Silicon Labs Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Silicon Labs Interview Questions

Interviews at Silicon Labs

3.1

Rtl Design Engineer Interview

Interview

45 minutes phone screen first. Then an onsite interview with team members + HR. There were four interview sessions for the onsite interview. Topics were CDC, micro-architecture, and RTL design.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Silicon Labs.

Interview

The interview process was pretty standard. The first round was a phone interview followed by another and then onsite. The onsite interview was conducted in New Hampshire by interviewers in the Texas office, which in my opinion defeats the purpose of an onsite since the major rounds were on screen anyways.

Interview Questions

• Phone interviews:
      Questions about my resume, about mutexes and semaphores like the difference and the , basic DSP questions like the equivalent of a sine wave in the frequency domain, showed code and asked to tell output(pretty basic testing the simple use of pointers and precedence operators), about the keyword volatile, about how I would debug code(using GDB).

Onsite:
      About memory cache(spatial and temporal locality), garbage collection in Python, differences between SPI and I2C communication protocol.

Questions about Linked list, where they gave me a paper with questions and asked to write code on the paper like an exam, which would be evaluated later by engineers in Austin- was not a very big fan of the way that this was conducted.   Answer Question

RFIC Design Engineer-NCG Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Silicon Labs.

Interview

Got selected for a technical phone interview. A guy called me and said he was not interested in briefing about the company and the job role . He never reviewed my resume( I strongly believe) and the questions were not apt for the job title. Not even a single question from RF.

Interview Questions

• Gave a cascoded current mirror and asked to plot the current. Asked to do a ac analysis of a nmos with a current source.   Answer Question

May 29, 2020 – Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback. It’s essential that we hear from candidates when they have a challenging experience because it is typically a 1:1 setting. In this case, your experience with the interviewer was not what we expect of our interview team members. Thanks for letting us know so that we can address the issue going forward.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Silicon Labs.

Interview

The interview consists of two rounds, first round phone call with the manager, and second round onsite interview at Austin. It is a very good experience and the people here are very nice.

Interview Questions

• Embedded software development, write pseudo code for a uC program to check DAC output correctness, and also INL and DNL   1 Answer

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Silicon Labs.

Interview

Had two phone calls.
    First one was with the Manager and second one with a Lead Designer. Manager spoke about the role and asked a few basic Logic design questions while the second person asked about Clock design, verilog code and few other basic design concepts.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions from Logic Design, Analog Circuits and Verilog   Answer Question

Product Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Silicon Labs.

Interview

I went through one initial phone screening with a recruiter and then I interviewed with an engineer. The interview with the engineer started off great - he asked me about my resume and we ran through the projects I had worked on. Then he started asking me technical questions - he started off with software. I flew through some definitions such as what is a "binary search" and "the difference between a microcontroller and a microprocessor". Then he started asking me more hardware related questions. These I was not as prepared for, and I probably should've known the answers ("What is the laplace transform?" "what are the three parts of a mosfet"?). I legitimately could not remember the definitions to some of these concepts, so I began replying with "I don't know" - because I wanted to maintain my honesty.

This interviewer was not kind with me. After a few "I don't knows" he lashed out at me, telling me that that is the worst thing to say to an interviewer (I agree, but was I supposed to make something up?). He mocked me and said, "Well I'm sure with your GPA, you are getting lots of offers aren't you?" He went on to advise me to stop looking for jobs and to go to grad school. When I said I didn't have the money, he told me to fib and tell my university that I wanted to get my PhD so that I could get free tuition then quit after I had my masters.

Needless to say, I was very unimpressed with my communication with this engineer. I avoid applying to this company at all costs now. I still get upset thinking about the way this interviewer treated me.

I'd also like to say that as you can see from my interview questions, this guy was all over the place. He didn't really focus on one area of background - rather, he quizzed me on every fundamental thing I have learned at school and lashed out when I couldn't remember a few.

Interview Questions

• What are the three parts to a mosfet? what is the laplace transform? What are the equations for the voltage across an inductor and the current through a capacitor? what is the difference between a microcontroller and a microprocessor? Define a binary search.   Answer Question

May 29, 2020 – Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Offer or not, we strive to create a great candidate experience and ask relevant questions. We missed the mark. Your feedback will is helpful in identifying gaps in our interview process that we can adjust going forward.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Silicon Labs (College Station, TX) in February 2020.

Interview

phone + video interview
    I got the chance from a career fair at our university.
    people are very very very friendly.
    I am so happy to get the chance.

HR follow up and email me.

Analog RF Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Silicon Labs (New York, NY).

Interview

Immediately get into technical questions as the interview starts..
    The questions were very hard. He asked general questions about my master's project subjects also. They were strictly hard, too. I even didnt have any idea of some questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you choose the capacitance of your DAC (inside ADC) in order to mitigate possible capacitor mismatches?   2 Answers
    • Design a two stage differential input single ended output amplifier..   1 Answer

May 29, 2020 – Director of Talent Acquisition

It's unfortunate that you did not have a great candidate experience with us. We always ask our interviewers to spend time answer candidate questions so it helps you understand if our company and role are a fit for you.

In relation to the questions. We have a collection of questions we ask all university students based of education/experience to evaluate a fit for our teams. The questions are geared to identify knowledge/experience that is required for the team. We wish you the best going forward with future interviews.

Software Development Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Silicon Labs (Boston, MA) in January 2020.

Interview

Very rude and worst of my life. I will not apply and interact with this employer ever. First round was one technical interview. The guy is very nice and respectful. Then I was called for onsite interview with five different people. In middle, one interviewer was very rude and asked me to leave for home. I left home. Peace. That is what they treating me.

Interview Questions

• What can I bring the best to that company?   1 Answer

May 29, 2020 – Director of Talent Acquisition

We are disappointed to hear that your interviewer engaged in a conversation with you that was not respectful. You’re right -you shouldn’t make up answers to questions when the concepts are not well known and our interviewers should be able to parse well known subject matter from unknown areas effectively. Thank you for sharing this. If you’d like to provide additional feedback, you can reach out to me on Linkedin (Antonio Busalacchi). I run our global recruiting team.

Sales Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Silicon Labs (Austin, TX) in December 2019.

Interview

The interview process went by fairly quickly. I had a phone screen with the recruiter on a Thursday, a phone screen with the hiring manager the following day. Then a couple of weeks later I had an in-person interview session consisting of the hiring manager, the direct accounts manager, the distribution accounts manager, my prospective teammate, and the VP of business operations.