Smile Direct Club Senior Software Engineer - .NET Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Senior Software Engineer - .NET

Smile Direct Club Senior Software Engineer - .NET Interview Questions

Interviews at Smile Direct Club

1 Interview Review

Senior Software Engineer - .NET Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Smile Direct Club (Nashville, TN) in January 2019.

Interview

Very normal interview process. Phone screen, short take-home project, then in-person rounds with management and developers. Everyone was friendly and it seemed like a great company.

However, I want to share something that soured the experience. At the end of the interview I received positive feedback and I personally felt good about the company. A week or so later, I heard from my recruiter (internal at SmileDirectClub) that the company decided they would like to give me an offer. They had even decided on the amount to offer me.

Before they could share their offer, they required me to share a current paystub or W-2 as proof of my current salary. In some jurisdictions this is illegal. To the best of my knowledge, it wasn't illegal in mine. I decided to refuse and asked SmileDirectClub to share their offer anyway. At this point, they walked away from neogtiations.

The recruiter says this is standard procedure for all candidates. So to any other SmileDirectClub interviewers, be ready for this tactic. Had I known negotiations would fall apart so easily, I wouldn't have wasted my time.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were very standard. Getting to know me, getting to know my technical skills.   1 Answer