Sony Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 26, 2017

2.8

Front End Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sony (New York, NY).

Interview

Met recruiter at a meetup held at Sony's HQ. We exchanged email and responded very quickly.

However, the recruiter suddenly stopped all contact and a month later, responded that there is a need for years of experience. It was extremely unprofessional and a massive waste of time.

Software Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sony.

Interview

1 hour in person interview at Sony with 2 software engineers. Be prepared to talk about all the parts of your resume and related technologies to the job posting. Mostly the interview was about my software projects, language skills and my passion for programming.

HDTV Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sony.

Interview

phone interview hired on the spot. it was a very easy process and positive process. would do again if was just looking for a part time position for extra income

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sony.

Interview

The hiring process was relatively quick. Only about a 2-3 weeks. Everyone was very friendly and helpful throughout the process. There was a phone interview and an in person interview. The phone interview took about thirty minutes long, and the in person interview was about forty-five minutes long.

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sony.

Interview

First a phone interview, then an in-person meeting with 2 Human Resources reps, followed by an in-person meeting with the entire team for which I'd be working. I could tell they were a tough group of people, but they weren't difficult- just very particular as they were very busy and in charge of a very important arm of the business.

Interview Questions

• What's your biggest weakness?   1 Answer

Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sony (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online and immediately emailed HR. The coordinator got back to me within the same day inviting me to interview via telephone. The phone interview lasted about 30 minutes. I got an email from the coordinator about two hours later inviting me for an in-person interview. Interviewed with HR, the hiring manager, and the communications head dept. Took about an hour and a half. Very friendly people, extremely professional. The whole process took about a week and a half (super quick).

Attorney Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sony in April 2016.

Interview

I received a call from a recruiter. We spoke for about 30 minutes. The questions were generally about my background, my education and career path to date, why I had moved jobs in the past, and why i wanted to move now. She did not have a large amount of information about the job that I had applied for, and said that I could ask those questions if I was offered an in-person interview. This was clearly a screening interview so that she could present the hiring manager with the best candidates.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Sony in April 2016.

Interview

After online submission for around 3 weeks, I received skype interview. For me, I only have one round interview. The interview lasted 3 minutes. I was talking with the department director. Then I received the result in 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sony in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process was thorough and technical. I first went through three phone interviews and then was brought in for an afternoon of face to face interviews with five managers. I found out within a week that I was hired.

Interview Questions

• What is a Denial of Service? \   1 Answer

Devops Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Sony (Herndon, VA) in March 2016.

Interview

Engaged with the hiring manager over a four month period. The job description was nearly written for me; while I haven't performed DevOps as a position, I have done the work necessary in a piece-meal fashion.

My resume met all the stated job requirements and my application was, I think, above average. The manager implied that the job was mine and was just waiting for the position to officially open so I could be hired.

After the position opened and my application was submitted, there was no contact with the manager nor HR for two weeks. When I finally reached someone, I was told that the position was closed and that the hiring manager was considering other resumes. Apparently, the decision was made by the "team" without bringing me in for an interview; the only person who ever interviewed me was the hiring manager, who indicated that I was a perfect fit for the job.

Something in the background occurred after the position was officially opened but I was kept in the dark about what the reason the job offer was rescinded.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with coordinating work between operational personnel and developers?   Answer Question
    • How quickly can you get up to speed on new software?   Answer Question