Snap Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Snap Interview Questions

Interviews at Snap

1. Featured Interview

SWE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Snap (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2019.

Interview

HR Behavioral Screen (30min)
    - Talk about your background, why you want to apply, general screening to make sure you're not a robot

Phone Coding Interview (1 Hour)
    - 10-15min talk about past work, be ready to deep dive into technical details
    - Medium/hard coding question (mine was about caches)

Onsite (4 coding interviews, 1 lunch Interview (system design I think))
    - really enjoyed these, everyone on the team is super smart and friendly.
    - Graph/String/Array/DP questions + 10-15minute per coding interview to do some behavioral.

I interviewed at Snap in Toronto (Bitmoji office)

I interviewed at snap last week in Toronto. Everyone was super pleasant, and professional. The process was smooth and I was completely aware of where I was in the interview process at all times, and team got back to me any time I had any questions.

Unfortunately, I stumbled under interview pressure and did not pass the bar. The questions were a range of maybe LC mediums and hards - all were ones I had not seen before in practice, but could be reasonably solved if you had good general problem solving skills and worked with your interviewer. I brute forced one, and did not get optimal solutions for another. However, was super impressed by everyone. Hopefully can reapply in a couple months after I brush up on my skills since I know this is a place I would want to work at.

IOS Engineer Perceptions Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Snap.

Interview

Applied online. Recruiter reached out to set up a time. 1 hour video call phone screen. Received a rejection email 2 days after the phone screen. Basic software engineering interview, interviewer seemed preoccupied halfway through and was answering slack messages (could hear the sound)

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Snap.

Interview

Got in contact with a recruiter about 4 weeks ago to begin the process. Standard recruiter call then technical phone screen. 3 weeks ago they said feedback was great and will reach out soon to schedule a second technical. A week after I followed up and got a response saying that they will send an invite to submit availability that week.
    It has been 2 weeks since then and have yet to get any word.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Snap.

Interview

There was a set of 3 interviews that seemed very friendly and more like a conversation. After the final interview I was told to hear back but only to hear I did not get the position, and would not be getting feedback.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Snap.   4 Answers

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Snap (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2020.

Interview

One recruiter call, one PM screen, onsite interview with 4 PMs and 1 eng and the hiring manager call after the interview.
    I passed the onsite and failed the final hiring manager call. During the call I mentioned that I (he/him) would be moving because my partner (he/him) has to move, which surprised the hiring manager who then abruptly stopped the call.
    Recruiter reached out the next day saying the team wouldn't be moving forward with me. I asked for specific feedback and they didn't give me one.
    Learning that the company doesn't even release their diversity report, I'm not really surprised they wouldn't want an LGBTQ member.

Machine Learning Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Snap (New York, NY) in June 2020.

Interview

The interviewer was nice and easygoing. It was a very enjoyable conversation. I was asked one technical (coding) question and the interviewer helped me to solve it out when I got stuck. However, it still took me some time to figure it out.

Interview Questions

• What is the most challenging project you have worked on?
      Print the content in a string in order based on the occurrence and alphabets.   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Snap (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2020.

Interview

Got contacted by a recruiter and set an interview date 5 days later. Had 2 virtual technical interviews with 2 engineers(one conducting, 1 observing) for each. Both 1 hour long, no breaks, although promised one. I only got asked my tech background in the first one and about me in the second one(yes, that's it). Used hackerrank.com to code.

The first coding question was a mess, the recruiter couldn't even explain himself properly and didn't understand c++ although that was the full list of requirements for the job. The second interview part was amazing. The person conducting was very professional and answered all my questions thoroughly.

I wasn't able to finish the first coding question due to the extreme confusion but I completed the second.

2 days later, I got an email saying they were not giving me an offer and I shouldn't ask for feedback because they wouldn't give me any.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Snap.

Interview

I had a video interview which was technical. It was a good experience. Must have a good understanding of data structures. It was a one hour interview. It started of with introductions and projects and ended with coding.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to solve the problem using hash set.   3 Answers

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Snap (New York, NY).

Interview

I was asked two questions, one question is about doing a simple debug, and the other question is about word frequency, I solved them efficiently and in a short time. After two days, recruiter told me I did not fit in the role!
    It was a complete waste of time, I do not recommend anyone to go in this negative experience.

Message to Snap Management: Fix your interview process, otherwise, you will not have a chance to have good engineers in the future.

Interview Questions

• Word frequency trivial question!   2 Answers

Intern Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Snap.

Interview

It was a very bad interview because the interviewer was unprepared and did not even look at my resume beforehand. He came off uninterested and I did not appreciate the length or the content of the interview.

Production Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Snap.

Interview

got an email to set up a video chat interview a few days after i applied. interviewed with a head of the department that i was applying for. did not go through initial HR person. long wait to hear back after initial interview.