Cover image for Skanska

Is this your company?

Add an Interview

Skanska Interview Questions

Updated Nov 27, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 96 of over 96 interviews

Recruiter8%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

Skanska

Application

I interviewed at Skanska

Interview

Interview process took about 2 months. Started of with CV and cover letter review, then telephone interview followed by assessment centre which included a final interview and group task. The task was a problem solving exercise with no real right answer. Was informed that the goal was to show the ability to communicate as part of a team.

Interview Questions
  • What do you think you can achieve working at Skanska?
    1 Answer

Skanska

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Skanska in Mar 2022

Interview

Interview with 2 members of the design team mostly competency based with questions about sustainability and career goals in short and long term Group exercise based on cost and time management

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about Skanska

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Skanska? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Skanska employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Skanska (Houston, TX)

Interview

A test and two different interviews with my would be boss what else do you want me to write here 30 whole words jeesh y’all are reaching twenty seven twenty eight twenty nine thirty?

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Doncaster, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Skanska (Doncaster, England) in Nov 2021

Interview

Asked back twice. No competent electrical guys there to interview. First interview over 2 hours. No communication after the interview had to call myself after about a month of waiting to finally be told I was unsuccessful. Waste of time

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Skanska (London, England) in Oct 2021

Interview

The interview process was standard, not difficult. The overall process was however extremely timely - over a 2 month period e.g. 6 weeks between interviews. I initially applied for the position of BDD (UK) in August and was invited to a first interview in September, which I received the Teams call details only a day before the interview. Before the second interview I was asked to complete psychometric and maths tests. Also before the second interview stage I was clear with the internal recruiter about my salary expectations and that those details needed to be shared with hiring managers - this was not done. I was told about about a 3rd interview by the hiring manager and follow-up about being invited to this or not and was told I will be given an update soon. I was then completely ghosted and not formally informed of the interview outcome - I find this extremely unacceptable given the time as a candidate I have invested in preparing for interviews etc. If I am not the right candidate I would hope to be informed!

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Skanska

Application

I interviewed at Skanska

Interview

Very great and simple and straightforward. The interviewer was very polite and me feel comfortable during the interview. There was no pressure during the interview whatsoever. The interview was also very quick and i was also told right then and there if I received the internship.

Interview Questions
  • How did you know you were interested in construction
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Skanska (London, England) in Mar 2021

Interview

Had to the same tbh but it seems to me and it is not a secretary of my life I'm just at my best and I'm just... This interview didn't happen. I just had to write something with predicted text so yeah... I'll just keep typing until I have got 30 words...

Skanska

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Skanska in Mar 2021

Interview

Process is straightforward and transparent. I had to postpone my virtual interview and recruiters were absolutely fine with that. Virtual interview was maintained in a very nice, professional atmosphere. I would definitely say try to get an interview there. It takes around an hour but recruiters make you feel very comfortable. Skanska seems to have a lot of new opportunities coming along which does not surprise me at all.

Interview Questions
  • Competency Based Interview. Collaboration, negotiation, prioritisation skills.

Skanska

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Skanska

Interview

Straight forward summary of career so far, skills relevant to the role and competency based questions. Then there was another interview with more senior members to see if they considered it to be a good fit for the company.

Interview Questions
  • What problems did you encounter during your last project and how did you overcome these?

Skanska

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Skanska in Feb 2021

Interview

Got an email for a telephone interview, interview lasted about 30 minutes and was mainly about competency based questions. Interviewer was very nice and didn't make the process feel too official.

Interview Questions
  • Give an example of your experience based on one of the values of Skanska
3 people found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 96 Interviews

Skanska Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Skanska as 62.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.71 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Preconstruction Engineer and Intern rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Intern - Hourly and Project Engineer roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Skanska takes an average of 32 days when considering 49 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Development Associate had the quickest hiring process (on average 14 days), whereas Intern - Hourly roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 45 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Skanska according to 49 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 21.24%