Smiths Detection Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 29, 2017

2.5

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Smiths Detection (Baltimore, MD) in February 2017.

Interview

Initial phone interview with recruiter, Second phone interview with another recruiter. Third phone interview with hiring manager, company then flew me Maryland for a 45 min panel interview with 6 managers. After the interview in person the hiring manager stated they would get back to me within 2 weeks either way. I contacted them 3 weeks later, 4 weeks later 7 weeks later and recruiter stated they still havent made a decision. I still haven't heard back from them. On top of that, they flew me there but I needed to pay for Hotel, car and meals, then submit reimbursement forms. No reimbursement 8 week later. I gave up and told them to keep the money. Management is very indecisive, unprofessional and poor leadership from my experience. Others commented with the same opinion, but I didnt want to believe a staff could be that bad, but it is. Recruiting team and accounts payable really isn't that much better, so obviously this is the way the CEO wants his company directed. I really believe this would be a good place to work based on the importance of their products to the safety of Americans. But I don't believe that the people running the company, or its management team have the same feelings.

Interview Questions

• How would I address an employee that doesnt work well with a team.   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Smiths Detection.

Interview

An initial phone interview with a recruiter followed by additional phone interviews with the hiring manager and multiple stakeholders. This was followed by an onsite interview in a group setting and then an offer a few weeks later. All in all the process took about 8 weeks. The questions were fairly technical and focused around the particular role but the interviews were very conversational and congenial.

Product Specialist Interview

Interview

Lots of technical questions, customer service and problem solving

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edgewood, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Smiths Detection (Edgewood, MD) in September 2013.

Interview

At first, phone interview followed by in person interview. I was found on linkedin by a recruiter offering me the position. The process was rather lengthy due to the type of work I would be doing. I was asked both customer and technical questions regarding how well i handle tough situations

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Middletown, RI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Smiths Detection (Middletown, RI) in August 2010.

Interview

Contacted by recruiting agency. Process took about 1 month. 1 phone interview and 2 in person. It wasn't a very difficult process. Everyone was very nice. HR had to check on the answer to a lot of questions with the corporate headquarters.

Interview Questions

• If a component piece of software is not properly invoked on a certain server, what could be the problem?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation phase. Offer made with no wiggle room.

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alcoa, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Smiths Detection (Alcoa, TN) in January 2009.

Interview

use a recruiter

Interview Questions

Negotiation

used a recruiter - they made a take it or leave it offer

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Smiths Detection.

Interview

I had a phone interview first. One face to face interview where I had to use a computer to show sap knowledge. Met with HR. The interview process was easy and straightforward as contract position

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Smiths Detection (Mississauga, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I have gotten a phone call from Cadre recruitment company about a position. Skype interview with Cadre agent. Next day a phone interview with Jeff manager of the software. I got invitation for in person interview. Smiths did not pay for the visit. I came the whole way from Montreal. I went to Smiths and Jeff came with another engineer who looked like he never saw my CV before. He looked through the CV for a few minutes then said: "Oh, you have experience with CAN2 bus?!" I said that i had and explain what kind of experience I had. He mentioned: That's great! I have no more questions! Jeff said that he already asked all the questions on the phone. The whole process took about 10 minutes. For this I came the whole way from Montreal. What the heck?

R&D Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Smiths Detection (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in September 2012.

Interview

1. Telephone interview with HR; 2. In person interview with hiring manager; 3. In person interview with Senior Engineer and Project Manager; 4. In person interview with VP Engineering.

The most challenging interview was with hiring manager. There were touch and detail technical questions with multiple "why" after my answers until I said "I don't have an answer for it". The interview proceeded in a professional way.

Interview Questions

• What is the thermal properties of this particular plastics   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Smiths Detection in August 2009.

Interview

Standard interview with manager and technical person

Interview Questions

• Some technical questions and a lot about my experience, past work etc.   Answer Question