SmartStream Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SmartStream Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Jun 27, 2017

3.2

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SmartStream Technologies in January 2017.

Interview

Process was pretty simple. Firstly they will handover you a project to complete which you'll have to compete in limited time. Project requires intermediate knowledge of programming practices. If they are happy with your work you be asked for face to face interview divided in two part - first will be a questionnaire and a problem solution for a progam, in second phase you'll be asked about the project and further questions about it.

Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SmartStream Technologies (Mumbai (India)) in July 2016.

Interview

Interview process went through multiple levels right from Technical Architect to CTO. Each had its own flavour of questions and expectation was to come out with flying colors. There was a mixture of questions from various aspects of Software Development Life Cycle right from inception to delivery to maintenance.

Client Onbardoing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SmartStream Technologies (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied through a job portal.

The HR is really sweet and helpful.

One questionnaire had to filled up before I was called for interview.

The asked about my personal and professional background and basic concepts related to capital markets and fund accounting and general questions about financial markets.

The interviewers had clarity.

(I rejected as there was No Onsite)

Senior Java Developer Interview

Interview

Went in through an agency, reached there was made to sit in cabin and filled up form and gave the resume, after 10 minutes interviewer came in, and started asking some random core java questions, once I answered those , he told me to write a program on paper to read document file and find the occurences of a particular word in the document(he expected people to have this program byhearted) and if that was not enough he now wanted me to write a program to read a directory structure with multiple heirarchies and print the filename of the files present in the nested folders, (again he expected to have the code byhearted to write it on paper). Overall the experience was not good and shows the immaturity of the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Method overriding, methods of String class and Integer class   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SmartStream Technologies (Mumbai (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

The first round had all sorts of tricky memory related questions only on core java, and the program they ask is way too complicated which they expect people to remember by-heart and write on paper, if the expect candidates to write complex programs they should at-least provide system rather then paper, and even if you don't answer 2 out of a 50 questions you will not be selected.

Interview Questions

• Reverse string without using charAt() method or any loop?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SmartStream Technologies (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

Interview process is of 4 Rounds as below:
    1) Techinal Interview( Core Java for Developers And PL-Sql for Testers).
    2) Mangerial Round (Focuses on previously worked projects and understanding of certain techinal concepts and process).
    3) Dicussion with Country Head(Similar to an Hr round where you will get understanding of company).
    4) HR round.

Interview Questions

• How to create a Singleton Class having scope of application level(meanig that class object should be only 1 for all the users)?   Answer Question

Test Analyst, Testing, QA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SmartStream Technologies (Mumbai (India)) in October 2013.

Interview

My Interview was schedule by Akshada from DishaHR consultancy and Some guy named Ketan had taken my interview and he asked questions like:

1.Difference between primary key and unique key why one should use unique key if it allows
       only one null ?
    2.What is view ? how to create view and its advantages.
    3.Select the name of students who speaks specific languages from two tables using joins. Usage of Group by Clause.
    4.Name the student who has secured third highest marks using sub queries.
    5.Write program to sort the given numbers using any programming language.
    6.What is Test plan and it's contents?
    7.How to Mitigate the risk if your delivery would be delayed by several days?
    8.Difference between System and Functional Testing

Interview Questions

• Questions on Testing environment setup and deployment of Java Applications - HTTP service, Web Service, App service.   Answer Question

My current Company has decided to retain me with more hike :)

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SmartStream Technologies (Singapore (Singapore)) in October 2013.

Interview

I got this job through the campus connect, happened in the college.One interview for general HR and one was technical interview. The interview was quite easy, as they were looking for an entry level guy.

Interview Questions

• 1) What do you do when application is slow?
      2) What languages do you know?
      3) Can you travel?   Answer Question

QA Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SmartStream Technologies (Mumbai (India)) in September 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by Disha Consultant (Mahendra) in Mumbai and interview was scheduled in Smartstream Office in Andheri W Mumbai. I had visited this site for interview questions and question on SQL triggered my preparation for SQL which really helped. There were three rounds -

1. Technical Round - I was asked questions on my experience - QA Planning and Strategy, Risk and Issues management, SQL, Web Services Testing, Test Automation, Team Handling, and Client Interaction etc. Some questions are -

a) There are three fields on the UI and based on that there is another calculated filed gets populated. Depending on the value in the calculated field there is a color coding used Green, yellow and Red. How will you automate this testing?
    Ans. - I first said this is not a good candidate for automation as validating the color code will require more efforts in automation as compared to the value we achieve so we better manually test that. I went on explaining how it can be automated. My approach was to understand the algorithm - how the field is calculated and how colors are used. I took some examples - 0-1000 for green, 1001-5000 for yellow and more than 5001 for Red. Validate that the value is getting calculated correctly and read the HTML response to validate the RGB for Red, Yellow and Green

b) There were three tables given and I was asked to use joins to fetch specific information

c) Requirements are delivered 1 week late, how you will mitigate the risk. I recommended reassessing if we can still achieve the dates or Risk based testing to reprioritize the testing

d) There were questions on environment setup - HTTP service, App service, DB etc.

e) There were questions on automation frameworks - which frameworks have you worked on and how do you recommend a framework to any client - Keyword, Modular, Data driven etc.

2. 2nd round was probably with the Test lead - There were not many technical questions. However, very high level questions were asked such as given architecture (he drew an architecture indicating Browser, HTTP server, App Server, DB and Web service) and asked me how you will automate. He also asked me about automating an ecommerce website. In one of my response I said manual performance testing so he asked me how that is done and was also surprised to know that I have done manual performance testing (using stop watch) for one of my client. I was repeated asked a question why from services to product company and was tried to understand the culture difference.

3. Third round probably was some Sr. manager - he didn’t ask any technical questions. Most questions were around him trying to understand what I have done so far, what I am looking for and whether SS is my cup of tea.

Overall good experience, the interview process is not tough. I think one needs to be calm and confident to crack SS interview process.

Interview Questions

• In my second round I was asked if logical thinking is important for a tester. I said yes and then I was given the following question -

Which of the following is most likely to be incorrect?

1. John works in a bank and john likes cricket
      2. John reads a book
      3. John likes football and john works in a bank
      4. John plays golf and john swims
      5. None of the above   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at SmartStream Technologies in June 2013.

Interview

It wasn't a long affair like the other companies where they keep you waiting for hours, got done with multiple rounds in a span of an hour, there were couple of rounds initially on functional skills followed by soft skill and later final discussion on compensation

Interview Questions

• Why smartstream after working for big MNC's throughout the career ?   Answer Question