Shoprite Supermarkets Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 30, 2017

1.6

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Shoprite Supermarkets (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2017.

Interview

A few other people and I were called into an interview room and the hiring process began. We were told about a computer training process and register training. After we were told that we must check the bottom of carts and other various ways to keep our jobs. We were not expected to be perfect immediately and it was an extremely friendly environment.

Interview Questions

• Can you work late nights?   1 Answer
    • Are you sure you have the schedule flexibility for this job?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Shoprite Supermarkets in October 2017.

Interview

Quick. Felt hired before I showed up as long as I would work nights. Very personal HR person. No mention of how heavy the work is. 30bottles of soda is heavy

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Shoprite Supermarkets.

Interview

Drug test required, usually a mouth swab. There is a questionnaire that needs to be taken and everything else is simple. The process was not longer than a day. I got a call in a couple of days to see what my availability was.

Interview Questions

• What are your best qualities that could be most beneficial to this company?   Answer Question

Deli Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shoprite Supermarkets.

Interview

I got a call asking me about myself and what I wanted to do. I explained I was in college and could only work for the summer. I also explained how I had full time availability even though it is a part time job. It was easy

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shoprite Supermarkets (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

I was called in 2 weeks after submitting my online application. The manager asked if I could come in later that day or sometime later that week. I went in the day I got called and did the interview. After I was finished, I was offered the job on the spot for part time cashier.

Cashier/Bagger Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Shoprite Supermarkets (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview was very easy and layed back it was like having a normal conversation also the interview was at least 5 minutes she only asked me three questions

Deli Interview

Interview

A few questions over phone. In store interview was barely 10 minutes. Guy didn't ask any interview questions or even seem to care in the slightest anything about me. Just listed off open spots and union facts and said pick a position. Gave off the air that he had lots of employees coming and going there. Other similar positions at least pretended to be interested in you. Felt like that experience didn't bode well for how the job would be.

Interview Questions

• Can you lift things and handle pressure? And availability. That was seriously it   Answer Question

Personal Shopper Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shoprite Supermarkets.

Interview

Walked in, sat for a little while, and then was brought into the office. Basically was already talked to as if I had the job. Wasn't really given an option based off of the different positions I applied to because they needed certain people already so I just got that job. Then was just told about how things would go from there.

Anonymous Employee in Plainview, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Shoprite Supermarkets (Plainview, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied through an employee referral and got an interview the next day. They asked me a couple questions and offered me the job on the spot. Went back a week later to complete paperwork.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shoprite Supermarkets (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2017.

Interview

They called me back a day after I put in the application online I was scheduled for a interview the next. I was called back in two week saying that I got the job.