Snap Interview Questions

Updated Jun 8, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 424 of over 424 interviews

Employee Referral18%
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Snap

Snap

Application

I interviewed at Snap

Interview

That was short and started with an online test, I think that was easy and after that, it goes with an online interview and some HR questions. the interviewer was so polite and kind and make me feel calm

Interview Questions
  • Question about software architecture and algorithms.
    Answer Question

Snap

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Snap

Interview

This was a pretty weird interview experience. I applied, connected with a recruiter, and made it to the phone screen. There were two people on the phone interview, and one of them didn't say anything the entire time. The interviewer who did the talking asked me one easy SQL question which I answered pretty quickly, but the interviewer told me I had done it incorrectly. I thought my brain had died because it was a really easy problem and I had no idea how my answer could be wrong...long story short I ended up explaining to the interviewer exactly how my script worked, and at the end of like 10 minutes of very stressed confusion on my part she said actually that I had done it correctly. Then, one pretty easy Python question. Almost the exact same thing happened where she seemed to suggest that I was doing something wrong, and then at the end of my code explanation basically said "oh okay, I guess this is right". At the end of the interview there were some applied case study questions. I was rejected about a week later. At the time of this interview, I had done about 4 (very similar) technical phone screens at various large tech companies and had passed all of them. I double checked my SQL & Python code with myself & others after this interview, and they were confirmed as correct. My theory is that they didn't intend to actually hire me, and used me as interview practice for someone new to hiring? But even then, it was bizarre that this person did not seem to know the answers to the interview questions (or Python/SQL very well).

Interview Questions
  • easy SQL question, easy Python question, Case studies

Snap

Application

I interviewed at Snap

Interview

Quick moving, asks about challenges youve faced in the workplace. Also asks what was your biggest strength in a working environment. Pretty basic interview process, starts with recrutier, then onsite, then deliberation

Interview Questions
  • What is a biggest challenge youve faced in the workplace?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Snap (San Francisco, CA)

Interview

The beginning process started out great. I met with the recruiter, then someone from the team, and then a full interview loop. Everyone I talked to was incredible, attentive and I felt like I had some really great conversations. Then I found out why the Snap icon is a ghost. After a full interview loop, I was ghosted for over a month. Talk about a big shock. Especially after they reached out to me first. I came out of my interview with such a great feeling about Snap and the people who work there, and now I have turned a complete 180. How unprofessional and disappointing this whole experience turned out to be. At the end of the day, people take time out of their schedule to prepare and attend these interviews. The least you can do is check-in or close the loop with the candidate.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Snap (London, England, England) in May 2021

Interview

Interviewed at snap UK. 1 hour technical interview on google meets + hackerrank link. First like 30mins questions about past experience and biggest failures etc behavioral questions and then coding an algorithm. The hackkerrank IDE had syntax error highlighting.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Snap (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2021

Interview

First there was a phone screening with one Engineer where I was asked one medium and one hard question. After that, I was invited to the onsite. There was 1 behavioral and 4 technical rounds. I didn't hear back from any recruiter after the onsite at all. I followed up with them for a month, no response at all. I dont even know if I cracked the interview or not. The recruiters don't value your time and don't even have the slightest care about the candidate's time. I will never ever interview with Snap again. Such a bad experience with the recruiters at Snap. I don't understand how a company like Snap can be so unprofessional and just ghost the candidates after they spent months preparing and also spends hours interviewing with them.

Interview Questions
  • NDA, cannot reveal the questions

Snap

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Snap in May 2021

Interview

The first interview was a 1-hour call with Software Engineer. Questions based on my previous projects and two coding questions. It went well, and I got selected for Onsite. Onsite was 5 hours with five different engineers. It went amazing. I loved the conversation with Software Engineers and liked the way they work. Now it's been a month, and I have not heard anything back from Snap. I followed up with the Recruiter 3 times but no reply. It's frustrating for candidates to find a job as we have to go through many applications and interviews. A simple courtesy of reply regarding status is not a big deal for such a large organization.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Snap (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2021

Interview

Interview was very well structured and very transparent in terms of expectations 1st phone screen with recruiter then 1 hour video interview with the hiring manager which consists of half an hour of interpersonal question based on my resume and then last part of a coding/hacker rank live coding challenge

Interview Questions
  • Leetcode medium , string and array question

Snap

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Snap

Interview

The recruiter reached out and indicated they would follow up the following week. Then they just ghosted me. It's been 3 weeks and I've sent 3 emails to follow up. They didn't inform me whether they wanted to move forward or not. Funniest part is THEY REACHED OUT TO ME, I DIDN'T APPLY! I can't imagine how terrible it must be to work there if they can't treat potential employees with any respect.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Snap

Application

I interviewed at Snap

Interview

Snap reached out to me to apply for a job. Applied online, phone screening, full day of 5 or 6 video interviews (due to Covid), and then everyone at Snap went silent even though I followed up multiple times. If I take the time to do 6 interviews, I would appreciate a call or even an email saying I didn't get the position.

Interview Questions
8 people found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 424 Interviews