Cover image for Snap

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Snap Interview Questions

Updated Dec 3, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 605 of over 605 interviews

Recruiter22%
Employee Referral18%
HardAverageEasy

Snap

Application

I interviewed at Snap

Interview

September 2021 New Grad, entry level position software engineer. 1 initial round coding interview over google meet. The next / final round was 4 coding interviews with a 30min break with another software engineer to just chat about Snap. all were leetcode medium-hard

Interview Questions
  • Talk about a time you demonstrated audacity.
    Answer Question

Snap

Application

I interviewed at Snap

Interview

There were many rounds of interviews consisting of in person and virtual. It was a long process, longer than I expected. 6+ months before an offer was made. I met with various teams and team members.

Interview Questions
  • Speak to a moment where you exercised kindness in the workplace.

The latest conversations about Tech

71 Comments

Tech

465.9K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Snap~671946
Join the conversation on

Snap

Application

I interviewed at Snap

Interview

Pretty good experience, nice interviewers. Had several rounds of interviews with different engineers/managers. Everyone is very nice, and the process is clear and up to speed. recommend interviewing with Snap

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Snap

Application

I interviewed at Snap

Interview

it was good. had 3 rounds. first call with recruiter , then tech team and final round with manager it was good. had 3 rounds. first call with recruiter , then tech team and final round with manager it was good. had 3 rounds. first call with recruiter , then tech team and final round with manager

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Snap

Application

I interviewed at Snap

Interview

The interview process went well and had a great conversation with the interviewers. But HR is not quite responsive. He didn't reply to my email and gave the update slowly.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Snap

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Snap

Interview

There were two technical interviews in total on two different days. Questions were like Leetcode Medium. The interviewers were really friendly. Overall really chill. Then received an offer call half a month later.

Interview Questions
  • Two leetcode medium questions. Why would you like to join Snap?

Snap

Application

I interviewed at Snap

Interview

The process include four technical interviews. The interviews include general impression and in depth review past project, coding (leetcode or hacker rank style), academic paper understanding and ML questions from practice and theory.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Snap

Application

I interviewed at Snap

Interview

Hard but doable if you do enough leetcode. I would suggest learning more about low level c++, optimization, and other tools. Also learn how data structures work. If you aren't sure geeksforgeeks is a great resource to use for this.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Snap (Austin, TX) in Nov 2022

Interview

Recruiter call Tech screen: Asked React question, built a little game Passed to on-site 5 rounds: Rd 1: System Design: question was made up on the spot based on my experiences, made it hard to get defined answers Rd 2: Technical: JS exercise around promises Rd 3: Q&A, no feedback taken during this round. Rd 4: System Design: Design part of Snapchat Rd 5: Tech Exercise around string encoding and bite size. Everyone was really kind and professional, the interviews were a bit adhoc which I both appreciated and disliked (they felt relevant and customized to me, but they were much less organized). Recruiter was the best I’ve ever had. They announced a mandatory RTO as well. Got middling feedback two days after last round no offer. Pretty sure I lost it on communication abilities to discern info, wish I would’ve spoken slower and listened more.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Snap

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Snap

Interview

Great questions asked during the interview process. Super straight forward along with being aligned with the current missions. Enjoyed meeting the interviewers and being considered for the position. Would highly recommend applying for the position.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 605 Interviews

Snap Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Snap as 45.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 3.00 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Software Engineer and Account Manager rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Content Analyst and Software Engineer(Internship) roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Snap takes an average of 25 days when considering 529 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Software Engineer had the quickest hiring process (on average 18 days), whereas Content Analyst roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 30 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Snap according to 529 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 36.22%