Sony Pictures Entertainment Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Sort:

Contract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment (Culver City, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

I received an email from HR requesting a phone interview, she aske general questions regarding my resume and salary expectations. I then was set up with an in person interview with the hiring manager. About three weeks later I was notified after a second follow up letter that they had chosen another candidate.

Contracts Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Very casual interview setting, interviewed with the director and assistant director. They were dressed very casually. Very soft-spoken, and did not interrupt me at all when I spoke. Let me finish my thought, and when I got a bit nervous, they were very encouraging. Very positive vibes and great interview experience.

Interview Questions

• Asked a lot about experience with procurement processes, and practical experience with contract review. They also asked how I would deal with others, how I deal with change.   1 Answer

Application

I interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment in May 2014.

Interview

Just asked me about what I have done in the past. Not any algorithms questions. I think they wanted me because I had something to do with data analysis and they really needed someone with that kinds of background. So I got in

Interview Questions

• Describe my most successful project about big data analysis   Answer Question

Software Interview

Interview

They talked mostly about my experience rather than technical questions. There were 2 interviews, one just to kinda get to know you, and then they talked more about what the company wanted from their interns and the projects.

Advertising Interview

Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment (Culver City, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview was via skype. First they asked me to talk a little about myself and then I was asked to come up with an idea that I could think of that would seem like a good change to a recent Sony trailer out in theaters.

Interview Questions

• 3 ways I can think of to market current or past sony picture movies   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment (Culver City, CA) in April 2009.

Interview

HR is slow, but interviews were scheduled all in one day, talking to 3 managers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

For entry level, there is barely any room for negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment (Culver City, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

I applied for the position online. I received a phone call from the recruiter. I then had a one on one interview with the recruiter and 2 panel interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment (Culver City, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

Went through a brief phone screening interview that was followed up by an in-person interview with the HR Recruiter. After that, there was a panel interview which consisted of 3 managers and this interview lasted about an hour. Called back in few weeks later to meet the hiring manager. Everyone I interviewed with seemed nice and made the interview process a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the most challenging problem you faced at work.   Answer Question

Analytics Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment.

Interview

Phone interview with an HR and hiring manager and on-site interview with 3 people
    The HR interview was with general questions about walking me through your resume, why entertainment, why Sony and on site interview was different by interviewer

Interview Questions

• case question: how would you estimate a movie for a specific product segment?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

It was difficult over Skype but I really hit it off with the current employees. I really enjoyed answering all their questions. It was a time they took to get to know me not just about my experience.

Interview Questions

• I can't remember what was asked of me but it was some trial on how I would handle situations and what my favorites shows were.   Answer Question