Sleep Number Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

1. Featured Interview

Inbound Sales Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sleep Number Corporation (Minneapolis, MN) in November 2019.

Interview

Really quick process, informative and straight-up honest. phone interviewed with Rim, who is the absolutely best! in-person interview that was a few hours long but allowed me to truly understand the company. Interviewed with supervisor Phil, then manager Jesse and HR Kate. All were phenomenal and I'm so glad I work alongside these individuals.

Interview Questions

• They asked about the ability to handle high volume and meet sales quotas, all while providing a great experience.   Answer Question

Apr 24, 2020 – Director - Talent Acquisition

Thank you so much for leaving a review around your interview experience. It sounds like you had a chance to meet lots of future coworkers, and also learn more about the company. Congratulations and welcome to the team!

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sleep Number Corporation.

Interview

Applied online, got a request to phone screen a week later.

This is one of the worst experiences I've had even doing a prescreen. When I was setting up times to even do the phone screen, I had to speak to two different recruiters. No real information was given to me about who I would be speaking to but I assumed I would be talking to at least one of these recruiters if not both for a phone screen.

I spoke to neither, instead I spoke to what I assume was an engineer. The guy was saying a million things that were completely wrong and also quite rude. I didn't even know his name and wouldn't tell me when I asked him. When I asked him a few questions, he sounded like he didn't even want to answer them or gave out short 3 word answers without going further.

I don't even mind being rejected from the position, I wouldn't want to work here solely based off that experience. Good luck to anyone who does, you probably will regret it.

Sales Professional Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sleep Number Corporation.

Interview

Three interviews. First with a recruiter on the phone, second with store manager, last with district manager. Easy process generic behavioral questions. Background check required. Great process overall. No complaints.

Interview Questions

Sleep Number Corporation Response

Apr 24, 2020 – Director - Talent Acquisition

Thank you so much for leaving a review, and congratulations on joining the Sleep Number team! Sounds like you had a thorough interview process. We're glad you're here!

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Muskegon, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sleep Number Corporation (Muskegon, MI) in February 2020.

Interview

so far it has been great! A thorough explanation of the position, They were straight forward and asked me what my needs were along the way. We were able to communicate openly and express expectations and desires in the role.

Interview Questions

• There may be a time when you have to make difficult decisions pertaining to your team members, how do you handle those?   Answer Question

Apr 24, 2020 – Director - Talent Acquisition

Thanks for taking the time to interview with our team. I'm glad you were able to learn more about the opportunity and get any questions answered. Appreciate you sharing your experience!

Quality Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winnsboro, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sleep Number Corporation (Winnsboro, SC) in January 2020.

Interview

My experience very lighthearted. The recruiter was very interested in what I had to say. It was like catching up with a friend. I was nervous thinking about it, but when the time came I remembered to just be myself. Also utilized some tips that I learned. Like smiling. Even over the phone it makes you sound more approachable and lighthearted.

Interview Questions

Sleep Number Corporation Response

Apr 24, 2020 – Director - Talent Acquisition

I love to hear these interview tips - you're right about a smile going a long way! Appreciate you leaving us a review, and also interviewing with our team.

IT Hybrid (SleepIQ Labs) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sleep Number Corporation (San Jose, CA) in September 2019.

Interview

Phone interview with HR gate-keeper. Then Phone interview with a IT manager from parent corporation. Then 3 weeks later on-site interview with with the rest of the team..

Interview Questions

• Work experiences and situational. Was told this was heavy mac environment. Was ask not one single question on-site about mac OS specifics in a office situation. Nor was I asked any DevOPS questions that related to using a specific mac version of a specific software development tool chain.   1 Answer

HR Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sleep Number Corporation (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2019.

Interview

Interview process took more then 3 months. Interview was 2 hours with 5 different people. It was weird that 3 of the interviewers didn't know how to conduct an interview. I felt I did very well but when I was declined, they told me they went with someone internal. The recruiter told me that another position would be opening soon that would better fit for my HR experience. When that position opened I applied for it. I reached out to the recruiter as an FYI and days later she told the position was cancelled and that it might become open in Feb 2020. Bad experience considering they had ZERO intention of considering me and I firmly believe that I was used for their pipeline for EEO as an affirmative action candidate.

Interview Questions

Sleep Number Corporation Response

Dec 26, 2019 – Director - Talent Acquisition

Thank you so much for leaving us a review regarding your recent interview experience. It sounds like we have some room to improve our process. As I’m sure you know, the needs of the positions can change frequently, and it’s very common for us to find strong candidates who apply for one role but may be a great fit for other positions across our organization. That being said, our goal is to communicate with candidates regularly to ensure you understand where things are at in the process. I apologize if we didn't do that in your situation. I will be sharing your feedback with our hiring team to ensure we can improve going forward. Thank you again for the time spent interviewing with our team.

Sales Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pineville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sleep Number Corporation (Pineville, NC) in June 2019.

Interview

Spoke with the store manager. He started off by complimenting me on my resume, saying most people come in with 2-3 pages instead of just one. Asked the usual questions no one really cares about for a position like this, like why you're wanting to work specifically for Sleep Number and why they should choose you over other applicants. He then went on to tell me how difficult the job can be and that if you're not selling the products well, you'll be replaced. You know, stuff you love hearing when trying to get a job. I was hit with a good bit of negatives, such as the hours will suck and work-life balance isn't great. After all that he gave me a sheet of paper for some sort of quiz where he briefly explained some selling strategy and I had to emulate it. Again, stuff that's not important to the actual job. I then met the other two sales associates who spoke with me without the manager in the room. I was able to ask them any questions I had, but at that point the manager had already turned me off from the job so I didn't ask them much. Both of them gave off the vibe that they didn't want to be there so I was ready to go. After about a week I got an email from another Sleep Number location saying they would like me to come in for an interview with that manager, but after the negative experience at this location, I ignored it. Never got a denial email from the location I interviewed at.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Sleep Number?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work in sales?   Answer Question
    • What would you say is an expensive price for a mattress?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle a customer who seems interested in the product but is turned off by the price?   Answer Question

Dec 26, 2019 – Director - Talent Acquisition

Thank you so much for your feedback around your recent interview with our team. It sounds like you got a brief introduction to our selling process, but it seems like your onsite experience could have been improved. I've shared your feedback with the local leadership team and appreciate you spending the time interviewing. I wish you the best of luck in your job search.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sleep Number Corporation.

Interview

one phone interview and one in-person interview. The first round was just getting to know my background. The second interview was to talk to my manager. I showed my interest and talk about my past experience.

Interview Questions

Sleep Number Corporation Response

Feb 22, 2019 – Director - Talent Acquisition

Congratulations on accepting your offer and joining our team! I'm glad you were able to spend time with your manager, and share your background and experiences. Welcome to the Sleep Number team!

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sleep Number Corporation.

Interview

Interview process took 4 days once I did a phone interview I was asked to come in for a face to face interview the next day I went in got the job offer about two hours later I accepted the job offer started the job 3 weeks after

Interview Questions

Sleep Number Corporation Response

Dec 14, 2018 – Director - Talent Acquisition

Congratulations on joining our Customer Service team! I'm glad you were able to get through the interview process quickly, and that you had a positive experience. We lean on our customer service Representatives to provide a great experience to our customers and you'll be a valuable member of the team. Good luck in your new position and welcome to Sleep Number!