Shyp Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Shyp Interview Questions

Interviews at Shyp

Operations Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Shyp.

Interview

15-20 minute phone screen. Asked about previous work experience and projects. Asked what lessons or take-always you had from your experiences.

The individual on the phone was polite, courteous and informative and did an awesome job explaining the role. Best of luck to the company.

Interview Questions

• Was asked question I was not expecting (I was expecting only behavioral questions): How would you handle or deal with the increase in volume for holiday seasons of November and December? (Using Shyp's services).   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Shyp (Miami, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

The process was long and overwhelmingly time consuming. After completing several phone interviews, they required submission of document describing the strategy that the applicant would suggest to be successful in the role. At some point during this process, it started to feel more like free consulting for Shyp than an interview for an open position.

Courier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shyp (Brooklyn, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Went through a phone interview and then was called in for orientation the next week. The orientation lasted about an hour. The courier manager explained the job, gave out iPhones and then had us go on a ride along with a current employee for that day.

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Shyp.

Interview

There was one meeting with a few people, and then I did not get the job because I did not have experience. I was full of energy and passion but lacked an engineering background and any experience which is necessary at a young and fast growing company.

Interview Questions

• Do you have an engineering background?   1 Answer

Courier Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shyp in February 2015.

Interview

There was an initial phone interview, then a follow up phone interview, then an in-person interview. I interviewed with three people in total, with ranges of job titles and experience levels. The interviewers were engaged and engaging, but it was a relatively informal process.

Interview Questions

• How I would go about handling a situation with an under-performing team member.   Answer Question

Back-end API Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Shyp (San Francisco, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Had a phone screen, followed by a phone interview with a Senior Engineer, followed by an on-site interview with the entire platform team. From here, I was told that next steps were a) another on-site, b) an offer or c) a rejection depending on what the team who interviewed me had to say.

Interview Questions

• How would you build a notification system designed to notify users of new features in a one time modal on an iOS application? (asked from the platform/API pov)   Answer Question