Simply Hired Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Simply Hired

2.8

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Simply Hired (Mountain View, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

I had a technical phone interview wasn't very difficult. Immediately after that had an onsite interview. Around four 1:1 interview all of them white board coding. I did well in three of the interviews, last one was bit vague but I did code the entire problem. Overall went well seemed to have cracked the interviews but didn't get an offer saying my background does not match the position. No idea what went wrong. (1st and 2nd interview were flawless).

Interview Questions

• Find common node of two singly linked list given the heads of two nodes.   1 Answer
    • Find permutations of all alphabets in a given number eg: 1->abc, 2->def, and so on so i/p: 12 o/p: ad ae af bd be bf cd ce cf
      and now generalize for 10 digit number   1 Answer

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Simply Hired (Mountain View, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

I first had two phone screens with their senior QA manager and CTO. They ask you to explain technical terms. After that, I had an onsite interview. I met their Technical Lead, QA manager, CTO, and President. Only the technical lead guy ask coding questions/puzzles/database questions. Both the QA manager and CTO have spoken on the phone with me. The manager lady asks many behavioral questions. The CTO asks about the same set of questions (HTTP, how do browsers work,...etc) as during phone screens. The President asks more behavioral questions to understand your characteristics. After the onsite, they haven't get back to me until 4 weeks later. They ask for another onsite interview. I met their QA manager, CTO again and CEO at this time. Their CEO is a really elegant leader. I enjoy talking with him very much. I got an offer the day after but instead of full-time position, they make it a contract to hire one. I think they are very cautious about hiring people.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Simply Hired.

Interview

Recruiter from recruiting agency contacted me about the job. They set up a phone screen with an engineer from the company. The engineer I spoke with was very pleasant and engaging.

Interview Questions

• Implement power function multiple ways including recursive implementation   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Worst interview ever, the interviewer ask me one open-ended problem, but what he want to see is if I can come up with the exact same solution that he has.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Simply Hired in November 2013.

Interview

Phone Screening

Interview Questions

• Interviewer asked about my current project. She failed to understand my project (interviewers from other companies do understand it and were impressed!) and said "I don't exactly understand your work and strengths, you are not good fit for this position". Then she went on to ask me few basic algorithmic questions which I did it with O(n) time complexity, she was not at all interested in solution and said this trick will work but it is not correct solution. Through out the phone call she made it a point to convey that I am not a good fit (I felt she had already considered someone and my interview was just a formality.) Waste of time for both of us!   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Simply Hired (Mountain View, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

Phone interview went okay - they were polite/nice. No follow up.

Interview Questions

• Some technical questions about detecting values in linked lists.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Simply Hired (Mountain View, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

I applied online and they asked me to do a phone interview. Phone Interview went very well. The interviewer gave a coding problem and asked to discuss the solution and its best and worst case scenarios.Next the recruiter contacted me and asked for scheduling a onsite meeting including lunch. Met with 5 interviewers on same day. Interview wasnt tough. May be they want to come up with solution faster. Questions included how does web browser works, bit manipulation, simple algorithm. Mostly they were looking for ppl with more of css and html knowledge.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Simply Hired (Mountain View, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

I talked to them at the career fair. Several weeks later, I had an 1:1 interview with one of the engineers there. The questions weren't hard and I made it to the on-site interview which should supposedly consist of three interviews and one lunch with the staff. The HR was very nice who gave me a ride from calTrain to the company. They just relocated to a new office building which looks very vacant and the office was almost empty. Two senior staff interviewed me. The interviews were limited to around 30-40 minutes. For the first one, the interviewer spent around 15min to 20min talking about his view on the company which didn't seem very positive. Then he gave me a very vague questions which initially I didn't know either was a brain tease or a technical question. We in the end ran out of time. For the second one, the interviewer gave me a technical question and a brain tease. While I was waiting for the third interview, the HR came in saying that they weren't satisfied with my performance and decided to terminate the interview process. I was walked out of the office building five minutes later. I guess who they are looking for are people who can come up with the solutions quickly. But at the same time, I was very disappointed at their attitude towards candidates: if they want you, they greet you; if they don't, they want you out of their office immediately like trash.

Interview Questions

• How to find the node where two linked lists are joined?   Answer Question
    • How to find the start position with an empty tank, provided that you have a number of gas stations with same amount of gas but unknown distance between each other?   Answer Question
    • Bit manipulation, how to find the number of 1s in a binary number.   1 Answer
    • Brain tease, how to find the stack with 1 more coin among 9 other stacks with same number coins and a weigh.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Simply Hired.

Interview

Had an initial phone interview that was largely technical but relatively easy and then an on-site interview that involved three technical questions that I found pretty hard. They said they'd take one week to get back to me after the on-site interview but it took them a couple weeks. I was unfortunately rejected but not surprised as I was not aware of some of the data structures asked during the on-site interview.

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Simply Hired (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

The process starts with a 30-45 technical screen with a member of the engineering team or an Lead. The Engineering lead I spoke to was very friendly and told me about the projects they work on and the team structure. After that your then given a coding exercise. The Eng lead gave me some hints here and there and I was able to solve the problem. I was told I'd hear from the recruiter for next steps.

After that, I was immediately contacted by the recruiter for an onsite interview. In the onsite, I met with 3 engineers and again it was all technical questions. What stood apart for me was that everyone that I met, was personable. I've been on interviews where the engineering team have been rude and even arrogant. It's not the case at Simply Hired.

After the first round, I was called back in for a final round to meet with the VP of Engineering, CEO, and Sr. Director of HR. I was nervous but I was asked basic questions on what I can contribute to the company and why I want to work here. (These interviews I wasn't asked to do any coding exercises.)

After that, I heard from the recruiter that they would like to give me an offer. All in all, the process was faster than most other companies that I interviewed. I really just loved the energy of the Engineering team and the fact that everyone that I met seemed passionate about the work they do. I've been working here for a couple months now and I feel like the work I do here is meangingful!