SkyKick Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at SkyKick

2.8

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SkyKick.

Interview

coding homework assignment. This was my first homework assignment I've submitted. I learned the assignment emphasized grading scripts, which I should have anticipated and written a console app to start rather than a dll.

Interview Questions

• Write a console application for the functionality.   1 Answer

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SkyKick (Seattle, WA) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied through job posting, got a mail regarding interview. In interview process they gave me a link for coding. Interview went for an hour, they asked me about previous testing experience and couple of coding questions. It went well.

Interview Questions

• write a function that takes a string and returns the reverse of that string.   Answer Question

Software Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SkyKick in July 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed in a conference room by an STE who asked me one coding question, and with a screenshot printout asked "How would you test this UI?" I was interviewed by another STE who didn't ask any coding questions We just talked shop about the testing process. Test Manager interviewed me more for team fit, asking situational questions such as how you deal with conflict in the workplace. Finally I had a lunch interview with a VP at a local restaurant.

Interview Questions

• Implement a stack using a queue.   1 Answer

Software Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at SkyKick (New York, NY).

Interview

The process is fairly straight forward. It start around late morning.. and went all the way to late afternoon. No lunch provided. I had lot of fun going through the interview loop and learn about the company

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at SkyKick (Seattle, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

Got one whiteboarding question, and was given the option to write it out on a whiteboard or a laptop. That took about 20 minutes, and the rest of the interview consisted of questions about where I could see myself within the company.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at SkyKick.

Interview

Very detailed interviews with numerous current employees across several areas of the company. This enabled me to learn more about the company and the culture and I'm sure they used this as an opportunity to learn more about me. I appreciated the interviews, while it took a bit longer than one would like, it provided me the insight into the company and culture that made me feel extremely comfortable with my final decision.

Interview Questions

• For me it was a question about switch from a consultant/delivery/pre-sales guy to a full time Sales Executive   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pretty easy, asked for a few more dollars and got it and the executives were very easy to work with during this phase!

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SkyKick (Seattle, WA) in August 2018.

Interview

Applied through company website, Got quick reply from recruiter for initial review.
    Next -take home code challenge , which was typical problem.
    After that technical phone interview. Interviewer was asking random questions , there was no relation between 2 questions at one point interviewer mentioned there are so many tabs open :)

Interview Questions

• Are you still in contract with your previous company colleague (during technical phone interview)   Answer Question

Technical Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SkyKick in December 2013.

Interview

A former junior classmate of mine from college works for SkyKick, and highly recommended that I take a closer look at this company, and that I apply for an open position as a Technical Account Manager. I connected with one of the recruiters via LinkedIn, gave this person my resume, and set up an initial phone screening.

During the phone screening the interviewer seemed to be aggressive. The interviewer wanted to know why I wanted to change jobs, and wanted to make sure that I wasn't going to do the same at SkyKick a year later. I tried to ensure this person that I was looking to make a change in companies in order to find a better fit. I wanted a balance of convenient location, work/life balance, to be on a team of talented people, to gain leadership experience, and competitive compensation. In return I am dedicated, work hard, and focused on driving results from myself and others around me.

The interviewer immediately cornered me on salary and benefits before moving further. I made it clear that I was not comfortable talking about salary and compensation until I better understood the company, and if I felt I would be a good fit within their team. The interviewer literally responded "We don't put up with that here" as if they were saying "you are full of it, and you are trying to stall in order to negotiate salary later". The interviewer proceeded to stall questioning until I told this person what my salary expectations were, which I did not want to divulge at the time. I gave in and told this person what my compensation expectations were based on the job, location, and my qualities and experience as a candidate. They quickly responded by saying "we are simply not willing to pay within the range you are looking for". The interviewer went on to say that if I were to continue the interview process, I would have to be willing to accept a lower offer. This person then tried to sell me on the wonderful company culture and the stock options they offer. At this point I felt a bit frustrated and wanted to call the whole thing off, but I decided to give in and said that I would be willing to compromise. I then set up an in-person interview for the following day.

After thinking about it overnight, I called-off the interview and declined the position with this company. Too many red flags were apparent to me, especially the poor experience I had interacting with the recruiter. The bottom line was that I could not accept a reduction in compensation in order to work within this company. I simply felt that this company did not align with the values I was looking for in an organization.

Interview Questions

• "You have worked for your current company for a little over one year, how do I know that you will not quit and leave this company for another job a year from now?"   1 Answer

This company is not fully organized, and seem to try and hire people on for as little compensation as possible while trying to sell them on the dream of working for this company. I think this would be a great place to work for a graduating student, fresh out of college, however I think this company has some learning and growing to do before it can attract more seasoned professional talent.

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SkyKick (Seattle, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

Two phone interviews then onsite interview with five interviews back to back. Everybody told me I did well, but no offer in the end. No idea what went wrong.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SkyKick (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Unorganized and not sure what they want. Interview started 10 minutes late. interviewer (senior leadership) was on the road busy traveling. Poor representation of the company

Interview Questions

• Give me an example where you have done this at another company   Answer Question