Sony Pictures Entertainment Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sony Pictures Entertainment Interview Questions

Updated May 17, 2018

2.7

Coordinator & Specialist Positions Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment.

Interview

I've interviewed twice now with Sony for two different roles and both times they ghosted me despite my following up with them. I let it go the first time, but the second time I had 2 phone interviews, a writing sample and a panel in person. One of the people in the panel was so rude (kept me waiting for 20mins), the others were nice. I followed up and never heard anything back. I also found out that the recruiter was using LinkedIn to recruit for passive candidates because my co-worker was sent by the recruiter the same job I had interviewed for 2 weeks ago and never heard back on. They seem to be disorganized. If it's that bad before you work there I can't imagine what it's like when you do.

Interview Questions

• What television shows do you watch? What do you know about Sony?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Interview

The first was a HR screening round which lasted for 30 mins. The following week, I was interviewed via Skype with the team that I’ll be working with . I was asked about my previous experience and what I bring to the team

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment (Culver City, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

I had three telephone interviews. I was invited to an in person interview. The interviews were positive, however the company changed the original pay and relocation range after my in persons visit (reduced).

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment (Culver City, CA).

Interview

HR contacted me a month after applying for a phone interview. She was 10 minutes late and unprepared. After a follow up, I received a reply two weeks later for an interview with the director. Then I went in for an on-site interview. It was supposed to be with a panel and only a couple of people showed up. A few questions in to the interview, I knew a decision had already been made and I was only in there to close out the requisition. They stated there’s high turn over (alarm bells) and so they move slowly. It was disorganised and de-motivating. I had to wait a long time between interviewers.

I did not receive an offer, hence it made my decision easier.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment.

Interview

It was a general skype video with Human Resources followed by calls from multiple departments that they deemed me to be possibly fit for. After a call with one, I got a follow up by the SVP of the department and got chosen after that.

Intern Interview

Interview

The initial recruiter never completed the interview because she forgot. She then forwarded my information to the wrong department, so I started the interview thinking I was interviewing for a different job than I was actually being interviewed for.

Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment (Culver City, CA).

Interview

First you screen with a recruiter for about 30 minutes then you have one-two in person interviews with the department you are applying for. The entire process takes about a month.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself, your future career goals, how can this internship help you in your goals, what do you hope to gain   1 Answer

Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment (New York, NY).

Interview

It was simple and quick. I applied online and received an email requesting an interview and I took the first interview available. I first met with HR and then met with the department supervisor.

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

first round is a 30-minute phone interview with 2 interviewers. The second round is an onsite interview with the director and team members. it lasted around 1 hour and consists technical tests and behavioural questions.

Drama Development Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment.

Interview

After submitting my resume on the Sony career website, I got called in for an interview. Met with the hiring manager and 2 execs on the lot for a short interview about my resume and experiences.