Sila Solutions Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sila Solutions Group Interview Questions

Updated May 25, 2017

2.5

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sila Solutions Group.

Interview

Easy, Comfortable, Long. Everyone was very personable, and seemed less concerned about my skill set and more interested in my personality and if I was coachable, trainable, and willing to learn.

Interview Questions

• Nothing tricky - just wanted to know about your experiences and about you as a person   1 Answer

Java Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sila Solutions Group in March 2017.

Interview

The process consisted of a phone screen with a recruiter, a technical/behavioral screen with the team manager, and a video interview with senior engineers and the office manager. I felt very comfortable, and I had a pleasant experience speaking with everyone. I recommend this company.

Interview Questions

• Everything on your resume and from the job description is fair game.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sila Solutions Group.

Interview

Group interview where they took turns asking questions. Nothing very technical. Very nice, open, honest individuals. It was a video chat so I didn't have to go in and very professional.

Big Data Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sila Solutions Group in February 2017.

Interview

I have applied on the website for the "Big Data" Software Engineer position, got an email from the recruiter asking for a free time to schedule a phone interview. In the phone interview, the recruiter asked me to walk through the resume and I explained about my past work experience, my academic projects and how I am interested in Big Data. Now comes the twist, the recruiter asks me what am I expecting from the position since this is a "Big Data" position I told him how I wanted to work on Big Data. The recruiter says, you are a recent graduate you cannot decide which projects you will be working on you might need to work on any project the company provides and all, if you intend to work only on Big Data then Sila is not a correct fit for you. I applied for a "Big Data" position and any candidate who has brains tells that they want to work on big data they won't be saying I want to work in the accounts department. After that out of desperation, I told yeah I am open for all kind of projects.

The call ended by the recruiter saying, he will talk with his team and tell about the next process. The next Monday I get a mail saying they did not find a suitable position for me. I was like gosh at least put some effort in writing an email to a rejected candidate, don't send the as usual template that you send to candidates rejected during screening.

Advice: If you advertise a position that seeks specific skills and wants the candidates to work on all other technologies other than what the position requires, don't call the candidates and waste their time

Financial/Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sila Solutions Group (Arlington, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

I didn't want to write this review but I felt like other people's review have been helpful to me on Glassdoor . Anyway, I Interviewed with the Arlington office. Interview process took about 3 weeks. First interview was a phone screening with talent acquisition, it went great and I was then invited for a face-face with the director of finance and accounting interview. That also went very well that they had me interview by phone with 1 of the team member that I'd supposedly be working with. That I believe also went well because I was invited to meet with a co-founder. To my experience, it was decent conversation with him. I totally believed I had landed the job for at least getting that far, till I was informed, the co-founder thought I was not going to be a good fit eventhough he had a great feedback. I am not certain on why he felt like that but I'm sure he only truly know deep down ...I have several theories of why but who cares and it doesn't matter.

All in all I thought everyone who interviewed liked me but I guess at the end the day the co-founder makes the final decision on who gets hired or not, especially after going through multiple phases of interviews.

Interview Questions

• Current experience
      How you came be at your current experience
      Aspirations
      Etc...
      Overall they want to know about your experience and why you want work for them...
      Great people/interviewers   Answer Question

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sila Solutions Group (Reston, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

30 minute phone interview and then an onsite interview. The hiring manager was tied up and couldn't meet with me which was unprofessional and made for a negative candidate experience. The questions were almost irrelevant to the role. One interviewer was so low energy it seemed like she hated being part of the process.

Interview Questions

• Surprisingly, no questions about recruiting, just questions about why I left each of my previous jobs. Both interviewers asked the same questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sila Solutions Group (Washington, DC) in January 2016.

Interview

I went to a job fair without reserving any afternoon interview sessions. When I met their recruiters, I presented myself at their booth, asking and answering questions. They offered an on-site full-time interview afternoon, and took about 2 weeks to get back to me with the result.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sila Solutions Group.

Interview

I was recruited through a meet up I had attended when I said I had been looking for employment right out of University. They were the ones who contacted me through Linkedin and gave me a phone screening and informational talk before bringing me into the office.

I had two in person interviews with several people. The first I was interviewed by two software developers as well as the recruiter, while the second I had skype interviews with the DC office. Both went extremely well and were more about work ethics and how you solve problems than technical skill sets. They were extremely kind and helpful and we ended up having many interesting conversations.

The only downside was my interview process took over ten weeks from start to finish. I had two to three weeks in between each interview. It was not until I mentioned I had another offer, did the process speed up considerably.

Interview Questions

• I had very few technical questions or hard interview questions. The hardest was how would I solve problems in a very detailed format as well as the dreaded "where do you see yourself in five years" question   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate as the offer was great and I knew I had a chance of increasing perks as time went on.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tukwila, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sila Solutions Group (Tukwila, WA).

Interview

Initial phone interview followed by a F2F interview

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sila Solutions Group (Seattle, WA) in February 2012.

Interview

3 rounds of interview:

1 round on company overview n work experience
    2 round about previous work ex and alignment to current job
    3 round on situational questions and skill set based.

Very friendly interviewers and the whole experience was great. Even if I dont make it to this company, i would still recommend this company.