Sofology Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sofology Interview Questions

Interviews at Sofology

2.7

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warrington, North West England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sofology (Warrington, North West England, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

I attended a meeting at Golborne Head Office where I met the Head of Dev and CTO. I got asked tech questions around my experience and why I wanted to join. All in all an ok interview considering it was at short notice.

Interview Questions

• Talk me through your experience of working in an agile environment   Answer Question

Store Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sofology (London, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

General interview questions, it seemed straightforwar. Everyone seemed friendsly from the getbgo and I found it easy to introduce myself to all members of staff before hand. The store manager at the time was pretty laid back but thorough and I was informed about facts of the business and all information which I needed to know at the time so I was very happy at the whole interview process.

Store Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coventry, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sofology (Coventry, England (UK)).

Interview

Starts off with an group interview at one of the hiring stores, where you are asked to demonstrate your selling skills, by hypothetically selling a sofa to one of the members of staff.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coventry, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sofology (Coventry, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

After being gathered in a group of around 20 people, we were asked to give a small talk about our hobbies/ interests to the group. After a short break, each of us choose a sofa to 'sell' to a interview, showing off our selling skills. Judging by this task, then they choose who they would interview.

Interview Questions

• Selling a sofa to a perspective client, the interviewers, persuading and quoting the pros and cons of the product.   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Golborne, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sofology (Golborne, England (UK)).

Interview

Made to wait I'm a dingy reception for over half an hour after arriving & nobody had a clue who I was. Really bad experience in general; one of the interviewers was very cold & made me feel extremely uncomfortable, whilst another just sat there & hardly spoke. Tried my best to engage both interviewers but instead they just made the whole atmosphere incredibly awkward. Around the same time as sofology, I was interviewing for around seven other companies, all of which have since offered me positions, so I don't think its fair to say that I was a horrendous candidate. Despite being promised a call by the end of the day, I never heard back from sofology. A few days later I chased this up with an email, directly to the interviewer, requesting some feedback from the interview - by this point I knew I hadn't got the job, but it would have been nice to actually have been told this rather than just completely ignored. Over a month later & I still have never heard back from sofology.

Interview Questions

• Their very first question was 'are you okay working shifts?' Which I thought was super professional   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sofology in May 2017.

Interview

Arranged to meet for an interview at a hotel due to store not being open yet, along with about 12 other people and told once got there we would have to organise a presentation based on our passions and interests. We were given 10 mins and a blank sheet of paper to try and think what we would talk about and had to present this at the front of the room infront of the 12 others that were interviewing and the 3 managers. To my surprise this was the end of the interview and they were going to pick someone based on this.
    I got a call a couple of days later directly from one of the managers at the interview wanting to meet me for a one to one chat ... i struggled to get time off work for the first interview so to do this again was not easy he agreed to meet me on a Saturday morning in a local costa (probably one of the strangest places ive ever been for an interview and very off putting!) Afterwards i was told i would definitely hear back either way and that it could be two weeks max as still doing interviews but some people from my interview had already been offered the job. This made me feel as though they were just keeping me hanging on to see if they could find someone better for the job. Anyway two weeks came and gone and i didnt hear a thing chased it up a good few times and was told i was still being considered, this was about a month ago so assuming i don't have the job .... i just find it shocking after putting myself out twice they cant even call with some feedback on how i did.

Interview Questions

• can you tell me about a time where you worked together as a team towards a targeted goal.   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sofology (Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

3 stage interview process
    1. “Passion talk” you have to share something that you feel passionate about and why
    2. “Sell the sofa” you had to chose a sofa in the showroom to role play with manager
    3. Sit down discussion with regional manager, why you want to work for the company and personal goals

Interview Questions

• “It all good being friendly and bubbly, but are you able to close”   1 Answer

Information Security Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Golborne, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sofology (Golborne, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

Abysmal.
    All communication was via email. Got an interview relatively quickly. And in honesty would have jumped at the chance to work with the team, unfortunately....

Did I hear back, never. I emailed, called 3 times, left messages, finally 3 weeks later somebody answered a phone and was told some interviews where delayed, very poor.

How unprofessional. When you invite someone to interview the least you can do is give feedback, let them know where the process is up to.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Crewe, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sofology (Crewe, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

Quick, detailed and high energy. Engaging interviewer that had clear passion for Sofaworks and allowed me to leave the interview feeling like this was the role I really wanted. I met with 4 different members of the team over the course of the process which i thought was great.

Interview Questions

• Role playing industry based scenarios   1 Answer

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Golborne, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sofology (Golborne, England (UK)) in December 2017.

Interview

the interview process is very easy and not at all intimidating like most places are. The interviewers make you feel very welcome and are very friendly. Give you lots of time to answer the questions and you do not feel rushed.

Interview Questions

• what is your previous employment history   1 Answer