Smarsh Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 6, 2017

2.5

QA Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Smarsh (Boston, MA).

Interview

Have to complete an aptitude test which is pretty straight forward just make sure you answer all the questions in allocated time.

After that had a face to face I seem to be meeting with 7 people which felt bit too much. Boston office was small which bit of suprise to me with hand full of employees but employees were friendly.

Overall it went well there seemed lack of process which I mentioned I will help address. But they seemed to require things not mentioned as needed in job req so it ended up being a waste of time for me.

Interview Questions

• Explain some situations where you had to work with a challenging employee/direct report?   Answer Question
    • Explain what you will do in first 1 month of joining this company?   Answer Question

Customer Success Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Smarsh.

Interview

The interview process was pretty flawless. There were 3 steps that all moved pretty quickly. First two were phone calls, 3rd was an in person. The 1st interview was with HR and was great--very informational. The 2nd was with the manager, who only asked me two questions for the entire 45 minute conversation, which were "tell me about yourself" and "why did you leave your last job," which I found to be a little odd. She said that she liked to see what kinds of questions candidates come up with because it tells her a lot about the person. I could agree, but I've also interviewed people for years and can't see myself running an interview for a potential new hire that way. 3rd interview was in person and with two members of the team. It was very conversational and seemed to go very well. The TAP shook my hand at the end and said he'd get back to me as soon as he had feedback. That never happened. I clearly didn't get an offer, which is totally fine, but when you ask someone to devote 3 interviews and driving downtown/parking, a phone call letting the candidate know they didn't get it seems like a courteous thing to do. I had sent thank you notes to everyone I spoke with and emailed after a few weeks asking for an update. I can't see myself wanting to work for a company who see a process through completion like that. Even an automated email is better than nothing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Smarsh (Portland, OR) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online and the next day received an email inviting me to have a phone interview with the hiring manager. It was a 30 minute interview which was more like an informational session with them telling me about the job. I answered maybe a couple of questions mainly related to why I was interested in applying. At the end they said they'd have HR follow up for next steps. About a week later I received an email for an online 'aptitude' test that involved some math and logic questions and a 'personality' test. I received a confirmation for having completed the test, and never heard from them again. At the very least, send a rejection email. It's not that hard and goes a long way.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Smarsh (Portland, OR) in June 2017.

Interview

Within days of submitting my resume for the position, I received an email from a Smarsh Talent Acquisition Partner (TAP) requesting a phone screening. The phone screening occurred the following week, quickly followed by an invitation to take two online tests. The following week I had a phone interview with the hiring manager, and the week after that a panel interview. One week later I received a PHONE CALL from the TAP informing me that they had offered the role to another candidate who accepted it. The TAP even provided me feedback on my interview.
    I was extremely impressed with both the professionalism and timeliness throughout the process -- and awed by the compassionate phone call informing me that I didn't get the offer.

Portland, OR Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Smarsh in September 2016.

Interview

Unorganized is how I would describe my interview process. I was emailed by the recruiter asking for times we could setup a phone interview. 8 days later I followed up asking if he still wanted to connect by phone. Phone interview was scheduled 3 days after that. The recruiter was late to the call by almost 15 minutes.Then the job I applied for had "evolved" into another roll but I was still qualified. After the interview I was told that they wanted to move forward and bring me into the office. Never ever got back to me.

Data Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Smarsh (Portland, OR) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied on August 14 online. I was contacted the next day by Human Resources via email. He asked if I had some time to connect. We spoke later that day for about 30 minutes. He said I seemed like a good candidate. He mentioned the role might start as a contract role and that he wanted me to speak to a woman regarding the role as soon as possible. He said he would be contacting me to set up a conversation with her. He also sent me two assessment tests.

I completed the assessment tests later that day. Despite sending an email and following up via phone, I never heard back from the recruiter. I'm not sure if I bombed the assessments or if the job was cancelled or if they hired someone else. The communication just ended.

This seemed odd to go from being a candidate he was very interested in to no communication. Even if they chose someone else or did not like my answers to the assessment tests, some type of communication would have been nice.

Needless to say, I was very disappointed in the process.

Interview Questions

• General questions about my experience with various data sets.   Answer Question

Support Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Smarsh.

Interview

First call was to gather some general information on background and experiences. The follow up interview is in person with a few technical questions but mostly just an assessment of how well you can adapt and learn.

There is a third interview over the phone to assess how well you will fit in with the culture- its really just the final stretch and if you make it to this point you should be fine. Don't be worried if the process takes some time- it took almost three weeks for me.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Smarsh (Portland, OR).

Interview

Two phone interviews, followed by several in-person interview with peers and senior directors. All interviewers were smart and genuine. HR liaison was clear, helpful and responsive. The offices were brand new and impressive.

Interview Questions

• To discuss past projects related to expectations of the role.   Answer Question

Client Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Smarsh (Portland, OR) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted a few days later by HR for a phone interview. I was told I would hear back in a few days, but didn't hear back for two weeks. Was told the hiring manager was traveling. Finally heard back and was told they had selected a candidate with more tech experience.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time dealing with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Smarsh (Portland, OR) in May 2015.

Interview

Talent Acquisition manager calls in to understand the availability. Once you are available, there is a phone interview setup with the team for understanding your background. Then they call you for a face to face interview. Once through that you are asked about the salary and location, then u are offered a job.

Interview Questions

• They have lot of complex data issues, would be able to sort them out.   Answer Question