Snap Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 17, 2017

3.1

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Snap (West Lafayette, IN).

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter over email. After scheduling the interview, the canceled the interview 2 days before the actual interview. This is highly
    unprofessional, I wanted to work for them, but after this I'm not so sure.

Systems Analyst Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Snap.

Interview

They were quick to get you onsite But the reception is terrible.
    Once I reached the building I was told to in the email, I was surprised to see The office needed a key card to access and no receptionist I could reach for help. Luckily while I was wondering around I saw the building manager who keyed me in . The restrooms had key codes and I had to tailgate someone to use it.

Felt it was just a waste of my time to come onsite, I think I got the reason why Snapchat will never become as good as Facebook.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Was contacted randomly by a recruiter via email for a skype interview. It was an hour long skype and coding interview. I was then invited for another skype and coding interview. After the second interview, I was told I was not a good fit for the roll

Interview Questions

• object oriented programming questions and algorithm questions.   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Interview

After two phone screens I was invited out to meet some members of the team and do some cases / coding questions.

Received a call back 3 days later that I didn't get the job.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Venice, CA

Interview

I spoke with a couple of Hiring Managers over the phone and then was brought into the office in Venice, CA. for a face to face interview inclusive of an opportunity to meet the team. These on premise interviews were conducted one on one in 30 minute intervals. Everyone was very pleasant, enthusiastic and significantly young (mid 20's). Everthing leading up and through the face to face interviews was all very possitive and led one to believe the outcome would result in an offer, but things changed immediately afterwards to a more evasive follow up. The dialogue went from, we're about ready to make an offer to, we have a few more candidates to interview and then, we have decided to pass. The Job Posting is still up as I write this. I was also told that Snap does not provide feedback as their company policy prohibits it. As an individual who is always looking to learn where one could improve, this was disapointing. While I am outwardly humble individual, I do know my value in the market and the years of experience I bring to the table. Snap' 180 change of direction only leads me to question whether there was "age descrimination."

Interview Questions

• There were not any out of the norm questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Snap (New York, NY).

Interview

I did a phone round with an engineer from Venice, and another with an engineer in NYC. Both pretty rough but interesting problems. Definitely feel like I gained something out of those interviews despite not making it onsite.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Snap in September 2017.

Interview

Linked In Recruiter Contacted, Google Hangouts and Hackerrank Codepair interview for 1 hour. Read Computer Science book for the prep, Gayle/ GeekforGeeks could be good starting place. . .

Interview Questions

• Given a MxN matrix where each element can either be 0 or 1. We need to find the shortest path between a given source cell to a destination cell.   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Venice, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Snap (Venice, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

First was a screen phone interview, then a Google hangout interview, then an on-site interview at their office in Venice. Very professional organizing schedules. Phone and hangout were 30 minutes long. On-site interview was about 2 hours long. Received a Snapchat swag bag during interview.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Snap (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

There are 5 round interviews including a lunch interview in the HQ. In each round, there are both behavior and technical questions. The difficulty of the coding question is the hard problems compared to leetcode. They will test you the understanding of data structure, algorithm, and time complexity. Overall, it was a really good time talking to those talented engineers in Sanpchat.

Interview Questions

• given a list of words and a prefix string, return all of the words that share the same prefix.   Answer Question

Ad Operations Coordinator Interview

Interview

Two week long interview process consisting of two phone calls with an HR representative and an Ad Sales Manager followed by an in-person interview with 5 team members. Lasted around 3 hours. Swag bag included!