Sila Solutions Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sila Solutions Group Interview Questions

Interviews at Sila Solutions Group

2.6

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sila Solutions Group in November 2017.

Interview

I was contacted through email by a recruiter to set up a phone interview, which was to talk about my experience/resume. The recruiter then set up a technical phone screen with a team lead who asked me more about my resume and asked me a few technical questions.

After the technical phone screen, I was asked to come in to the Arlington office, where I had 3 back-to-back interviews with a manager and 2 engineers. The engineers had questions about my resume as well as a few technical questions about OOP and some simple algorithms, but there was no typical whiteboarding. The manager just wanted to get to know me a little better and wanted to answer any questions I had. Overall a very good experience, and I felt comfortable from the first phone call to the last in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you count the occurrence of every word on your resume?   Answer Question

Java Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sila Solutions Group in March 2017.

Interview

The process consisted of a phone screen with a recruiter, a technical/behavioral screen with the team manager, and a video interview with senior engineers and the office manager. I felt very comfortable, and I had a pleasant experience speaking with everyone. I recommend this company.

Interview Questions

• Everything on your resume and from the job description is fair game.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sila Solutions Group (Washington, DC) in January 2016.

Interview

I went to a job fair without reserving any afternoon interview sessions. When I met their recruiters, I presented myself at their booth, asking and answering questions. They offered an on-site full-time interview afternoon, and took about 2 weeks to get back to me with the result.

Anonymous Employee in Rosslyn, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sila Solutions Group (Rosslyn, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

Went through campus hire. First round: 30 mins phone call with a recruiter. Second round: 1 hour phone-screen with a manager. Third round (onsite): talk to 6 managers/directors/HR , each 45 minutes

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sila Solutions Group (Alexandria, VA) in December 2018.

Interview

The process went as follows,

1. Phone Screen
    2. Video remote technical interview
    3. Onsite Technical Interview

The interviewers and recruiter were courteous, though I did pretty well in the interviews but was rejected at the very end. They may have had a more qualified candidate.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tukwila, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sila Solutions Group (Tukwila, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

After an HR phone screening, I interviewed at their Tukwila HQ.

Their interview questions were very high-level, none technical. It makes me wonder why they bothered in the first place. I had a good impression of Sila, based upon the reviews I had read, but left thinking otherwise.

Their office culture seemed strange. I can't quite put my finger on it (sterile?), but it's not good compared to top-tier Eastside tech companies.

One takeaway I had is that red flags should not be ignored: The person who would be my direct manager was unavailable for the actual interview; canned interview questions with little thought (a common problem, not just at Sila); colleagues who joined by video conference were dressed slovenly in wrinkled t-shirts, etc.

Definitely get clear answers as to whom you'll interview with before making the long drive from Seattle.

Interview Questions

• I can't recall anything specific. They were fluff, mostly. "Greatest weakness" was one, if I remember correctly.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sila Solutions Group.

Interview

Group interview where they took turns asking questions. Nothing very technical. Very nice, open, honest individuals. It was a video chat so I didn't have to go in and very professional.

Technical Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sila Solutions Group.

Interview

I had a phone interview with an HR recruiter, followed by a technical Skype interview with a current engineer, followed by an in-person interview that consisted of 3 separate interviews: one with an engineer, one with an architect, and one with a hiring manager

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you had an issue with a group member that you were working on a project with.   Answer Question

Software Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sila Solutions Group (Arlington, VA) in October 2017.

Interview

Interview process started with a phone interview with a recruiter. Mostly behavioral questions and going over resume type of things. Second interview was over video chat with a consultant with some technical concepts. Sila did not subscribe to the whole white board technical interview process, but instead asked technical questions and expected verbal psudeocode in return. Also asked about general concepts such as Object Oriented Programming. Final round were three technical interviews back to back in person.

Interview Questions

• Given a string, reverse the order of the vowels in the string. Example: the cat jumped over the lazy dog = tho cyt jamped evor the luza deg   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sila Solutions Group.

Interview

Easy, Comfortable, Long. Everyone was very personable, and seemed less concerned about my skill set and more interested in my personality and if I was coachable, trainable, and willing to learn.

Interview Questions

• Nothing tricky - just wanted to know about your experiences and about you as a person   1 Answer