Smart & Final Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Smart & Final

2.0

Part Time Interview

Anonymous Employee in Murrieta, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Smart & Final (Murrieta, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

just answered questions the manager read from a piece of paper that were easy.

Negotiation

I was offered a position on Monday the 31st of 2014 and I signed paperwork for a background check and was sent down for a drug test. the manager said he would get the drug test back the next day and the background would take 3 days, the manager hopes to get the results before Saturday for orientation is Saturday. but I haven't heard back from them yet. does anyone know if smart n final will call back if they decide to hire or not to hire.

Any Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Smart & Final (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Short and to the point, he told me that he needed people that were willing to work hard and not people who were seeking a check. He made sure that I was a strong candidate for the position and proceed to go through the hiring process. It took me a month though until I was actually able to get through and go through this process with the manager,

Interview Questions

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Smart & Final (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

It went well. A 2 on 1 interview with questions like: walk me through your resume and current course work. They were nice. You should know about Smart & Final such as stock price, how many stores, and where they are located.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume, current course work, past experiences   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Smart & Final.

Interview

It was easy . Basic questions were asked . Like why do you want to work here and what my availability was. Was also told what the job was .

Anonymous Employee in Northridge, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Smart & Final (Northridge, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

Cattle call with a bunch of desperate people. They had you wait in a long lone for hours. You went from table to table answering questions. If they didn't like you they excused you.

Anonymous Employee in Moorpark, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Smart & Final (Moorpark, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Bring in resume and ask to speak with store manager on weekdays preferably between 9 am and 4 pm. They will have you fill out an application on the spot. Dress professionally. Smile. Be polite. Follow up. Smart and Final managers are extremely busy and often forget about their own employees, let alone applicants. Follow up, but don't be annoying.

Interview Questions

• There is not really any one difficult question in particular.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They start you off at 8.70 as a cashier. There is no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Smart & Final (Fresno, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

I heard the company was hiring so I went in filled out an application was given a tour of the store and was told I would be called to go to orientation. I was notified of orientation about 3 weeks later and went to my 8 hour orientation class and that was my hire date. I didn't have and interview I just was told at orientation that, that day was my hire date.

Interview Questions

• The 8 hour class was a bit much but there was no interview so this is all I could come up with regarding this question.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Commerce, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Smart & Final (Commerce, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

pretty easy going i had to sit with 3 people, the manager of the store the district manager and also i believe the person above the district manager. it was for a new store

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Smart & Final (Torrance, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Only couple common questions ask, why would I want to work for S&M and availability and gown much of a hard worker I am, and they want to know things about you you last job are u in school and what shifts are available for.

Interview Questions

• Why would I want to work for smart and finals   1 Answer

Negotiation

Just be yourself it's nothing hard out difficult if u show them your down for the company and willing go all in then u got it

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Commerce, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Smart & Final (Commerce, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Not good. The interviewer seemed discombobulated, unfocused and uninterested in interviewing me. People kept knocking on the conference room door, interrupting the interview process. The experience was a complete turn off.