Shoprite Supermarkets Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Shoprite Supermarkets Interview Questions

Interviews at Shoprite Supermarkets

1.6

Anonymous Employee in Glenolden, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shoprite Supermarkets (Glenolden, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

I love the interview.The Managers were very polite,and ran down every rule and instruction. About 3 days later I got hired. They were detail-oriented, kept eye contact, very fast and organized.

Interview Questions

• What do I do different from everyone else that makes me stand out?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Passaic, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Shoprite Supermarkets (Passaic, NJ) in May 2012.

Interview

Got a call back, came in and filled out paperwork, then was told to come in a few days later to start training. Simple process and didn't take long at all to start working.

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Shoprite Supermarkets (Bristol, CT) in June 2015.

Interview

I was called within days of submitting the online application but 2 additional in person interviews seemed excessive for a job bagging groceries. I was asked the same basic questions every time, had to do an online questionnaire, and speak to multiple managers. From start to finish (including 3 days of training spread out over 2 weeks) it took a month to begin working when it was just a summer job...very frustrating. I had to bag for over a month before I could even begin cash register training and left for school before it was finished.

Interview Questions

• All of the basic interview questions..asked about past work experience, strengths and weaknesses, customer service   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shoprite Supermarkets (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2015.

Interview

Met with the HR lead. Answered a few questions on the computer then had a face to face interview. I was asked basic questions. The only problem was I applied for grocery clerk but was told that all applicants start off as cashier them are moved around to departments based on that departments needs. Overall, easy interview pay Is low and all applicants are part time. But seems like a lot of opportunity to grow within the company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pay started off 7.75 but based on prior experience I was offered 8.50.

Anonymous Employee in Hamilton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shoprite Supermarkets (Hamilton, NJ) in October 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with Joe, who moved to the Freehold Shoprite. He was a great interviewer. He hired me on the spot and told me to come that Saturday for a group interview.

Interview Questions

• He didn't really ask that many questions except how flexible I was and if I was available immediately.   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hauppauge, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Shoprite Supermarkets (Hauppauge, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the Hiring Manager for this particular Shop Rite owner. It lasted appx 20 minutes. She asked me various questions about my previous job - responsibilities, availability, experience. At the end of the interview the Hiring Manager told me that she would speak to the owners and get back to me if they chose to continue the interview process. They called again appx 2 weeks later, but at that time I was no longer interested in the position, and declined the offer.

Interview Questions

• Why was I leaving my previous company?   1 Answer

Stock Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plainview, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Shoprite Supermarkets (Plainview, NY) in November 2011.

Interview

Easy Interview, Talk About Yourself, Work Experience, Etc.
    They ask how you would handle a dissatisfied customer,
    in different scenarios. Good first job, to build your resume,
    wouldn't make a career out of it. Too much favoritism in the
    company its all Politics. It's some peoples first job get your
    head out of your stuck up butts, should reward based on
    work performance not favoritism. Just more B.s Politics!!!!!

Anonymous Employee in Chester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shoprite Supermarkets (Chester, NY) in May 2009.

Interview

Applied on line on Shoprite.com. The application is quite long and is a series of questions to gauge whether you have appropriate morals and team work abilities. It is also very repetitive. Once that was filled out, I got a call about three days later to schedule an interview for the following week. The interview was simple, and mostly just asked about any previous work and school experience. They did not go to in depth with any questions that made me think or anything. They let me know right at the interview that I would be hired and wanted me to do a drug test and schedule training. The training took about three or four four hour shifts where I had to watch a lot of videos and answer some questions on the computer. Following the computer training I was moved to start working with a cashier until I was ready to work on my own.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself I five years.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none. It was a minimum wage job.

Anonymous Employee in East Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Shoprite Supermarkets (East Brunswick, NJ) in April 2013.

Interview

The interview process is basic and simple. They ask you simple questions such as... why you left your previous employer, and why you are interested in working at shop rite. If they are interested, they will give you a second interview. They say that they will call you within 2 weeks. If they don't call back within 2 weeks, give them a call. Sometimes they prefer if you call them first.

Negotiation

After I was offered the job, I was included in a job orientation with 10 other people.

Anonymous Employee in Manasquan, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shoprite Supermarkets (Manasquan, NJ).

Interview

The process takes only a day. It's very very easy to get hired. If they hire people that are known drug dealers, and active users after many people warning HR about it. They will hire anyone and then eat surprised when work doesn't get done by them because of their drug use.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself. Why should we hire you   Answer Question