SirsiDynix Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at SirsiDynix

2.5

Associate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at SirsiDynix (Lehi, UT) in July 2014.

Interview

They ask you the first 3 questions you will find if you look up javascript interview questions or java interview questions or whatever they're hiring you for. They ask you to write some code.They asked super basic stuff too. I think anyone could pass this interview. Someone who interviewed at the same time hadn't even taken a class or had a job programming before but they said they had and they got the job.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between final, finally and finalize?   1 Answer

Interview

The two-hour pre-interview test was quite grueling but fun. Just enjoy the test and try to get as many sections done as you can.
    I had one interview and then an offer a few days later. The recruiters are outstanding and willing to answer any question you have. They are quite open to negotiations, as well.
    The interview didn't ask a lot of whiteboard coding questions but focused more on concepts and ability to get stuff done.

Interview Questions

• I don't recall a specific question but there were a lot of object-oriented questions that were challenging.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate salary. The in-house recruiters were great to work with.

Thanks for your review!

Legal Counsel Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SirsiDynix.

Interview

The first part of the process included a 2-3 hour pre-employment aptitude test. After my results came back, the recruiter called and scheduled an interview. When I came in, I interviewed with the other corporate counsel, then with the general counsel. The process was really laid-back. A few days later I was called for a final interview with the CFO, which was also a really laid-back interview.

Interview Questions

• The CFO asked what I disliked most about the job I held at the time. I was a little hesitant to say anything negative about where I was working because that never looks good.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They stated ahead of time what they were looking to pay for the position.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at SirsiDynix (Provo, UT).

Interview

Tough tests but it really does make sure great people are hired. Lots of friends and family get suggested but then fail to pass the tests so there is no chance of nepotism. It is all based on ability.

Interview Questions

• There usually is one difficult questions but not much you can do to prepare other than be calm and know that they are people too.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I just accepted because I was so glad to get mu foot in the door.

Dec 9, 2014 – Recruiting Manager

Wow, five months? That is definitely unusual, but it is my hope that you were receiving frequent feedback during that time. In some cases, certain jobs can take longer than others to wrap up. Thank... More

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SirsiDynix (Provo, UT) in May 2010.

Interview

The interview process is a test that is similar to the ASVAB test everybody takes in High School to test your vocational aptitude. You are then contacted by the hiring manager and then brought in for a one on one interview. You are then interviewed by the Director of the area in which you will be working. Negotiations for salary are fairly quick and often are offered a salary lower than what you are expecting.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time where you had to prioritize your work.   Answer Question
    • What do you think you can contribute to SirsiDynix?   Answer Question

Finance Department Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SirsiDynix.

Interview

If you are accepted as a viable candidate you will be asked to go in to take a test. This will determine if you move on to an interview and on to a ossible offer.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary as I did not interview under the current process.   Answer Question

Dec 9, 2014 – Recruiting Manager

Thanks for taking the time to leave comments on your interview experience.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at SirsiDynix in September 2012.

Interview

There are a few tests you need to take, however with new ownership this part might (probably will) go away. After passing the tests, you have an interview with one of the managers in the area you have applied to. There could be 2-3 different interviews depending on how far you make it, or if the company needs to decide between you and another candidate. The experience was good overall. The managers are good people for the most part (I say this b/c there could be one here and there that you might not like - no one is perfect).

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SirsiDynix (Huntsville, AL) in October 2007.

Interview

Everyone I saw walking around looked like zombies. I had heard bad things about this company, but the interview process was ridiculous. Had to take a lengthy test before I could even get an interview. The company isn't exactly Microsoft, but they acted like they needed Google-level employees. The test was just analogies and general knowledge. Anybody still taking breath could have passed it. Intervieweer seemed very unhappy and uninspired by his job.

Interview Questions

Attitudes of people I encountered; stupid test

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SirsiDynix (Lehi, UT) in October 2015.

Interview

Assessments, assessments, and more assessments.
    Apologies for assessments.
    Multiple departments.
    Uncertainty on department or position to fill.
    Open to suggestions for those that like to shape their own job.
    I was interviewed five times, by five different individuals, not understanding the connections, and all the way to Executive level.
    Multiple times I felt like we were just looking at each other and they were waiting for me to create the questions they ought to ask me. It was quite strange.

Interview Questions

• They asked for work samples. They asked if I'd consider management.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate somewhat because the company wasn't sure where they wanted to place me anyway. I explained that I wasn't desperate for the job, that it'd be a quality-of-life concern as I have my own business. They said I was saying that as negotiation, but I wasn't, but I'd take it if it worked in my favor. They raised the offer 5k/year for me.

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lehi, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at SirsiDynix (Lehi, UT) in August 2012.

Interview

I applied online and worked with a recruiter. We are required to take a 2 hour test that I guess makes sure that we're not mentally retarded, don't worry, I passed. However even with the test, this is a great company and I really enjoyed my in-person interview with the team-lead over Technical Documentation.

Interview Questions

• There was a writing/editing test and also a translation test. They want to make sure that we spoke a language so we can help translate the documentation.   Answer Question

Dec 9, 2014 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your feedback. Fortunately, our pre-employment assessment takes less than 30 minutes. I am glad your experience was positive (despite the grueling test).