Sierra Circuits Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 20, 2017

2.0

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sierra Circuits (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

When I first arrived, they were pressuring another interviewee to quit their other job right away to join right now. The interviewee was insisting that he wants and needs to provide a 2 weeks. That set the tone right away. You are given a simple math worksheet as part of the interview process. No real technical questions, they just explain to you what the jist is. I was a little worried that they asked "Are you smart?"

Got a tour of the place, major fumes and no enforcement of PPE.

Process Engineer told me that he's extremely sick and wasn't allowed to take a sick day due to continuous problems arising.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sierra Circuits (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

I waited over an hour for the VP to show up to interview. I should have walked out and never looked back then. During the interview, the VP was constantly checking his phone and giggling to himself. When asked about how my commission structure would be handled he said he did not know. It wasn't until HR called me to make a job offer was it explained to me, and even that turned out to be completely false. Overall, the most unprofessional interview I have ever been a part of.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I interviewed at Sierra Circuits (Sunnyvale, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

If you are living they will hire you, they can't find sales people because of the reputation of the company. I would stay away HR lies because they know that know one wants to work for these horriable owners.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They are cheap

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sierra Circuits (Sunnyvale, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied and interviewed with Sierra under the impression I was interviewing for an Administrative Assistant job. However, it ended up being a different position all together, which was not what I had expected or even wanted to do. After applying, I was given a test that covered math, grammar, and composition. I am not sure what this had to do with anything related to the job, but I complied anyway. After about a week, I heard back for an interview. The interviewer had to rush out of the interview within a couple of minutes of meeting me because of a family vacation he had planned, which was unprofessional to me because this interview had been scheduled days in advance. He passed me off to one of the members of the sales team, who had no idea what he was talking about. The interview was very disorganized and he clearly was out of his element when I was asked if I knew what a cell phone was. Speaking of cell phones, he was consistently looking at his during the interview. I was asked basic things like if I didn't mind speaking on the phone, and they brought up their concern that all my customer service experience was in person vs over phone. It was very difficult to keep track of his train of thought because he seemed to be obsessed with making sure I knew that PCBs were everywhere. Then he asked what I like to do in my free time, and I mentioned I liked music and concerts, he decided to make sure I knew concerts had equipment that use PCBs. Ultimately, they did offer me the job, and because I was desperate to find something, I accepted. I ended up in a glorified customer service position, needing to make cold calls over the phone to old customers who hadn't ordered within the last year, keep tabs on status of all orders placed, run the customer support chat, run the credit card payments, write the standard operating procedure manual for the job I just started, and a host of other things in this position. I was expected to learn all of this in aabout a week to two weeks. In summation, the job was falsely advertised, and HR had no intentions of telling me when I said I was applying for an administrative assistant job that the position was actually a customer service specialist.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what a cell phone is? Do you know it uses PCB?   1 Answer

Production Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sierra Circuits (Sunnyvale, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

I had a phone screen and then was asked to come in for a interview. I talked to the Recruiter then was asked to meet with the hiring manager, The process took about 2 days. I was asked to complete a application and test.

Interview Questions

• I was asked many different interview questions from the recruiter and also the hiring manager. What I really liked that was different from most companies. I was given a tour of my area, this allowed me to see what type of area I was working in.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was given more then what I made, also I was given a opperunity which is the most important factor.

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sierra Circuits.

Interview

First had a phone screening and then invited to the in-person interview. Overall, the questions were easy and the environment was informal. I have a degree in Human Resources so I thought I'd get the job for sure. The pay was low $17 hour but I was desperate. The lady kept telling me "Trust me, you don't want to work here"
    It was bizarre but overall, glad I did not end up there.

Inside Sales Interview

Application

Interview

The HR staff was professional and were welcoming, they offered water and coffee to me which was nice of them. I had to wait to Sales manager for 20 mins because he was running late, that was unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Some questions were easy some were more difficult.

I had to meet with 3 people before getting hired at sierra   1 Answer

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sierra Circuits (Sunnyvale, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Ken was not professional during the interview process. He was on his phone texting the whole time I was interviewing with him and then ask a question and start using the phone again. I am sure that he knew before hand that our interview time was set and i felt that he was not prepared for the interview at all.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sierra Circuits.

Interview

HR neglected to inform me where to go. Had to have an employee use their badge to let me in as well as direct me where to go. Interviewer was rude, was on their phone the entire time texting. Asked a total of 3 questions. Miserable experience. Good practice though and had me realize I wanted nothing to do with the company.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sierra Circuits (Sunnyvale, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

One interview with director sales; basic IQ test.