Sony Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sony Interview Questions

Interviews at Sony

2.8

Technical Artist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sony in April 2020.

Interview

The interviewer described something about the company. Asked about salary expectations. The earliest available working hours. Help contact subsequent interviewers for technical interviews. About my acceptance of contact. There is no relocation support for contract jobs.

Interview Questions

• Asked about salary expectations.
      The earliest available working hours.   Answer Question

Software QA Engineer Interview

Interview

they scheduled me by email on Jan. It's was phone interview. they just ask me about my experience on my resume, and asked me about what they do, and finally asked me do I have some questions to ask them?

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sony (San Diego, CA) in February 2020.

Interview

Multiple Customer Service Representatives in one room, In a group setting, without any previous knowledge of this format, it also ran 10 minutes later than scheduled. 26 27 28 29 30

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were able to "reach" a customer for their ability to obtain .....
       not sure what they wanted to hear me respond with   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sony (New York, NY) in January 2020.

Interview

Pretty basic interview, consisting of a phone and an in-person follow-up interview. In person interview consisted of multiple people, which was a bit more difficult, but overall a good experience.

Interview Questions

• What was one time where you had to overcome a conflict?   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sony.

Interview

A 30 minute phone interview, ending up being longer and because the interviewer was late. Recuiter told me it would be about resume and experience, but ended up being all technical questions.

Interview Questions

• key elements of OOP, questions about each of those, Javascript closures, React hooks   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sony (New York, NY) in October 2019.

Interview

Interview process was pretty straight forward. A head hunter contacted me about an open position and spoke with me. Apparently they thought I was worth talking to because a week later they contacted me for an initial phone interview. I spent about 30 minutes on the phone with the interviewer who was an internal recruiting manager and it seemed to go well. Was told I would hear back about next steps in about a week. Never heard another word.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you encountered a problem at work that you could not overcome   Answer Question

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sony (New York, NY) in August 2019.

Interview

The team give a brief introduction of the company then 2 HR rounds one at a time followed by the technical round . Then selected candidates were given the list of documents and were asked to join soon

Intern Interview

Interview

2 interviews. One with HR on the phone, then 2 hour in person interview with staff working in that department. They were nice but seems like they were looking for someone with more experience. Tried following up with them but they ignored me for two weeks and I got an HR automated rejection email instead.

HRIS Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sony.

Interview

Generally, Sony hiring process needs improvement, After applying I received the usual email from the recruiting department to schedule a phone interview, that took at least 3 attempts within a month to hear back from the recruiter to actually schedule a phone interview, at one point I gave up trying to confirm a scheduled time. The phone interview went lead to a face to face scheduled appointment but they failed to inform me of the location and who I had reached out to ask them for the information. The face to face was with Director perfect. How long worked in HRIS, What are your current day to day responsibility, key decision maker, how do you approach resolving .. and this situation. The interview went great we covered over an hour of detail work procedures, I met VP and another colleague which I also have similar experience outside the HRIS. The interview ran over 2 hrs. I followed up with a Thank you email that same day expressing my interested in the position, that was two months ago never heard back from anyone, no one in recruiting, not the director no follow up or feedback I found this to be very unprofessional, from having a recruiting background and interviewing this shames a company for the poor lack of feedback to the candidate. I recently saw the position reposted, which only makes clear that there is an internal lack of communication and unorganized Human Resources Department

Interview Questions

• How do you approach resolving this issue within the HCM system
      What projects are you currently working on regarding optimizing?
      Have you worked in implemented benefits module   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sony.

Interview

Asked about my previous experience, my projects on github.com.
    Questions from certification. Questions on Trie and graphs for solving. questions on unit testing. c++ interview question, networking question and data structure basic questions only.