Shirley Ryan AbilityLab Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Shirley Ryan AbilityLab Interview Questions

Interviews at Shirley Ryan AbilityLab

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shirley Ryan AbilityLab (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied to the position on indeed, and quickly within two days they responded to me. The recruiter called me and did a light interview and asked me to come in for a face to face. I met with her and took a tour and then met with the manager. The next day they called me back with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Name one situation where you could’ve put a patient in harms way had you not corrected the mistake?   Answer Question
    • How do you deal with difficult patients/family members?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Shirley Ryan AbilityLab (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Was interviewed and it went pretty well. The Unit Manager was very easy going and made me feel very comfortable. Jose the Human Resources manager. Was leery about hiring people " with too much experience" he stated that he would rather hire some who had less experience rather than a "old dog who you can't teach new tricks"

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you resolved a conflict at work, without notifying the Charge Nurse.   Answer Question
    • What would you do if a patient refused to be turned?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shirley Ryan AbilityLab (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online and after a few days got a call from one of the nurse recruiters. She asked me a few questions on the phone and told me she'd set up an interview to meet. I then got an email with the details for the interview. Interview was simple - asked about previous healthcare experience and about times where I handled a problematic situation etc. after we finished I was then taken down to meet the nurse manager and had an interview with her. Talked about why I picked the specific floor I had applied for and more basic interview questions about how I work in a team etc. Got a call later that day and got the job!

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to deal with a stressful situation and what did you do?   Answer Question

Physical Therapist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shirley Ryan AbilityLab.

Interview

This was just a phone interview during which we discussed my background and what opportunities might be a good fit. About a week later they emailed to say that they do not currently have an opening matching my skills and experience, but they considered my background to be good for RIC and they encouraged me to continue to apply if I saw other openings that interested me.

Physical Therapist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Shirley Ryan AbilityLab.

Interview

Straight forward, informal phone interview, formal in person interview, followed by meeting with team for additional interview. Everyone was nice and welcoming, made me feel comfortable. Some challenging questions but mostly typical interview questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Shirley Ryan AbilityLab (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by recruiter for short, general phone interview. The recruiter then sent my resume to the specific department and contacted me a few weeks later to set up an in-person interview. Interview format was three part: first with clinic manager, then a peer interview followed by an observation portion

Physical Therapist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shirley Ryan AbilityLab in April 2017.

Interview

Completed phone interview with HR recruiter. Very friendly and straightforward. I completed an application and heard from the recruiter a couple of weeks after that. We scheduled a phone interview. The phone interview was very comfortable and helpful. She answered any questions I had and described the available positions clearly.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Shirley Ryan AbilityLab (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and then brought in for a formal interview with my future manager. The in person interview took approximately one hour and then I was given a tour of the facility. I was also able to shadow with another clinician already employed by RIC. She was available to answer any questions and that was a good resource.

Interview Questions

• Past job experience. Goals.   1 Answer

Staff Physical Therapist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Shirley Ryan AbilityLab (Chicago, IL) in July 2014.

Interview

Had a brief over the phone interview with HR, with an option to skype because I was out of town. Flew in for an interview follow-up with the lady at HR, as well as the manager of the department that I was applying for.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working at RIC?
      What skills/experiences are you able to bring to the table?
      How much in compensation were you looking to receive?   Answer Question

Occupational Therapist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Shirley Ryan AbilityLab (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Started with HR phone screening interview. Setup phone interview with Rehab Manager 5 days later. 30 minute phone interview with Rehab Manager which led to in-person interview at day rehab center. Spent two hours at day rehab center speaking with rehab manager, touring facility, half an hour with occupational therapy team in an informal panel interview, followed by an hour of observation in the therapy gym. Received a call regarding an offer for the position a week and a half after in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with non-compliant or unmotivated clients?   Answer Question