ShoreTel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ShoreTel Interview Questions

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ShoreTel (Austin, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

On campus interview included basic interview questions: post/pre order traversal, strings in java and c, what was a jk flipflop, They asked alot of behavioral questions

I got called in for an onsight interview, it was a round of behavioral interviews followed by a round of technical interviews: what is the difference between TCP and UDP... alot of network protocols

Interview Questions

• why are packets sent using TCP rather than UDP?   1 Answer

Got a better offer

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ShoreTel (Rochester, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Got contacted by HR person through email - asked typical questions such as if I'm legally allowed to work in the US and why I wanted to work at the company. Then got contacted by a manager (phone call interview). Got asked basic behavioral questions and some basic Java/ SQL questions. Pretty simple and straightforward.

Interview Questions

• What do you see yourself doing in 5 years?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when someone didn't do their part on a group project   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your experience at a previous workplace   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at ShoreTel in April 2014.

Interview

1) Written round (aptitude, C/C++ programming, datastructures,algorithms
    2) 2 f-f interviews (C/C++, datastructures, Networking, DSP)
    The interview was good.
    The interviewer was a Technical Lead.
    Second round was taken by the India Head.
    Prepare well on datastructures and aptitude and you will clear it.

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ShoreTel (Anaheim, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

two people took my interview. It went along around 1 hour and 20 minutes. They asked about everything from my resume, and data structures and algorithm questions. They wont ask you anything else but your resume. So do it

Interview Questions

• There was a ladder and snake game question where you have to define what data structures would you use.   Answer Question

Senior Technical Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ShoreTel (Sunnyvale, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by a headhunter initially for the role, and had a couple of phone calls to gauge my background and technical skills. Afterwards, a combination of panel interviews and one-on-one interviews were schedule after the initial phone screen with a recruiter. The panel interviewers were made up with people from the functional (colleague) team I would be working in, functional managers, all the way to senior executives. The entire process took several weeks in total with each interview "session" taking nearly the entire day when you consider transport and waiting time. It was pretty thorough, but everyone was professional and courteous.

Interview Questions

• The individual interviewers were more of technical screens, asking situational/troubleshooting questions such as how you would identify an issue on a complex network. Some of the interview questions were the more typical behavioral questions such as how you would handle a difficult situation with a customer. All in all, pretty standard stuff if you know the domain and have experience.   Answer Question

Senior Technical Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ShoreTel.

Interview

Phone and 5 rounds of face-face and followed by hiring manager. This company is totally unprofessional in hiring and communicating with candidates. They open up a role for sometime and keep it on hold for sometime and re-open again. So, for candidates there is no assurance that job is really open.

Senior Systems Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ShoreTel (Sunnyvale, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Terrible approach for interviews.

1. Phone Screen
    2. Job application (6 Pages of information, including Salary information)
    3. Phone interview
    4. Onsite interview with 4 rounds ( bring filled application )
    5. They'll look over the application, skipping to page 2 where all the salary and references were.

For a company way below its competitors, Cisco, Polycom and Avaya, they're very demanding and rather disrespectful in terms of privacy. Do not venture here if you value your personal information. I regret interviewing here as it was a total waste of time. High turn over rate due to poor management from the questions I asked them.

During the interview process, they pressure you into answering your salary requirements so they can weed you out. The interview itself was very easy, their main objective was to find out your requirements so they can go with lowest.

Interview Questions

• How to find an IP address.
      What to do if a system doesn't boot up.
      List ways to remove a virus threat.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ShoreTel (Sunnyvale, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

The first step was a phone interview with HR recruiter. The second step was to interview with the hiring manager on the phone. Then I was flow in for interviews where I met with seven people who I would interact with if I was hired.

Interview Questions

• There were two that were difficult but good ways for me to demonstrate I knew how to do my job. They were role play questions on how to handle problems that had come up before.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at ShoreTel (Austin, TX) in July 2011.

Interview

First they did a phone interview. Normal C and C++. Not much depth.
    They flew me to Austin.
    First round, manager its like a informal talk.
    Second round, they gave a problem, and ask me to design a OO solution, I did.
    Third round strange, that person was completely listening to what I say.
    Fourth round, he asked a C++ project from your resume and demonstrate.
    Here in 4th round made a mistake, taking half C half c++ project. So lost it even though I performed well in first 3.

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ShoreTel (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Phone screen with hiring manager, followed by a face to face with 4 people. Standard interview questions.
    1. They did a background check on me and contacted my references after the final interview.
    2. After final meeting didn't get any feedback for about a week. Contacted recruiter several times until I finally got a call back. HR recruiter made half-assed verbal offer significantly below the salary range that he quoted me at the beginning of the process.
    3. I countered slightly above what they offered and we discussed several options. I asked him to let me know in the next couple of days. He confirmed that he would.
    4. Never heard back from him again. Neither HR rep nor the hiring manager responded to email or voice mail asking about status. The whole experience was frustrating and underwhelming.

If the poor hiring practices and laziness/ incompetence of the HR is any indication of the company culture... stay far, far away.