Snap Reviews

Updated Apr 29, 2021

4.1
Snap CEO Evan Spiegel
Evan Spiegel
Pros
  • "Free food and snacks whenever you need it(in 43 reviews)

• "Good work environment with good support system(in 18 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Sometimes the work-life balance suffers a bit(in 19 reviews)

• "The company will not be successful long-term with Evan Spiegel at the helm(in 12 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

Best place to work - great values, great team, thoughtful leadership, innovative, fun, fulfilling.

Jun 16, 2020 - Public Relations in Santa Monica, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Culture is amazing -they focus on being kind, smart and creative and really mean it. Innovation is in abundance. They want to make a positive impact on the world and it's super authentic. Rare to find... And the business is doing really well so it's the real deal. Great work/life balance.

Cons

Honestly, none. It's the best place I've ever worked. Never been happier.

2. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Join Snapchat

Apr 12, 2021 - Software Engineer in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company, benefits, total comp and IC culture

Cons

Lots of randomization, management needs good trainings

3. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great company but certain teams are total garbage

Mar 9, 2021 - Software Engineer in Santa Monica, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Competitive pay & benefits - Great work-life balance

Cons

my experience with a team is terrible but the impression I have for the company is very decent. the team I worked at is formed based on an acquisition and I'm the only non-original employee. my teammates' mindset conflict with the rest of the company and it's been miserable for me since week1. basically, Snap cares about you as a human being and this is reflected from many things: e.g. unlimited PTO policy, healthy lunch options, snack bar & kitchen. However the particular team I worked at denies that culture and requested me to work during sickness and bereavement leave. reason being, according to the manager of mine (former CEO of the acquired company) "I lost one of my parent when I was focused on this startup company and I chose my career over that" I was reminded repeatedly about how difficult it is for them to let-go a person in UK due to employment law, hinting me if I don't work during these time I would be let-go since it's much easier to be done in US. I don't believe what I've experience can speak for the company. On the contrary, people I've interacted with outside this team left me great impression. one con about the company: upper management (C-level)'s decision making on where to spend money has consistently been questionable.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Growing and it shows

Apr 8, 2021 - Project Manager in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing Culture and assistance during the entire Pandemic. Caring employees and Management. Fun and exciting work. Encouraged and trusted autonomy

Cons

Growing rapidly again, while "old school" employees have been through some really painful times the enthusiasm for growth and change is low given past experiences. Poor recruiting funnels Confusing work streams and priorities

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing workplace with incredible impact

Mar 21, 2021 - Operations
      Business Outlook

Pros

I never thought I would work somewhere that prioritizes people over profit, but Snap is just that place. I’m over the moon to see how genuine and kind everyone is (plus the benefits are much better than some sites claim them to be). The impact is also huge with hundreds of millions of users.

Cons

Nothing so far to be honest

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Awesome

Apr 10, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Active community of socially aware innovators and deeply committed team members.

Cons

Not sure it’s a con but it is very fast paced.

7. 5.0

Apr 7, 2021 - Engineering Tech III in San Diego, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

very competitive working environment. staff are enthusiastic

Cons

working long hour and stress

8. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Ambitious fast paced environment that is under resourced

Apr 15, 2021 - Senior Technical Recruiter in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Ownership Plenty of Areas for impact Direct Access to Hiring Managers/Stakeholders

Cons

Bureaucracy (Recruiting reports in to HR) Disorganized (Org is scaling faster then it’s staffed for) WLB (will get over worked if you don’t set clear boundaries, still operates like a start up)

9. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great for many

Mar 18, 2021 - Software Engineer in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great pay, great benefits, great flexibility, executives are trying to improve company culture and set new standards in the industry for DEI

Cons

Not everything set at the top trickles down well to the bottom. Working at break neck speed leaves no room for making more inclusive processes, impacting the performance of those who do not work in _exactly_ the same manner as the majority.

10. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good work life balance and scattered focus from leadership

Apr 17, 2021 - Software Engineer in Santa Monica, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good perks, travel and internal operations work like a well oiled machine

Cons

Work life balance is not good. There is constantly pressure for new products.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 325 Reviews