Snap Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Snap Interview Questions

Updated May 21, 2018

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Snap.

Interview

A recruiter emailed me and set up an initial call. I was interested to hear more and went through a call with the hiring manager. Then, they invited me to come onsite to meet one sales pod lead and two sales directors. I had a final call/round with the head of sales.

Interview Questions

• The interview followed a similar style to other companies. Topics included my interest in becoming part of the team, along with behavioral and hypothetical scenario sales questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Snap (Santa Monica, CA).

Interview

Interview process was about a month. I had 3 calls before on site. In person interview was with 3 people, 30 min each. Everyone I spoke to was warm, friendly and smart. The recruiter was responsive through the entire process.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Snap (Seattle, WA) in April 2018.

Interview

The interview questions is a hard-level question in leetcode but not unsolvable. The interviewer almost not talkign the entire time showing no interest of the candidate. After solving the problem, the interviewer doesn't ask to run the code but instead asking if have any question for him so he can finish the interview even when there's still time left for the interview.

Get a response within two days saying they don't find a match for the position. This seems to be the same experience for many others in the last few months after Snap went to IPO, especially as they start the laying off process.

The advice is don't apply for snapchat if you have other opportunities. They intend to ask the hard-level question and not intend to really hire generic engineer unless you are a special need for them. I have heard from an internal engineer that their recruiter has asked them to make the question harder so they have a better reason to reject the candidate. Overall, an awful company to apply.

Interview Questions

• You don't have to run your code and you can stop now, do you have any question for me before we end this interview?   1 Answer

Editorial Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Snap (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter about a job that matched my experience. Received editorial guidelines and completed an editing test. Heard back the next day that they wanted to meet me. Showed up at Playa Del Rey office a few days later for the interview, which is where it got strange.

Arrived 15 minutes early, got a call from the recruiter telling me the interviewer had the time wrong and had expected me 15 min ago, but it was okay so I should just go in. I did and still waited 15 minutes before the interviewer came out to meet me. We went to a conference room and sat down. Interviewer asked me 2-3 questions that made me wonder if they'd looked at my resume. Seemed surprised when I said I used the app personally but didn't ask me if I had any professional experience creating for Snapchat, which I do. Then asked me if I had any questions. I had a few, regarding how the editorial process at Snap works and other things. After I had asked a few questions, interviewer asked if I had any more. I said I was good and they thanked me for coming in. Whole process took barely 20 minutes and I walked about kind of wondering why I bothered. It was a position for which I was uniquely qualified but I can't help but conclude that I was the victim of ageism (I'm a Generation Xer). It'd be one thing if their market share/stock were going up instead of declining. Perhaps they'd benefit from having more people with experience around?

Interview Questions

• So what have you been doing lately?

Are you more a writer or an editor?

Do you use Snapchat?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

The recruiter reached out to me about a position and I responded back on when I would be available. No response from her and after a week I followed up again. Still no response and don't understand why a recruiter would reach out to you and then ghost you without ever talking to you.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Snap (New York, NY) in March 2018.

Interview

EVIL EVIL EVIL

Dont waste your time to be interviewed in Snap Inc. They called me for the first telephone interview and asked me to solve 2 task. First task to understand and tell the interviewer the logic of a provided code. which is simply a token replacer. and the 2nd one is to write a code with your preferred language. which is nothing but to print each word sorted by their frequency in a string. I finished way before time and the interviewer said "You finished so early". For me like what the hack.

Then 2 days after I got email from the snap recruiter saying "You demonstrated several strengths, but we feel that there is not a perfect match for the qualities sought in the Senior Software Engineer, role at Snap Inc. Although it is understandable that you may desire feedback, we are unable to provide recommendations or details regarding specific interview outcomes."

No desire to provide feedback! A complete waste of time!

Interview Questions

• Sample code which you need to tell what that code is doing   Answer Question

Information Security Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Snap.

Interview

Chat with a recruiter then a technical phone screen. The technical interview was over video chat, where the interviewer briefly introduced themselves , then proceeded to the coding question. The coding part was very awkward since the interviewer never said a single word the whole time - not sure why this was not a HackerOne assignment instead.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Snap (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

60 min coding challenge, pretty easy. Followed by two video chat interviews. Snap was very quick to respond--very efficient and smooth process. The video chats both started with a little background on the engineer as well as myself (tell me about a project etc.). Last 5 min was left for questions for the engineer.

Interview Questions

• search list type of question, create a data structure to best support certain methods.   Answer Question

Front End Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Snap (Seattle, WA) in February 2018.

Interview

The first recruiter interview was pretty standard and painless. Basic questions about my experience with software (specifically front end), what I was looking for in a company, and specifically why Snap Inc. Then the first software interview was pretty straightforward as well. It was a google video call with one of their back end developers and we used hackerrank to code collab. He asked me to build some simple html elements with some javascript functionality (and he allowed me to import/use any libraries I wanted, as well as look up syntax stuff). Apparently he must have not liked my method, because I didn't get past the initial software interview.

Interview Questions

• Build a series of progress bars that load one after another.   Answer Question

IOS Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Snap (San Francisco, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

I applied at Snapchat and interviewed via Google Hangouts. I interviewed via Google hangouts. I got every question correct, except for the coding portion where the outcome was to remove 2 return statements and move a comparison operation in front of the base case. My interviewer did not seem to understand very basic CS concepts and I explained to the interviewer that Linked Lists are faster for insertions and removals after he admitted to me that didn’t remember what the merit of using a Linked List was or when to use one.

I went above and beyond in explaining the questions and how they related to concepts that I knew outside of what I was asked. So because of that I was told that I gave a sufficient answer during the coding portion, though I was told that it might be good to debug the solution while I was talking to him. I answered their questions very well and explained my thought process and followed the interview process closely, so I didn't see much room for improvement, yet I was still rejected when because I was not "a perfect match in the qualities sought in the iOS Engineering position", which I do not understand at all based on my performance.

Interview Questions

• Write a function to calculate the height of a binary tree. What are the merits of using an Array List vs a Linked List? How would you implement Merge Sort and Quick Sort? What are their time complexities?   1 Answer