ShoreTel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ShoreTel Interview Questions

2.9

Adavance Customer Care Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ShoreTel (Rochester, NY).

Interview

Interviewing was quite easy, even without voip experience I was able to pass interview. Call center experience is a plus. Confidence is key and being yourself. Very lauded back interview process.

IOS Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ShoreTel in January 2017.

Interview

Unethical and lousy process. No commitment and disrespectful. It was brief interview process twice over phone. First with Recruiting manager, another for Technical expertise. Asked me pretty simple questions on AutoLayout, CocoaPods and so on and after that I have to share my coding knowledge on codeshare in Agile environment. Everything went good, during coding challenge, I even cracked up formula and made them understand what I am trying to do. He was pleased and told me about their team of 7 members and how they work in agile environment and even appreciated me. I have been told not to write code as they are running out of time, so I just wrote main function. But suddenly when I asked questions they stop answering them and started showing no interest in talking to me and few of the questions went unanswered.
    I was very hopeful that this might be it.
    But still got rejected.

Interview Questions

• Basic Swift, CocoaPods, AutoLayout, Debug file and CoreData questions.   Answer Question

Senior Technical Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ShoreTel.

Interview

Phone and 5 rounds of face-face and followed by hiring manager. This company is totally unprofessional in hiring and communicating with candidates. They open up a role for sometime and keep it on hold for sometime and re-open again. So, for candidates there is no assurance that job is really open.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ShoreTel (Austin, TX).

Interview

I had four interview back to back. Two nontechnical and two that were technical. One of the interviews was on the phone in the office while the other 3 were face to face.

Interview Questions

• There were question ranging from general computer network question two in-depth question cover IP phones, The,re were questions about DHCP, Active Diretory,SIP protocol, TI and E1 phone lines, PRI, QSIG, and analog trunking. There were also question covering the the OSI Layers and what devices are at each layer.   Answer Question

Software Engineer (Front-end) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ShoreTel (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied on linkedin, got a chance to talk to the hiring manager over the phone. No technical questions but we mostly talked about my background, skills and technical stack I work with in my current company. He felt like it might be a good fit and so I got called for an onsite interview. About a month later, I went to their Sunnyvale office and met the team (three 45 minute interviews). Nobody asked for any brain teasers or specific front end related technical questions. This might be because this is the first front end position on the team. They were all conversations based on my background and what the role is about. About 2 weeks after the onsite interview, I finally got contacted by the recruiter that everyone enjoyed speaking with me and that they'd like to move forward with an offer. After that, I don't know what happened, about a week later, the recruited told me that "unfortunately the position has been put on hold" due to some problems.
    Overall process took over 2 months (march to may) . No joke. They are extremely slow in making decisions. It was frustrating and I almost gave up.
    I was sad but oh well. It wasn't in my destiny.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. What are the different technologies you work with etc   Answer Question
    • Can you present us the front end architecture of the application you're working on? What web server are you using? How's the backend like?   Answer Question
    • in Angular, what's the difference between $rootScrope and $scope? Have you written any custom directives and services in angular?   Answer Question
    • Are you planning to upgrade to angular 2 soon? or maybe explore react js? What's your take on some other frameworks and how are they different from angular 1.x?   Answer Question
    • How do you make sure you can reduce network calls as much as possible and overall enhance the performance of your app?   2 Answers

Legal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ShoreTel (San Diego, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Recruiter was very pleasant and asked relevant questions; kept me in the loop thoughout the process. You could see the questions were well thought out. It took about a week in between interviews for the next level of interviews. The hiring manager started out asking questions about the structure of my current employer; didn't quite see the relevance. He was interested in how many employees,etc.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the most negotiated terms you've had to negotiate? Why are you leaving current employer? What are some of the things you least enjoy at current employer   1 Answer

Legal Position Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ShoreTel in February 2016.

Interview

On-line application. HR interview went well via phone in late February of 2016. HR indicated I was very qualified and one of the few candidates they could find with the right experience they were looking for. I quickly moved to a phone interview with the General Counsel. It went very well and I was told they were going to move on this job in a few weeks. They were urgent for someone. Lots of weeks later... probably 4 I did 3 separate phone interviews with other lawyers in the company. All three went great. I was told it was between me and another person and they would move the next week with an offer. I then followed up with them, and was told they wanted another video-phone interview with the General Counsel. That it was between myself and another person. The bad part was they wanted to wait another 2 weeks to do the last interview and I had other offers I had to move on. Sounded like an exact match but company obviously has problems making up their minds which is probably not a good sign.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions about experience and daily situations.   Answer Question

Senior Systems Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ShoreTel (Sunnyvale, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Terrible approach for interviews.

1. Phone Screen
    2. Job application (6 Pages of information, including Salary information)
    3. Phone interview
    4. Onsite interview with 4 rounds ( bring filled application )
    5. They'll look over the application, skipping to page 2 where all the salary and references were.

For a company way below its competitors, Cisco, Polycom and Avaya, they're very demanding and rather disrespectful in terms of privacy. Do not venture here if you value your personal information. I regret interviewing here as it was a total waste of time. High turn over rate due to poor management from the questions I asked them.

During the interview process, they pressure you into answering your salary requirements so they can weed you out. The interview itself was very easy, their main objective was to find out your requirements so they can go with lowest.

Interview Questions

• How to find an IP address.
      What to do if a system doesn't boot up.
      List ways to remove a virus threat.   Answer Question

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ShoreTel (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Phone screen with hiring manager, followed by a face to face with 4 people. Standard interview questions.
    1. They did a background check on me and contacted my references after the final interview.
    2. After final meeting didn't get any feedback for about a week. Contacted recruiter several times until I finally got a call back. HR recruiter made half-assed verbal offer significantly below the salary range that he quoted me at the beginning of the process.
    3. I countered slightly above what they offered and we discussed several options. I asked him to let me know in the next couple of days. He confirmed that he would.
    4. Never heard back from him again. Neither HR rep nor the hiring manager responded to email or voice mail asking about status. The whole experience was frustrating and underwhelming.

If the poor hiring practices and laziness/ incompetence of the HR is any indication of the company culture... stay far, far away.

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ShoreTel (Anaheim, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

two people took my interview. It went along around 1 hour and 20 minutes. They asked about everything from my resume, and data structures and algorithm questions. They wont ask you anything else but your resume. So do it

Interview Questions

• There was a ladder and snake game question where you have to define what data structures would you use.   Answer Question