Sonora Quest Laboratories Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sonora Quest Laboratories Interview Questions

Interviews at Sonora Quest Laboratories

2.6

Dispatcher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sonora Quest Laboratories.

Interview

The interview process went as it normally should. However, my frustration began after the interview. I was told that I should hear back from HR whether or not I received the position by a specified date. I never received word either way, and weeks later the job is still posted. I am starting to believe that this department is highly disorganized.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing that you would change about a previous job?   Answer Question

Phlebotomist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sonora Quest Laboratories.

Interview

It was a panel style meeting. First you are asked to go into a room and do a test venipuncture on a dummy hand. Heads up some of the tube are expired so don't be alarmed if the blood doesn't flow even if you know you hit the vein. Deep breathes, don't forget your steps because you're nervous.
    Next is the question/answer panel style interview in another room. There are 2 supervisors, one asks you the questions and the other one writes your responses.

Interview Questions

• What tubes to draw PT, CMP, CBC.
      (answer: light blue, tiger top, lavender)

They also ask you to draw on a dummy hand to check your technique. Don't be intimidated even though it doesn't feel as a human hand (feels hard like car tires), do it slow and easy.

Be prepared to tell them of an experience when you made a mistake and what you did to fix it. Also an experience about a difficult patient and how you handled it. Also an example of exceptional customer service that you did.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sonora Quest Laboratories (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2010.

Interview

I applied online and was called the next day for a phone interview. The interviewer was very nice and asked various work related questions. She asked about my availability and salary requirements. She explained the position and stated that they would contact me if they decided to move forward in the process. I was contacted the next day for an interview. I had to do a pretend draw on a fake arm and was asked a few questions about the order of draw. She was very nice. I was contacted the next day with the job offer.

Interview Questions

• I did not expect having to draw on a fake arm, I have only drawn real people :)   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked for a little more and she came back and said she had their highest offer so there was not really room for negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Sonora Quest Laboratories (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2013.

Interview

Initial communication was very friendly, and informative. Interview date was set and kept. Interview went over past experience, future goals if hired by company, and a hands on demonstration of veinipuncture technique.

Interview Questions

• there werent any difficult questions, it was all very straight forward.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was offered job and accepted.

Phlebotomist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sonora Quest Laboratories.

Interview

I applied for the position online. I didn't hear back in two weeks, so I called the HR and inquired. I interviewed with the location supervisor /manager and team lead.

Phlebotomist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sonora Quest Laboratories in July 2015.

Interview

I got a phone interview and it took about a month to get my second interview. She said she would refer me to the recruiter but I never got a call from the recruiter instead I got a call from one of the facility managers for an interview.

Phlebotomist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sonora Quest Laboratories in September 2015.

Interview

I summited an application I got a call for a phone screening I was ask a couple of questions like.
    Order of draw
    What tube is for CBC, CMP, PTT
    Then I was called for in person interview

Interview Questions

• Order of Draw   1 Answer
    • Color of tube and order you will draw
      CBC, CMP, PTT   1 Answer

Negotiation

in Process of Employment
    Its difficult but it pays off

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sonora Quest Laboratories (Tempe, AZ) in July 2016.

Interview

Asked to draw from a fake arm, and questions pertaining to blood collection process. Interviewed by two. Everyone was extremely nice and patient. Answered you questions. Expect for your first step to be drawing blood, so be prepared. Know your needles, know order of draw. Make sure you follow steps correctly when drawing as if it were a real patient.

Interview Questions

• Order of draw for cbc, chemistry and pt   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sonora Quest Laboratories (Mesa, AZ) in March 2014.

Interview

Two weeks after online application I called them. A brief email exchange followed by a phone call to schedule an appointment with the recruiter in the Mesa corp office for initial meeting. Our conversation was very brief. Within that week i met with another HR representative where I was asked what part of the valley I desired to work within. (Start with Banner Staffing, transition to SQL easy and higher pay than off the street.)

Interview Questions

• How draws many have you completed?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sonora Quest Laboratories (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

The most unprofessional interview I have ever been to. Interviewed by five woman and at one point they actually laughed at me. When I left for the interview one said very demeaningly "well, drive safe out there" because I was brand new to the area and didn't really know my way around.