SmithGroup Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SmithGroup Interview Questions

Interviews at SmithGroup

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SmithGroup (Detroit, MI) in April 2016.

Interview

The process was very straightforward. Nice and welcoming people who didn't make me feel intimidated. One thing that could've been done better was including information on parking. I had never been to Detroit before and couldn't find decent information on parking. After waiting in the reception area, I was brought to a small conference room and the interview was conducted with a principal and associate.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SmithGroup (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

The interview was pretty chill, two principles listened to me introduced my portfolio, asked me questions and gave me some advice. They also asked me what I did in the previous internship.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at SmithGroup (Washington, DC) in August 2017.

Interview

Vey smooth and informal. Everyone was extra respectful and very friendly. I still have not heard back from them and it has been a week. I really liked everyone there and I hope I will get an offer soon. They hire a lot of interns from my university.

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SmithGroup (Madison, WI) in February 2019.

Interview

The process was very simple and pleasant. It was a video conference style interview where I was sent a link from HR. I interviewed with two architects for 30 min who were very nice! The questions were not difficult (no trick questions) and it seemed like they genuinely wanted to get to know about you and your design process. Then, I heard back about two weeks later and did not get an offer due to not having the capacity to hire another intern. Then, about a month later they reached out to me and offered me an interior design internship for the summer!

Interview Questions

• How did you come up with the concept to you design? (we went over 1 of my projects)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SmithGroup (Washington, DC).

Interview

SmithGroupJJR selected a number of different candidates at our university. They seemed to choose people with heavy Revit and construction document experience. I only had one interview with them; I was not selected for a second interview. The interviewer was very engaging, friendly, and talkative. The interview was very much a conversation. He responded to my later questions through email and generously followed up with me in a couple months.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SmithGroup (Washington, DC) in April 2011.

Interview

Great interview process, the interviewer was timely and considerate. Asked relevant questions and was good about answering my questions. Overall, I learned what to expect from the experience of an internship at the company, and the results of the position were very similar.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SmithGroup (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2018.

Interview

Before a position can be filled, it must be identified as available. Positions are either newly formed or recently vacated. In either case, the hiring staff should meet to generate a prioritized list of job requirements including special qualifications, characteristics, and experience wanted from a candidate.

Intern Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SmithGroup (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2013.

Interview

Initial phone interview with HR department, then got called for an interview at the office with the architecture managers. Just common questions, what I did at my past jobs, what they do at their office, how they work, ending with a tour of the office. Very nice office in downtown Phoenix.

Interview Questions

• Some of the questions: What do you ultimately want to do in your architectural practice? Why SmithGroup? etc.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SmithGroup in April 2015.

Interview

Submitted a resume online and was contacted the following week for an interview at one of their offices. The interview was mainly behavioral and each interviewer had a list of questions from which they read off of. Despite having a pleasant interview experience, I never received a response back from the company, even with several follow-up emails.

Interview Questions

• Describe one of your classes and why you did not enjoy it.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at SmithGroup.

Interview

Received an email requesting an interview soon after I applied. Talked with the HR manager on the phone to schedule an interview date and time. The interview was about 1 hour long with all the marketing team members in a circle. Very conversational. They went over the qualifications and the requirements that they ask of their interns. Also looked over the potential schedule to clarify hours being worked.

Interview Questions

• Asked a lot of questions about my prior experience and how that would fit well working with the company.   Answer Question