Cover image for SirsiDynix

Is this your company?

Add an Interview

SirsiDynix Interview Questions

Updated Nov 6, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 17 of over 17 interviews

2.5
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at SirsiDynix

SirsiDynix

Application

I interviewed at SirsiDynix

Interview

It went very well. Yeah for them. Would not interview with them them. Company was not for me. I am out of words. Applied, got a phone call , went in.

Interview Questions
  • How are you doing today?
    1 Answer

SirsiDynix

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SirsiDynix

Interview

Company reached out asking when I would be available for a phone interview, I quickly responded and told them a time that would work well for me. An hour after I was supposed to receive the call I received an email identifying times they could contact me for the interview, and after selecting a time was told they would be late. I received a three way phone call with not the best connection. I was told I would hear back from them the next week and contacted them weekly asking about the status of the interview. 3 weeks later I received a no-reply automatic denial for the position.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The latest conversations about Tech

70 Comments

Tech

454.3K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=SirsiDynix~145388
Join the conversation on

Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SirsiDynix (Lehi, UT) in Oct 2015

Interview

Assessments, assessments, and more assessments. Apologies for assessments. Multiple departments. Uncertainty on department or position to fill. Open to suggestions for those that like to shape their own job. I was interviewed five times, by five different individuals, not understanding the connections, and all the way to Executive level. Multiple times I felt like we were just looking at each other and they were waiting for me to create the questions they ought to ask me. It was quite strange.

Interview Questions
  • They asked for work samples. They asked if I'd consider management.
1 person found this interview helpful

SirsiDynix

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SirsiDynix

Interview

The first part of the process included a 2-3 hour pre-employment aptitude test. After my results came back, the recruiter called and scheduled an interview. When I came in, I interviewed with the other corporate counsel, then with the general counsel. The process was really laid-back. A few days later I was called for a final interview with the CFO, which was also a really laid-back interview.

Interview Questions
  • The CFO asked what I disliked most about the job I held at the time. I was a little hesitant to say anything negative about where I was working because that never looks good.
3 people found this interview helpful

SirsiDynix

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SirsiDynix

Interview

The hiring process took longer than I had expected. The upside to that is they do a good job of vetting their potential employees. The downside is obvious; it takes forever to find out if you'll be offered a position. They start with an assessment, move on to a phone interview, and then you get to go in for an interview with the hiring manager/director. When you go in, you get to retake the assessment so that they know it was your score and not someone taking it for you. If you are able to make it past all of that, you get to submit references and then the offer comes after. Overall, it was a pleasant experience in spite of how long it took. They were excellent at keeping in-touch with me throughout the process to let me know what was happening.

Interview Questions
  • The most unexptected question was unique to the position I was interviewing for. It was, "If Utah were to annex a state, which state would it be, what would it be called, and what would the motto be?"
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at SirsiDynix (Lehi, UT) in Jul 2014

Interview

They ask you the first 3 questions you will find if you look up javascript interview questions or java interview questions or whatever they're hiring you for. They ask you to write some code.They asked super basic stuff too. I think anyone could pass this interview. Someone who interviewed at the same time hadn't even taken a class or had a job programming before but they said they had and they got the job.

Interview Questions
  • What is the difference between final, finally and finalize?

SirsiDynix

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SirsiDynix in May 2014

Interview

I had applied online and was then contacted by a recruiter via email and asked to continue in the interview process. As is normal, I was asked to take a standard personality and intelligence test in order to proceed. Funny enough, this is the first time I have never passed one with over a decade in experience! My main issue is that at no point was a more holistic approach taken to meet the candidate. Additionally, I had rapid back and forth contact with the requiter up until this point. She stated that she would contact me with in 24 hours. I had to reach out to her over a week later to find out what had happened with my interview status. My main issue is that recruiters need to be respectful to their applicant pool, even if they do not fit the mold of the company or position.

SirsiDynix

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SirsiDynix in Mar 2014

Interview

TERRIBLE! I applied online and heard back quickly. The HR rep that I was in communications with would schedule appointments and then break them because he "unexpectedly was out of town". Finally when I had the phone interview it went really well, and the HR rep said he would contact me to schedule the 2nd interview shortly. After a few weeks of no response, I emailed them to see where I was in the application process. So said that they were planning on scheduling me to come and take a "personality profile test". They never scheduled a date. A month later, they sent me an email saying that management had changed and would follow up with me soon. Of course they never did. Completely unprofessional.

Interview Questions
  • What kind of marketing campaigns are you involved with currently?

Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SirsiDynix (Lehi, UT)

Interview

Applications are taken online. An aptitude test is required before being approved for an initial interview. Generally, multiple interviews are required. Sometimes, based on the results of the aptitude test and interviews, applicants are recommended for positions different from what they initially applied for.

Interview Questions
  • If given the option of getting the prize behind doors 1, 2, or 3, then after making your choice, one of the doors you didn't select is removed and you are given the choice to change your selection from the door you initially chose to the other remaining door, are you chances any better if you change your choice to the new door or not? Why or why not?

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 months. I interviewed at SirsiDynix (Provo, UT)

Interview

Tough tests but it really does make sure great people are hired. Lots of friends and family get suggested but then fail to pass the tests so there is no chance of nepotism. It is all based on ability.

Interview Questions
  • There usually is one difficult questions but not much you can do to prepare other than be calm and know that they are people too.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 17 Interviews