Sony Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 18, 2018

2.8

Computer Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sony (San Diego, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

I submitted my resume online in the morning and they contacted me via email later on the same day asking to schedule a phone interview. I replied with my available times the next day after and they scheduled the phone interview within the next 3 or so business days. The phone interview was done with a manager (but with like 8 years of programming experience). Asked for me to talk about myself and then went into technical questions. He told me I would be contacted in a week either way. I was contacted a week later through the phone about how they went with another candidate. Disappointing since it was a job that I really wanted, but the other candidate had more experience so it was understandable. Very nice process and they were very cordial about it.

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sony (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I went through a recruiter who provided my resume to the company. For the interview, I had a phone call with HR and then met with the Manager & Director together, and then the VP separately.

Interview Questions

• What controls would you expect to find in the AP process?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sony.

Interview

I had a phone interview with basic technical questions. My interviewer was kind of awkward and it seemed like he wasn't prepared to give the interview. We talked for about 30 minutes and it seemed like most answers I gave he checked on a sheet of paper.

Interview Questions

• I cant really remember the questions, but basic knowledge of hardware and software would be recommended.   Answer Question

I still needed to finish college and graduate

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sony in January 2014.

Interview

It was an easy process. I applied via recruiter. I got a call from the HR Manager and then a techinical interview. Basic questions on OOP.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sony (New York, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

The interview process was fairly smooth. I talked to my group leader about my past experiences and internships and described projects. There was also a short technical part after which there was an HR screen. After the HR screen I talked to my to-be mentor who went over similar things about my past experiences and what project I liked doing the most and what I learnt from it. Additionally, he also asked me why I would like to join Sony and what I thought would make me a good fit for the team.

Interview Questions

• Please describe your favorite project and what you liked about it   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sony (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied online and got sent over to an onsite interview in Culver City. It was just a 1 day interview discussing Java and JavaScript, then they sent me an offer about a day or 2 afterwards.

Interview Questions

• What does Java memory usage look like while a program is running?   Answer Question

Software Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sony (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

Was called in on short notice do talk to the hiring manager and a project manager. Based on this single meeting they made a decision to move forward but they wanted me to become a consultant first and not a full time employee.

Interview Questions

• What is black box testing, white box testing? What is your experience with automation?   Answer Question

Software Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sony.

Interview

Initially a call from recruiter. Then there were two technical interviews with pretty easy questions. The engineers also described what they did for the MediaRoom product. Coding questions were done on collab edit. Second engineer weirdly didn't get what I was doing for a question and just presumed I was wrong. (I checked what I did afterwards and it was correct) Both technical interviews were on the phone.

Software Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sony.

Interview

1 hour in person interview at Sony with 2 software engineers. Be prepared to talk about all the parts of your resume and related technologies to the job posting. Mostly the interview was about my software projects, language skills and my passion for programming.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sony in January 2014.

Interview

call first and then personal. Very long process. easy. got the call. Take few days to get call but eventually got it. Good experienceis very thorough about their interview process. This is due in part to their stance on not laying people off, but it is also just because they want to find people that are the right fit. Overall, from application to hiring, the process took about four months. I finally really got tractio