What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "I have bee working as a cashier for 2 years and we have great customer service and hours are flexible." (in 35 reviews)
- "Good people and a decent company" (in 32 reviews)
- "Benefits are good." (in 26 reviews)
- "The customers are great and coworkers can be fun!" (in 19 reviews)
- "Employer has a flexible schedules." (in 13 reviews)
- "Bad Management across most stores" (in 44 reviews)
- "Low pay at entry level for very hard work" (in 43 reviews)
- "Low pay, managers are bad, and work can be exhausting" (in 21 reviews)
- "Favoritism is a big thing in this company, if you are not liked, most likely you will be fired unless you are really needed by the manager." (in 16 reviews)
- "No work life balance at all" (in 13 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Smart & Final and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Found 668 of over 711 reviews
Updated Sep 19, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 3.0Sep 12, 2023Retail Sales AssociateFormer Employee, less than 1 year
-employee discount (small but nice)
-pay, it wasn’t worth the money when I was lied to my face about not doing my job -scheduling, I worked all the way to night to immediately have to be up in 5 hours, it ruined my sleep
Smart & Final Reviews FAQs
Smart & Final has an overall rating of 3.3 out of 5, based on over 711 reviews left anonymously by employees. 52% of employees would recommend working at Smart & Final to a friend and 32% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.
52% of Smart & Final employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Smart & Final 3.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.2 for culture and values and 3.3 for career opportunities.