behavioral questions

Interview Questions
  • tell me about a time you had a conflict with a supervisor\manager
  • tell me about a time you had to push\sell your idea , and how did your colleagues handle that
RSS Feed</>Embed