Skanska Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Skanska Interview Questions

Interviews at Skanska

2.8

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Skanska in February 2014.

Interview

I received an email from the human resources manager notifying me that she wanted to schedule a phone interview. I had participated in the AIC Reno competition, and afterwords there was a career fair so I submitted my resume to the Skanska booth. She asked a few questions about my experience at the competition, like about my role on the team, how my team performed in the competition. In hindsight, I really should have talked more about teamwork (we were pretty great as a team and worked well together) and less about our actual results from the competition. The interview questions are pretty typical, pretty much all traditional and behavioral questions. The interview was over two years ago so I wrote down the questions I remember below.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with someone on a team project and how did you deal with it?   1 Answer
    • What are your weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • What are your strengths?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Skanska (Durham, NC) in October 2015.

Interview

I was contacted via a phone call about 3-4 weeks after applying through university connections. They asked what time I was available in the next week or so to do a phone screening and the actual phone screening took about 15 minutes. Afterwards they said I'd be contacted in mid-January with an update on the interview process.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carteret, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Skanska (Carteret, NJ).

Interview

Had a phone interview and in person interview after meeting with them at a Career Fair. The phone interview was very basic questions and easy. During my in person interview the HR representative essentially promised me the job and I was later informed that they hired too many interns and would not be making any hires. The process was very disorganized for such a large company. They did not really know what they needed and didn't need. The whole process took about 3 months, very frustrating.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carteret, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Skanska (Carteret, NJ) in January 2018.

Interview

Great interview the interviewer is the general manager of the division of the company, the interview goes out like a conversation very easy and flows well if you relax. over all great experience

Interview Questions

• how do you feel about traveling to Manhattan to do work   Answer Question

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Skanska (Portland, OR).

Interview

Very easy, very pleasant. Receptionist was friendly and chatted with me while I waited for interviewer; put me at ease. Interview questions were basic and designed to learn the bare bones of what they needed to know. The decision was made on the spot and I received an offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been spoken to about the state of your desk   1 Answer

Senior Estimator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Skanska (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process began with multiple phone interviews, one with the Senior VP of preconstruction and another with a Director of the same division. This was followed by an in-person interview at the construction managers office. The whole process played out over a 5-10 days.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sequim, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Skanska (Sequim, WA) in December 2017.

Interview

I interviewed at my college with a couple reps and it was laid back and more of a get to know me thing like hobbies and what I like doing outside of college.

Summer Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Skanska (Seattle, WA) in April 2011.

Interview

I heard about the summer internship opportunity through a college scholarship that Skanska annually rewards students in the state of Washington. They responded to my scholarship application via email and we set up an interview time on my college campus at the University of Washington. I was interviewed by six UW graduates and current Skanska employees. A suit is very appropriate for this type of interview.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Skanska (Orlando, FL) in February 2014.

Interview

Easy. Answered a few questions and had an offer.Not sure what questions were asked, as it was a very short interview.I'm not sure if it was because of my experience or great manager.

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Skanska.

Interview

It was very interesting and they asked a lot of questions. I felt very encouraged by the interview process. They mentioned there was a lot of people interested in the job. But I think I have a good shot.