Solution Design Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Solution Design Group

Interviews for Top Jobs at Solution Design Group

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Solution Design Group (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2017.

Interview

This was a longer process. Now that work here I understand why; they truly want to get to know you. There's a reason why it is so highly rated and why people stay working here for a long time, they are good people and they are looking for other good people to join them.

They hire the best of the best. They are looking for people who have the right skills, top of class, 10%ers, driven to do their best, are life long learners, and want to be engaged in the community. This is not a place for everyone and that's what they mean by the culture fit. They are looking for people who want to be engaged and a part of something. It's more than a 9-5 job, it's a community that does stuff outside the time at your clients. Be honest with yourself and be honest about the fit. It's okay if it isn't for you. It's not for everyone.

If this is a good fit for you and you do like the culture here, this will be the best job you've ever had!

First you'll most likely meet with a recruiter and they will talk to you about the company. If you both decide that you'd like to continue the process you'll most likely do another interview or a tech. They want to find out early on in the process if you have the skills that they are looking for. If you don't pass the tech but may be a good culture fit the recruiter will keep the door open. If they give you advice, you should take it because sdg has been known to hire people after they grow their skills. If you pass the tech, you'll most likely have a few other interviews. They really want to make sure it is a fit for both sdg and you. Be honest and open. Approach the interviews as yourself and just be who you are.

If this is a place that you want to work at then start making connections. They like to hire people they know or that they've worked with before. Everyone here is really open and friendly and they want to get to know people.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of questions about me personally. They really wanted to get to know me.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Solution Design Group (Bloomington, MN) in June 2018.

Interview

Phone screen. In person with HR, then manager. I met with their technical architect. The interview questions were obscure and it seemed like they were accustomed to being tricked into hiring bad developers. I decided not to work here because I think there are too many bad developers working here. The hiring manager was rude didn't even say thanks for coming in. My opinion is that they think they’re too good for everyone. But they’re not. I declined their job offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Solution Design Group (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Over lunch meet with HR, then again with lead staff members, while asking questions, giving answers, and providing critiques.

Smaller company feel with the projection you being a consultant for life.
    No 401k, only company buy back options to somewhat make you feel your part owner. Provided training dollars.

Very little diversity. Mostly only MN based. Work hours not flexible.

Interview Questions

• Would working on new projects every 6-12 months bother you?   Answer Question
    • Have you worked directly onsite with customers before?   Answer Question
    • Work from home is not an option right now but why do you feel it should be?   Answer Question
    • When on the bench not working with customers what new skills will you train for?   Answer Question
    • What development tools are you an expert with?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Solution Design Group (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2013.

Interview

Had lunch with recruiter after sending an email indicating I was friends with a few current employees, then had a lunch with another member of the project delivery team and we just talked about my time as a product manager, technology, methodology, people management, lots of things. The interview went long, and I had a lot of fun

Interview Questions

• What were some projects I had managed, and what was the outcome   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Solution Design Group.

Interview

Initial interview with recruiter on telephone. Then technical interview was with one of their senior people, but involved more experience questions than the guts of software development. Then met for lunch, where there were some personality and ethics questions... this got a little uncomfortable, I felt they needed to see how I stood up to pressure.

Interview Questions

• Ethical questions based on how I would respond to a difficult client.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They came down 8000, but bumped up other benefits.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Solution Design Group.

Interview

Meet with Technical Recruiter, they are will to meet you anywhere in the Twin Cities. Second interview with Technical Person or Sr. Consultant. Third interview with Practice Lead at their office in Golden Valley. 4th interview with the President. Offer letter comes from the Technical Recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Explain the hardest project you've worked on and what you learned from it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't have to negotiate because I got what I was looking for.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edina, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Solution Design Group (Edina, MN) in November 2012.

Interview

I submitted an application online, then was contacted by one of their recruiters. We had an in person meeting. That was followed up by an interview with another business analyst, sdg consultant. Then I had a phone interview with another consultant. Followed by a final interview with one of the sdg owners.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for sdg?   1 Answer