Silicon Labs Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Systems Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Silicon Labs (New York, NY).

Interview

Met Silicon Labs representatives at a career fair at my university. Had a technical chat with an applications engineer and after talking for about 10-15 minutes, he said that I should expect a call within a couple of months. The representative was very professional and friendly. Roughly 3 months later, I got an email from them asking me to schedule for a telephonic interview. A couple of weeks later I had an hour long interview with an engineering hiring manager. He started with behavioral questions and then continued to ask questions about projects on my resume. Then, he tested me a bit on RF basics. The questions were fairly straightforward. Overall, the interviewer was very professional and seemed to be more interested in the methodology of how I got the answers than the answers themselves (which I consider a sign of a good company culture).

Interview Questions

• In-depth questions about projects related to the job description (E.g: Since my projects were mainly in antenna design, I was asked, how do I start designing antennas and which starting parameters do I take into account before starting my design)   1 Answer

Contract Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Silicon Labs (Austin, TX) in August 2009.

Interview

New office has really nice view and people are nice. The interviewer wants you to tell specifically when asked. They throw just general question and you have to explain more in detail. Technical portion is simple and straight forward. Asked to program a quick function.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Silicon Labs in November 2014.

Interview

I got the initial interview by handing one of the company reps a resume at a career fair. I did a 1.5 hour phone interview and then a 1 hour skype interview with two different members of the team. Then I came to their site and had 5 back to back interviews for 45 minutes each. The majority of each of the interviews was technical. Some members asked about different things such as java or C.

Interview Questions

• Write out an algorithm for checking if a communication channel is clear in C   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Silicon Labs (Houston, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

I approached them at the career fair, and they reached out via phone. Had a 1 hour behavioral/technical interview the next day, and was told that I'd be a good fit.

Software Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Silicon Labs (Boston, MA).

Interview

Spoke to a representative at a campus career fair. Heard back via email two weeks later for a 45 minute on-campus interview. The interview was technical, mostly just the basics of C/Java. Got recommended further for a 30 minute phone interview. Here I was supposed code in a shared online document. It didn't work so we ended up just discussing my course work. After the phone interview I got invited for an on-site interview in the Boston office. The on-site interview consisted of a 30 minute tour of the company and 4 back to back 50 minute interviews. The interviews were pretty different in nature but the first three were technical. The last one was more laid back. Every person I met during the process was very professional easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• How would you design a program to cut a piece of cardboard into pieces for a box, getting the dimensions of the box and size of the cardboard piece as input? Take the thickness of the cardboard into consideration.   Answer Question

Circuit Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Silicon Labs (Austin, TX) in June 2010.

Interview

Called me at 9:00pm. mostly about circuit design details but not MOSFET oriented, a lot of system and stability questions. The ppl there are more like elite. I would suggest ppl review the book material more carefully when preparing the interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Silicon Labs (New York, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

It's an on-campus interview. The interviewer mainly talked about my resume and asked to elaborate on some of the projects I did. He then asked me questions about wireless communication, e.g., modulation, bit error and how to reduce it. Mainly because my interviewer is more a hardware guy, he barely asked me any question in software track.

Interview Questions

• Without changing the modulation scheme, how to reduce the bit error?   1 Answer

Applications Engineer Interview

Interview

I got an email asking to setup a phone interview after handing my resume to a recruiter on campus. He asked me basic questions about my research, as well as basic questions about object oriented programming( I had mentioned I knew C++). Overall, very professional and easy to talk to.

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Silicon Labs (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

one on campus interview about some general questions for the resume, and then my intern manager give me a call and ask more in detail with my undergrad courses projects and relevant MCU and application based questions

Interview Questions

• discuss in detail about one of my undergrad project, It has been a long time   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Interview

got an on-campus interview, the manager is nice, after going through my resume, he asked he for details of my favorite experience on the resume. Then he asked me to illustrate the data structure of a cards shuffling mechanism.

Interview Questions

• illustrate the data structure of a cards shuffling mechanism.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Silicon Labs (Austin, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

Typical semiconductor industry interview... email to schedule phone screen, 1 hour technical discussion over the phone, followed by an all day on-site interview which is similar to an 8 hour university final exam