Smile Direct Club Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Dental Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Smile Direct Club (Chicago, IL) in December 2018.

Interview

Quick interview , very detail oriented make sure you ask Questions & have good questions to ask . Not your usual dental assistant position this is a sales job! Very easy but it’s not much of a clinical role. The overall all experience was great. I enjoyed it.

Interview Questions

Smile Direct Club Response

Apr 5, 2019 – TA Director

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us as we strive to provide a best in class candidate experience! We value every piece of feedback we receive and we know it takes time out of your busy day to... More

Patient Care Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Smile Direct Club.

Interview

There was a preliminary phone interview followed by a 45 min f2f. Standard questions included resume review and asked how I would describe myself. It was very conversational and not terribly formal.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a problem in the past at work with a customer.   Answer Question

Sep 14, 2016 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback on the interview process at SmileDirectClub. We are always looking to improve the experience for candidates applying for a position with us. Welcome!

Patient Care Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Smile Direct Club (Nashville, TN) in March 2016.

Interview

Two members of Management asked standard interview questions and answered my questions about the company. The interview was pleasant and standard. The questions covered both past experience and what my future goals are. I showed up an hour early but they were kind and accommodating.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I was comfortable in a fast paced start up environment.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Smile Direct Club (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

very easy and quick opportunity I came in during grand opening week and there was coffee was excited because I myself was using there product. Things where great at first till I realized how thing are handled there people drop like flys there be weary of how thing are presented its all lies

Interview Questions

• would you be ok with cleaning the bath room?   1 Answer

Jan 26, 2017 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that your experience working at SmileDirectClub was not a positive one. Our SmileShop locations were all brand new for 2016 and we continue to work... More

Junior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Smile Direct Club (Nashville, TN) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview went well, but I don't recall all of the steps. Basically, I met with several people in the company as well as my main interviewers. I met the CEO on the first day as well as the CIO. Both were very friendly, and we hit it off pretty quickly. My interviewers were very nice and accommodating. I was nervous, but they seemed welcoming and were easy to talk to. We talked a lot about JavaScript and style/markup related topics. They were trying to feel me out as a front-end engineer. I was given a very good feeling by the end that it went well, and I was given an offer letter a couple of days later.

Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Smile Direct Club (Nashville, TN) in February 2017.

Interview

There are a few interviews. friendly, was quick, but solid. It was not pressured or fake. Human Resources team was happy, communication via email was great. You will receive five short answer questions that are situational based on your experience and how you handle certain situations.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Smile Direct Club (Nashville, TN).

Interview

The most disorganized recruitment process ever. Severe lack of communication. At one point, the manager interviewing me wasn't even interviewing me for the right position. Complete waste of time that they try to mask as an "intensive hiring process".

Interview Questions

• How do you handle abrupt changes or discourse when working on a project?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Smile Direct Club (Nashville, TN) in January 2018.

Interview

- A few emails with the technical recruiter
    - Then phone call with my manager (semi-technical)
    - Then completed a code challenge on my own (not supervised, no time limit). It was very easy, although we changing the process to make it more difficult.
    - Then a 1 hour in person interview with senior developers and architects. Asked lots of technical questions, but no trick questions and no code on the whiteboard.
    - Then my references were reviewed.

The process is very easy if you are very good, but impossible if you aren't well qualified.

Interview Questions

• Describe the pros and cons of using asynchronous messaging (such as AMQP) vs. HTTP requests.   1 Answer

Talent Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Smile Direct Club (Nashville, TN) in March 2016.

Interview

I reached out to someone at the company and expressed an interest in joining the company if they had a need for someone with my experience. My resume was provided to the VP of Human Capital. I met with two members of the leadership team and had the opportunity to learn more about the company and their needs in the area of Talent Acquisition. It is a growing company and they need people that can hit the ground running as a new employee. I was offered a position within a few days.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to learn about my experience with a start up or quickly growing company. They also wanted to know about my work ethic due to the amount of growth that they are anticipating.   Answer Question

Help Desk Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Smile Direct Club (Nashville, TN) in March 2017.

Interview

Interview was great. A lot of information was given about the company and they were fully open to me asking questions. They clearly defined what they needed from an employee and exactly what my role in the company would be.

Interview Questions

Smile Direct Club Response

Jul 3, 2017 – Director, Human Capital

We are happy to have you as part of the team. Welcome!

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Smile Direct Club (Nashville, TN) in May 2017.

Interview

I had two phone interviews (one with HR and another with Controller), an in-person interview with the CFO and Controller, references check, and background check, all over the course of about a month. At the end of the process, the 3rd party recruiter let me know that SDC would not be giving me an offer due to “my lack of experience”, and that SDC told him to let me know. My guess is that they liked someone else better than me, and that person accepted. That’s all part of it, but I felt like it was a bit unusual to go through the process of a background check if SDC was not committed to making an offer. I also thought it was weird that they did not contact me directly to let me know their decision, especially given the long duration of the process and the large amount of time and money I had sacrificed as part of the process. Abruptly cutting off contact with me also seemed a bit shortsighted given that they are in a rapid growth phase right now, have had trouble finding accountants (from what they told me), and are likely to need more accountants in the near future. They also were trying to find a staff accountant, in addition to the senior accountant position I was interviewing for, and I actually would have been open to the idea of taking the staff accountant position just to get my foot in the door, had it been brought up to me.
        However, despite some of the warning signs that this process revealed to me, the company seems like a cool place to work, with a lot of youth and energy. The Controller and CFO both seem very smart, and the other accountant I talked to also seemed smart and easy going. Based off some of the reviews on Glassdoor, it seems like there are some definite growing pains at the company right now, but that is probably to be expected at a startup. It’s definitely not a company without risks, but it does seem like an exciting place to go if you’re an accountant who is seeking something different and less traditional than your typical “safe” accounting jobs. Just be prepared for a long interview process, and don’t put all your eggs in the SDC basket, because you may wind up not getting an offer in the end, despite all signs to the contrary.

Interview Questions

• One thing to be prepared for is the Excel test they may give you. The first part is super easy, but the second part requires you to input financial formulas (most with at least four or five arguments), and it does NOT give you the syntax of the formulas. You also only have two attempts to get each question right, so you can't do trial and error like you might expect. I don't know if the person who designed this Excel test is sadistic or just out of touch, but no normal person with average Excel skills would be able to perform well on this test without memorizing all the financial formulas and their syntax by heart beforehand. I would hope that SDC will address this, but you should be prepared just in case (i.e., memorize all the financial formulas with syntax).   1 Answer

Jun 19, 2017 – Director, Human Capital

Thank you for interviewing with us and for taking the time to interview. We always appreciate feedback as it helps us as we continue to grow. We wish you the best of luck in your career search.