Skanska Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Skanska Interview Questions

Updated Apr 19, 2017

2.6

Asdistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Skanska in April 2017.

Interview

It was a very quick yet precise straight forward interview. Defenitly on the lay back side compared to other interviews I have been to. Overall a fairly simple process that made it more exciting to become a part of the company.

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Skanska (Portland, OR).

Interview

Very easy, very pleasant. Receptionist was friendly and chatted with me while I waited for interviewer; put me at ease. Interview questions were basic and designed to learn the bare bones of what they needed to know. The decision was made on the spot and I received an offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been spoken to about the state of your desk   1 Answer

Development Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Skanska.

Interview

FaceTime Interview after initial application. Initially the application is provided online and decision is received after about a week or two. After that there is an interview with Director and his subordinate involved, sometime other directors. Interview is relatively easy, mostly questions about why you are interested and personality questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Skanska as opposed to your current job or last position?   1 Answer

Contracts Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Skanska (Riverside, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied for job on-line, was contacted a few weeks later with a voice mail telling me they would like to schedule an interview, suggested two time frames and had sent me an e-mail with possible dates/time to respond to. Never received an e-mail, called and left VM saying so and advising which time frame was acceptable. I get several missed phone calls from their number, but no voice mail or e-mail. I call and leave a second voice mail asking for confirmation of interview, this time see no missed calls, no voice mail and still not e-mail. Very disrespectful and unprofessional treatment, if this is how they treat job seekers, I am very concerned how they would treat employees!

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Skanska (Charlotte, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

Great interview practice. The technical interview was good theory questions about how well you know C#, JS, MVC, EF, WEB API, and .NET Framework. They listed a couple programs and asked me how comfortable was I at it (no, maybe, yes). They even mentioned "Not all candidates will get these." Which is very true, different companies use different softwares, so I only had 1/4 of them, which is sad. "We don't set you up to fail" as they quote, which made this a positive interview.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between C# and JS?   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carteret, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Skanska (Carteret, NJ).

Interview

Had a phone interview and in person interview after meeting with them at a Career Fair. The phone interview was very basic questions and easy. During my in person interview the HR representative essentially promised me the job and I was later informed that they hired too many interns and would not be making any hires. The process was very disorganized for such a large company. They did not really know what they needed and didn't need. The whole process took about 3 months, very frustrating.

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Skanska.

Interview

They contacted me after a Career Fair for an interview the next day. An HR manager and a Engineering manager interviewed me and the process flowed pretty well. They asked me about my interest in the company and the position. We talked a bit about the projects that are going on and the locations. The interview was easy. However, I was not interested in the location where the job was.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions and questions about my technical experience.   Answer Question

Project Controls Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Skanska (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

It was over the phone with a recruiter. I was told they need people like me and can't keep people like me and they would contact me soon. I was excited but found out you must be elite for this company. The overall experience was "Your a good candidate" to "We're not interested" and it took weeks instead of 5 days which the promised me they would achieve. Read all the glassdoor reviews carefully.

Interview Questions

• What is it you would LIKE to do for a living.   1 Answer

Engineering Estimator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Skanska (Parsippany, NJ) in November 2015.

Interview

I was picked for the first round interview which is a phone interview. They ask typical questions and hr was friendly and easy to talk to. The interview take about 20-30 minutes. I was told that I was moving on to the next round at the end of conversation, which was to meet with the regional manager. After the phone call I was never contacted about the offer or interview again despite my efforts to get in contact with them.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Skanska (Durham, NC) in October 2015.

Interview

I was contacted via a phone call about 3-4 weeks after applying through university connections. They asked what time I was available in the next week or so to do a phone screening and the actual phone screening took about 15 minutes. Afterwards they said I'd be contacted in mid-January with an update on the interview process.