Smarsh Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Smarsh Interview Questions

2.8

Portland, OR Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Smarsh in September 2016.

Interview

Unorganized is how I would describe my interview process. I was emailed by the recruiter asking for times we could setup a phone interview. 8 days later I followed up asking if he still wanted to connect by phone. Phone interview was scheduled 3 days after that. The recruiter was late to the call by almost 15 minutes.Then the job I applied for had "evolved" into another roll but I was still qualified. After the interview I was told that they wanted to move forward and bring me into the office. Never ever got back to me.

Data Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Smarsh (Portland, OR) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied on August 14 online. I was contacted the next day by Human Resources via email. He asked if I had some time to connect. We spoke later that day for about 30 minutes. He said I seemed like a good candidate. He mentioned the role might start as a contract role and that he wanted me to speak to a woman regarding the role as soon as possible. He said he would be contacting me to set up a conversation with her. He also sent me two assessment tests.

I completed the assessment tests later that day. Despite sending an email and following up via phone, I never heard back from the recruiter. I'm not sure if I bombed the assessments or if the job was cancelled or if they hired someone else. The communication just ended.

This seemed odd to go from being a candidate he was very interested in to no communication. Even if they chose someone else or did not like my answers to the assessment tests, some type of communication would have been nice.

Needless to say, I was very disappointed in the process.

Interview Questions

• General questions about my experience with various data sets.   Answer Question

Support Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Smarsh.

Interview

First call was to gather some general information on background and experiences. The follow up interview is in person with a few technical questions but mostly just an assessment of how well you can adapt and learn.

There is a third interview over the phone to assess how well you will fit in with the culture- its really just the final stretch and if you make it to this point you should be fine. Don't be worried if the process takes some time- it took almost three weeks for me.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Smarsh (Portland, OR).

Interview

Two phone interviews, followed by several in-person interview with peers and senior directors. All interviewers were smart and genuine. HR liaison was clear, helpful and responsive. The offices were brand new and impressive.

Interview Questions

• To discuss past projects related to expectations of the role.   Answer Question

Client Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Smarsh (Portland, OR) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted a few days later by HR for a phone interview. I was told I would hear back in a few days, but didn't hear back for two weeks. Was told the hiring manager was traveling. Finally heard back and was told they had selected a candidate with more tech experience.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time dealing with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Smarsh (Portland, OR) in May 2015.

Interview

Talent Acquisition manager calls in to understand the availability. Once you are available, there is a phone interview setup with the team for understanding your background. Then they call you for a face to face interview. Once through that you are asked about the salary and location, then u are offered a job.

Interview Questions

• They have lot of complex data issues, would be able to sort them out.   Answer Question

Support Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Smarsh in November 2014.

Interview

Interview process was very standard and straightforward. Started with a 20-minute phone screening with an HR person, basic questions about experience and background. Second interview was on-site with the hiring manager and a member of a related team. They were very friendly and made a point of putting me at ease. The interview was relaxed, and the questions were all pretty standard: a mix of behavioral, technical, scenarios, etc. It seemed like they were looking for someone who would fit in with the company culture and existing team, as much as they were looking for skills and experience. I don't think it was a perfect match on either side of the table, but everyone there was very nice, and I actually enjoyed talking with the interviewers.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you won Powerball tomorrow?   1 Answer

Software Delivery Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Smarsh (Boston, MA) in October 2013.

Interview

So far, I've had one phone screen and one on-site. The phone screen included a few technical questions. The on-site was several two-on-one interviews. They ranged from meeting with architects, developers, and QA. No business people were included.

Most of the people there came from the same company. It really does have an "old boys club" feel.

The and people seem very nice so far.

Interview Questions

• None. The interview process has been pretty light.   1 Answer

Implementation Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Smarsh (Portland, OR) in October 2013.

Interview

I had two Interviews. One on the phone and the other was a face to face Interview. Had two people Interview me. Interview was ok , very friendly environment and the workers were friendly. They took the time to explain the objectives of the company and what their plans are for the future. It was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were exactly as expected. you just had to do your research about the company. if you are tech savvy, you should be fine.   1 Answer

Technical Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Smarsh (Atlanta, GA) in October 2013.

Interview

Completed 2 phone interviews and one face to face interview with a manager and support lead.