Shoe Carnival Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Shoe Carnival

2.0

Construction Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Evansville, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Shoe Carnival (Evansville, IN).

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter, then fly in to meet with Director of store planning. Final interview with VP of operations. Interview questions basic and about previous experience. Multiple visits. Did cover interview cost which I thought was tacky.

Interview Questions

• What type of construction did you do at your previous employer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Shoe Carnival (Tuscaloosa, AL).

Interview

Very friendly, but very long. I had two separate interviews, where they asked me pretty much the exact same things. Both interviewers were very friendly and I would have loved to work with the company. The company seemed to want to hire someone that would be close by, and able to show up quickly if needed.

Any Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Shoe Carnival (Chicago, IL) in October 2009.

Interview

They said they would call me back but they didn't. I guess they found someone better

Anonymous Employee in Brooksville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Shoe Carnival (Brooksville, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

I had two interviews. Both were short. But I feel like everything was still covered that had to be. I was called and hired quickly as well. This is my first retail job so over anything I'm glad they gave me the chance to get the experience.

Interview Questions

• Why did i want to work at shoe carnival.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shoe Carnival (Lansing, MI) in August 2018.

Interview

I applied a week ago and got a call a few days ago to come in for an interview. We went into the back room and she asked me basic questions. I had to get a work permit and then I was hired on spot.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shoe Carnival.

Interview

The interview was pretty basic. They review your work experience. Asked questions and then they asked about your biggest pet peeve. They also were a new company opening at a new location so they hired about 30 people

Anonymous Employee in Cheyenne, WY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Shoe Carnival (Cheyenne, WY) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview was very laid back. They made me comfortable be there and like I wasn't an inconvenience to their day. I originally applied for the cashier position at our location but was offered the Cash Lead spot during our interview. Management here seems like they are very grateful for the employees they have and those that will potentially join their team.

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Shoe Carnival (Naperville, IL) in April 2014.

Interview

I had only one interview. The second interview was if they still aren't too sure about hiring that person. The questions were pretty standard. It only took me awhile to set up an interview because the general manager was always out on vacation.

Anonymous Employee in Texarkana, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shoe Carnival (Texarkana, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

The floor supervisor sat me down and ask me a lot of well thought out questions. She asked me what I wanted to gain from working there and things like that. The interview lasted at least 45 minutes. After I finished the interview she said she was pleased with the interview and would call me back for a second one.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Shoe Carnival (San Antonio, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

Really laid back environment, easy to get comfortable and really be yourself. Not a group interview but there were other applicants there.The interview took less than 30 minutes and the hiring process took less than a week.