Shoprite Supermarkets Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Shoprite Supermarkets Interview Questions

Updated Apr 17, 2017

1.7

Frozen Food Associate Interview

Interview

Met a HR representative and sat down for the interview, answered questions and met a current worker. Afterwards was asked to come back in to fill out some paper work.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Shoprite Supermarkets.

Interview

Face to face interview. Was asked basic questions, why do you think your a good fit, etc. Was given a very elementary school math test for the cashier postion at the end of the interview. was followed by signing papers the next day

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Staten Island, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shoprite Supermarkets (Staten Island, NY).

Interview

I applied online and got called a week later I got pass the first interview then I went to go get a drug test she told me that if she calls me back that means I passed and I get the job but if the drug company calls me that means I failed. No one called me back so I'm confused and I didn't get an offer I guess.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Shoprite Supermarkets (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied around January of 2017, they called me three days later and said to come in for an interview. When I went in, come to find out that it wasn't an interview at all, but it was an orientation because I had already got the job before I was even interviewed by anyone

Anonymous Employee in Galloway, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Shoprite Supermarkets (Galloway, NJ) in February 2017.

Interview

I was brought into a room with 3 people two of them were on the phone (Not apart of my interview). When filling out paperwork I was sat in the employee break room (which is small) and heard from nearly every employee in there how bad of a place that it was to work for.

General Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wall, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Shoprite Supermarkets (Wall, NJ).

Interview

Applied for a part time position. Was talked down to for the entire interview. The most unprofessional interview I have ever been on. A waste of my time as well as the interviewers. I hope this is not a reflection on the company.

Cashier Interview

Interview

short, quick and to the point. You were asked a few question from a list of questions that seemed like script. take a drug test and thats it. Although now they no longer do the drug test

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shoprite Supermarkets (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied for a cashier position in the beginning of September, then I got a phone that same day I applied from HR asking to schedule an interview for the next day. It was a very simple interview, the jnterviewer was very cool and made me feel comfortable. Interview only took about 4-5 minutes; typical questions were asked. They mostly asked about my availability. Then I took a drug test and HR told me they would give me a call once the results came back. Got a call four days later; went in, filled out some extra paperwork. I start next week!

Shop From Home Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phillipsburg, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Shoprite Supermarkets (Phillipsburg, NJ) in October 2016.

Interview

Fairly simple, took about 45 minutes total. Asked what positions I was interested in, didn't have any openings so told me about what they did have. Went through a packet of about 15 questions, all of which were fairly simple and mostly personal.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any previous work experience?

What activities are you involved in in school?

What are 3 things you like about your favorite stores?

Tell me about a time someone asked you to do something unethical.

Tell me about a time where someone asked you to do something you didn't feel like doing.

What are your plans for the future?
      Answer Question

Bakery Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shoprite Supermarkets.

Interview

Personality, work ethic, knowledge of proper food saftey practices. Remember that the customer is always first and your job is to create a good shopping experience. Very comfortable interview. Casual but dress professional.

Interview Questions

• If I had called your former employers what would they say about you?   Answer Question