SirsiDynix Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SirsiDynix Interview Questions

2.5

Product Manager Interview

Interview

I ultimately withdrew from consideration due to my employer sweetening my deal. Aside from that, however, the experience was very positive. They were very accommodating of my schedule. The one and only interview I had was a good experience, very casual (such a refreshing thing to experience nowadays).

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SirsiDynix (Lehi, UT) in October 2015.

Interview

Assessments, assessments, and more assessments.
    Apologies for assessments.
    Multiple departments.
    Uncertainty on department or position to fill.
    Open to suggestions for those that like to shape their own job.
    I was interviewed five times, by five different individuals, not understanding the connections, and all the way to Executive level.
    Multiple times I felt like we were just looking at each other and they were waiting for me to create the questions they ought to ask me. It was quite strange.

Interview Questions

• They asked for work samples. They asked if I'd consider management.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate somewhat because the company wasn't sure where they wanted to place me anyway. I explained that I wasn't desperate for the job, that it'd be a quality-of-life concern as I have my own business. They said I was saying that as negotiation, but I wasn't, but I'd take it if it worked in my favor. They raised the offer 5k/year for me.

Legal Counsel Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SirsiDynix.

Interview

The first part of the process included a 2-3 hour pre-employment aptitude test. After my results came back, the recruiter called and scheduled an interview. When I came in, I interviewed with the other corporate counsel, then with the general counsel. The process was really laid-back. A few days later I was called for a final interview with the CFO, which was also a really laid-back interview.

Interview Questions

• The CFO asked what I disliked most about the job I held at the time. I was a little hesitant to say anything negative about where I was working because that never looks good.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They stated ahead of time what they were looking to pay for the position.

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SirsiDynix.

Interview

The hiring process took longer than I had expected. The upside to that is they do a good job of vetting their potential employees. The downside is obvious; it takes forever to find out if you'll be offered a position. They start with an assessment, move on to a phone interview, and then you get to go in for an interview with the hiring manager/director. When you go in, you get to retake the assessment so that they know it was your score and not someone taking it for you. If you are able to make it past all of that, you get to submit references and then the offer comes after. Overall, it was a pleasant experience in spite of how long it took. They were excellent at keeping in-touch with me throughout the process to let me know what was happening.

Interview Questions

• The most unexptected question was unique to the position I was interviewing for. It was, "If Utah were to annex a state, which state would it be, what would it be called, and what would the motto be?"   2 Answers

Dec 9, 2014 – Recruiting Manager

Thanks for your feedback!

Associate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at SirsiDynix (Lehi, UT) in July 2014.

Interview

They ask you the first 3 questions you will find if you look up javascript interview questions or java interview questions or whatever they're hiring you for. They ask you to write some code.They asked super basic stuff too. I think anyone could pass this interview. Someone who interviewed at the same time hadn't even taken a class or had a job programming before but they said they had and they got the job.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between final, finally and finalize?   1 Answer

Bluecloud Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SirsiDynix in May 2014.

Interview

I had applied online and was then contacted by a recruiter via email and asked to continue in the interview process. As is normal, I was asked to take a standard personality and intelligence test in order to proceed. Funny enough, this is the first time I have never passed one with over a decade in experience! My main issue is that at no point was a more holistic approach taken to meet the candidate. Additionally, I had rapid back and forth contact with the requiter up until this point. She stated that she would contact me with in 24 hours. I had to reach out to her over a week later to find out what had happened with my interview status. My main issue is that recruiters need to be respectful to their applicant pool, even if they do not fit the mold of the company or position.

Dec 9, 2014 – Recruiting Manager

I'm sorry that your experience was not a positive one. My team usually would not promise feedback within 24 hours, so perhaps there was a miscommunication. It generally takes 1-2 weeks to provide ... More

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SirsiDynix in March 2014.

Interview

TERRIBLE! I applied online and heard back quickly. The HR rep that I was in communications with would schedule appointments and then break them because he "unexpectedly was out of town". Finally when I had the phone interview it went really well, and the HR rep said he would contact me to schedule the 2nd interview shortly. After a few weeks of no response, I emailed them to see where I was in the application process. So said that they were planning on scheduling me to come and take a "personality profile test". They never scheduled a date. A month later, they sent me an email saying that management had changed and would follow up with me soon. Of course they never did. Completely unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What kind of marketing campaigns are you involved with currently?   Answer Question

Dec 11, 2015 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your feedback. I'm very sorry to hear that you had a negative experience, especially since you were most likely working with me at that time (I was the only "he" in the HR & Recruiting ... More

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SirsiDynix (Lehi, UT).

Interview

Applications are taken online. An aptitude test is required before being approved for an initial interview. Generally, multiple interviews are required. Sometimes, based on the results of the aptitude test and interviews, applicants are recommended for positions different from what they initially applied for.

Interview Questions

• If given the option of getting the prize behind doors 1, 2, or 3, then after making your choice, one of the doors you didn't select is removed and you are given the choice to change your selection from the door you initially chose to the other remaining door, are you chances any better if you change your choice to the new door or not? Why or why not?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Fairly standard. An offer is made that can be accepted our a counter offer can be proposed.

Dec 9, 2014 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your comments.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at SirsiDynix (Provo, UT).

Interview

Tough tests but it really does make sure great people are hired. Lots of friends and family get suggested but then fail to pass the tests so there is no chance of nepotism. It is all based on ability.

Interview Questions

• There usually is one difficult questions but not much you can do to prepare other than be calm and know that they are people too.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I just accepted because I was so glad to get mu foot in the door.

Dec 9, 2014 – Recruiting Manager

Wow, five months? That is definitely unusual, but it is my hope that you were receiving frequent feedback during that time. In some cases, certain jobs can take longer than others to wrap up. Thank ... More

Finance Department Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SirsiDynix.

Interview

If you are accepted as a viable candidate you will be asked to go in to take a test. This will determine if you move on to an interview and on to a ossible offer.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary as I did not interview under the current process.   Answer Question

Dec 9, 2014 – Recruiting Manager

Thanks for taking the time to leave comments on your interview experience.