Snap Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 3, 2018

Sort:

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Venice, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Snap (Venice, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Called by a recruiter for a brief phone screen interview. Then a formal phone interview was scheduled followed by an in person/on-site interview. The interview process was lengthy but the HR/Recruitment staff was very responsive when I was looking for an update. They kept me informed and took the time call to inform me of their decision when it was time. Everyone I interviewed with was very professional and polite.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage multiple projects/tasks?   1 Answer

Junior Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Snap in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online and I got an Email confirming that they would want to move forward with me. The first round was a one-hour google hangout interview. The interviewer was friendly and asked me a few questions from my resume and my academic projects. And later moved on to coding challenge. He asked me Restore IP Address question from Leetcode which I didn't do well.

Interview Questions

• Restore IP Address question from Leetcode.
      General questions from my resume like the stuff that I mentioned in my resume.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Snap in May 2015.

Interview

Typical phone screening. Took some time to get started because of some technical issues on their end, but other than that pretty regular. Nothing out of the ordinary from big software companies. Interview was conducted over Google Hangout. There were some connection issues on their end, but were cleared up after a little while.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Snap in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online and recruiter scheduled the phone interview.
    It was 1:1 phone interview.
    They use live coding envirnoment and after you complete
    the code they compile and run the code against their test cases.

Anonymous Employee in Venice, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Snap (Venice, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online and the HR scheduled a skype session with one of their engineers. The interviewer seemed very happy to work there. The interview involved a coding question involving data structures. After that, I was invited for a full day of onsite interviews. The interviewers were very nice and helped me understand Snapchat from their perspective. I had 3 coding interviews and a design round. The coding interviews were focussed on implementing working solutions in an IDE on laptop. Overall, I enjoyed the interview process.

Anonymous Employee in Venice, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Snap (Venice, CA).

Interview

I had a technical interview over google hangout then 4 technical on-site interviews + lunch. Everyone was very nice and passionate about Snapchat and the stuff they were working on. We shared some laughs and wrote some code. I liked that I could implement and debug the solutions on my laptop using intelliJ rather than on a whiteboard, which was much more comfortable and realistic. Even got a little goodie bag from the recruiting team. Nice touch

Interview Questions

• Typical coding and design questions. Implement real working solutions on laptop   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Snap (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

interviewed senior yr of college. two interviews on campus and was asked for onsite interview. flew into LA for a day and the visit consisted of 4 interviews and lunch

Interview Questions

• they asked me to code simple cache and a sudoku checker (Whether given n by n is a valid sudoku solution) On site interviews were more difficult. i.e. how would you go about implementing one of the snapchat's features.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Phone interview at first. Got passed. Invited to Venice city. You can't imagine there's a huge company from outside. The interview has 4 rounds. All algorithm questions. Since I signed non-distribution paper, I can't expose them here, sorry.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Snap (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied through the jobs page online. Had a phone screen, and then went onsite. Onsite interview consisted of a lunch discussion (fit/culture), and then 4 technical interviews - 3 with engineers, 1 with an engineering director.
    Because of privacy concerns with new Snapchat features, interviews are conducted in a separate building from where engineers work. That was definitely a bit frustrating since it limited my ability to get a feel for the company culture.

Interview Questions

• Determine whether a graph is bipartite   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

First Interviewer:
    It seems that he really did not want to be there. I did not hear him when he said, "Are you familiar with diff?" (I heard "liff") When I said "no," he immediately snapped at me in surprise as if I was a moron. As I was writing on the board, he did not allow me to take notes on what he was saying because we "had no time." As a result, I was lost with his instructions (it did not help that he had an accent). As I tried to add simple comments to clarify arguments on my own code, he also refused to let me write comments, even as a clarifier, and snapped at me when I did not get my run times right. In the end, he asked me if I had any questions, and when I did ask a question he said, "oh actually I have to go, I can't answer your questions, but someone else will." Very very unprofessional.

Second Interviewer:
    Really awesome guy! The question was challenging and he allowed me to think on my own and I really felt like I was not being rushed and was able to reason through the problem.