Sony Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 21, 2017

2.8

Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sony (San Jose, CA).

Interview

The hiring manager interviewed twice via phone. First round: questions regarding current research experiences. Second round: Hiring manager and team lead asked questions related to the job. Very basic questions like OFDMA, Shannon channel capacity, path loss model.

Interview Questions

• First round: questions regarding current research experiences. Second round: Hiring manager and team lead asked questions related to the job. Very basic questions like OFDMA, Shannon channel capacity, path loss model.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Sony.

Interview

I have had a phone interview with the recruitment agency first and then with the Customer Service Director and a Manager in San diego and in Canada. The interview was very friendly but fast and technical.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions about digital cameras, problem solving and customer care.   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sony in November 2017.

Interview

A recruiter gives you a 30 minute call, then if you pass that step you get contacted by someone within the department that you're applying for.
    The HR step of this is kind of annoying because normally they don't really know much about what the department would want, so just make sure to impress them differently depending on who you get.

Information Security Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sony.

Interview

The interview process went by pretty fast. Quick scheduling. Interview with HR and then interview with the manager and director. In person interview too place very quickly after the phone interviews.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sony (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

The process was amazing. Super professional. Each interviewer was sweet and welcoming. Typically entertainment gets a bad wrap, so it was refreshing to meet people that were happy to be there! Overall the interview went well and I am confident.

Interview Questions

• What intrigues you abut Sony Pictures Television?   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sony.

Interview

The interview was very easy and straight forward. Standard questions about why I would be a fit for Sony. I noticed a lot of the questions were based off the job description so study up! Know why Sony is for you and you should be fine.

Project Manager for Cross Group Dev Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sony.

Interview

self Introduction follow by some behavior questions.
    Ask about questions based on the previous experience and also ask about the agile software development.
    No technical coding question.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sony (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Pretty standard, phone interview then in person interview. Had to wait around awhile for my interview & sort of felt as though the staff didn't value my time which was kind of disheartening.

Interview Questions

• What's your biggest weakness?   1 Answer

Senior Vice President Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sony (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

three parts.
    FIrst was a phone interview that was suppose to be short. AFter that was a face to face and then was a final tour of the facility.

Interview Questions

• What was a role where you think you did a great job   1 Answer

Front End Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sony (New York, NY).

Interview

Met recruiter at a meetup held at Sony's HQ. We exchanged email and responded very quickly.

However, the recruiter suddenly stopped all contact and a month later, responded that there is a need for years of experience. It was extremely unprofessional and a massive waste of time.