Snap Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Snap Interview Questions

Updated Jan 14, 2018

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Snap in December 2017.

Interview

This was plain retarded and a complete waste of time. I still can not understand why the interviewer would reject me. The question was incredibly straightforward. I was very clear with my answers. I had one hiccup when my indices were off by 1. But in the end, the interviewer said that the algorithm is perfect. It was as optimal as it can get. I ran it on a couple of test cases. They never judged me based on my personality, so I don't understand what else they were looking at. It was two college graduates who were more confused than I was. I think Snap really needs to reevaluate it's hiring process. I was looking forward to my next stage.

Interview Questions

• Remove duplicates in an array within k range   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Snap.

Interview

I was impressed with the level of engagement and genuine interest of Snap’s recruiting team. They ultimately decided not to procede, however, they kept me informed the entire time and cared enough to give me some feedback. The one negative is that it took 3 weeks for them to say no and they kept me hopeful even though the interview didn’t go well. After two weeks they emailed me asking me to hang, so I put everything on hold and missed out on an offer for a job that pays considerably more than the job I ended up taking.

Content Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Snap.

Interview

I found the job on Snapchat's website and applied online over the weekend. On Monday, I received an email asking for an interview on Tuesday. We did a video Interview for about 30 minutes. They then decided whether or not to offer me the job.

Interview Questions

• What makes Snapchat different from television and newspapers?   Answer Question
    • What is you favorite Snapchat story in the past couple of weeks?   Answer Question
    • Which current story in politics is relevant and should be featured? (know your current events!)   Answer Question

Android Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Snap.

Interview

Phone screen was fine and standard interview with codepad problem. But on site was awkward as you had to solve non-standard coding problems in less than 30 min and make all unit tests pass. The interviewers were not helpful.

Android Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Venice, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Snap (Venice, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

I was referred by a friend who was in the interview process. Had a quick chat with the hiring manager and then scheduled the phone screen. The phone screen was an hour long and focused on fundamental data structure and algorithm understanding. Two hours after the phone screen, I was invited to come on site. The on site interview was pretty standard - 4, one-hour long interviews that covered overall system design, Android specific topics, and general data structures/algorithms. I hadn't been feeling well that day and by the end of the day was dragging pretty bad; my final interview was pretty rough but that was nobody's fault.

The only complaint I have is that finding the lobby could certainly be easier. It's tucked back in a group of unmarked bungalows; maybe if they could have someone standing out on the street or on the boardwalk to meet you it'd make that a bit easier.

Interview Questions

• General understanding of data structures - be familiar with linked lists, trees, sorting, etc.   Answer Question

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Snap (West Lafayette, IN).

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter over email. After scheduling the interview, the canceled the interview 2 days before the actual interview. This is highly
    unprofessional, I wanted to work for them, but after this I'm not so sure.

Systems Analyst Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Snap.

Interview

They were quick to get you onsite But the reception is terrible.
    Once I reached the building I was told to in the email, I was surprised to see The office needed a key card to access and no receptionist I could reach for help. Luckily while I was wondering around I saw the building manager who keyed me in . The restrooms had key codes and I had to tailgate someone to use it.

Felt it was just a waste of my time to come onsite, I think I got the reason why Snapchat will never become as good as Facebook.

Legal Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Snap (San Jose, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

I was so impressed the recruiter actually kept me updated on the status and even though I wasn’t chosen she wrote to tell me. If only all recruiters could be so kind it would make a huge difference. You know like actually treat candidates like human beings? I see you Madeline!

Data Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Snap in October 2017.

Interview

The interviewer spent 40 mins discussing my resume and the work i did in my current job and last one. Ideally you expect questions on Data Modeling and SQL intensive interview with easy programming interview questions thrown in.

Interview Questions

• Design Math library for very large intergers (only subtract function since there wasn't much time left)   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Was contacted randomly by a recruiter via email for a skype interview. It was an hour long skype and coding interview. I was then invited for another skype and coding interview. After the second interview, I was told I was not a good fit for the roll

Interview Questions

• object oriented programming questions and algorithm questions.   Answer Question