Sikich Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sikich Interview Questions

Updated May 14, 2018

2.3

Audit Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sikich in October 2013.

Interview

It was a long day that consisted of 10 30 minute interviews. They were broken up with a lunch in between. It was pretty laid back and all interviews were essentially the same. Most questions were behavioral and wanted to hear about previous experiences that relate to the position.

Audit Senior Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sikich in January 2017.

Interview

The interview was very casual and laid back. They are focused on if it will be a good fit or not. Overall it was a very positive experience.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sikich (Springfield, IL) in July 2011.

Interview

The Company pushed the process along quite quickly. Within a couple of weeks of my phone interview I was asked to do an in-person interview. I met with two partners and two seniors.

Interview Questions

• No questions I was asked particularly stand out in my mind.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not negotiable

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Sikich (Naperville, IL) in February 2011.

Interview

Took forever, literally five months to finally get an offer. If you need work now, be careful about them stringing you along for weeks. I interviewed with 5 partners and it was a long 5 hour day. About one hour was allocated to each of them, and they all asked the same questions. By the end I was ready to die.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Ask for a signing bonus, they will give one.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sikich (Akron, OH) in October 2013.

Interview

I attended a career fair at my school and met with employees of Sikich who I talked to about which area of accounting I wanted an internship in. Next I was selected for on campus interviews where I met with their Talent Manager. After this I was invited to their office in Akron to meet with Managers in the Audit department for the last interview. I received an internship offer quickly afterwards. The Manager kept in touch with me throughout the whole process.

Interview Questions

• They were very laid back, it felt more like a discussion than an interview. They just want a feel for your personality in addition to what's on your resume. An example of a question they asked: what are your greatest strengths?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sikich.

Interview

Interviewed with many levels of employees, from Partners to Staff. Casual conversations in a formal setting. One day, with about 8 different 1 on 1 interviews. Lunch was provided, group setting with multiple employees of the firm.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite subject in school that did not relate to business or accounting?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sikich (Aurora, IL).

Interview

The interview as very professional. I meet with two partners and discussed what I had been doing in my previous years working. It was a great experience that gave me a good feeling of the company.

Interview Questions

• The questions were informal. They were mostly interested in my past experience.   Answer Question

Help Desk Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sikich (Naperville, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with the Talent Acquisition to verify requirements. Phone interview with manager and setting up an in-person interview. In-person interview with the Director and Manager. The interview with the Director and Manager was pretty straight forward. Discussed previous experience. Discussed the role and how I have a lot more experience and knowledge than the role requires.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the reasons why you're leaving your current employer.   Answer Question

Accounting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Sikich (Naperville, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

Had a phone interview and face interview both within 2 weeks of each other and then I didn't hear anything for over a month. Then I was asked to come in and interview again.

Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

Had a phone interview with HR/hiring about the role. Never went further than her as I did not want to continue due to a very low salary for the position. Was told about their great benefits but the salary was much much lower than what you can find in the area