Sony Pictures Entertainment Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sony Pictures Entertainment Interview Questions

Updated Mar 13, 2017

2.8

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment.

Interview

It was a phone interview. Pretty basic questions. You just need to show your interest and you did research the company before the phone call. The recruiter is very nice, she even asked me to apply for more positions so I could have a better chance for an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• The questions are about how your past experience fits with this position.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and within a week I got a phone call for a phone interview. Then I was scheduled for a in person interview, in which they cancelled at 7pm the night before my interview. My recruiters was very slow and unprofessional,takes days to reply although she said there looking to hire ASAP , does not send out confirmations or follow up. I hadn't heard anything about my reschedule so I reached out a week later. She said the job was closed for a month or so. Shouldn't tell that to the prospective candidates ? I don't know how she even got that office manager position, Andee is completely incompetent.

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself
      why do you want to work here
      how did you here about us
      what are your strengths
      Answer Question

Columbia/TriStar Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

A phone call set up between myself and the executive. It was short and clearly not a priority. There was urgency to conduct the interview so a call was set up, as I was out of town. In speaking with both the executive and the assistant, it was clear that the assistant was far more informed on the process than the executive. The process was pleasant enough but not very useful for either party.

Interview Questions

• Please discuss your resume   1 Answer

Legal Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment.

Interview

Good interview HR is great, place is amazing! You really have to know your stuff they are a big company with an amazing workforce so make sure you know how to stand out! Study the position you are applying for and be well prepared for a lot of question to test your knowledge! Overall it was a great experience and I learned at all!

Literary Development Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I was contacted for an interview about 2.5 weeks after applying online and then scheduled for in-person. After arriving early, I was kept waiting about 30 minutes with no apology or explanation. To add insult to injury the entire interview felt rushed and it was clear my interviewer didn't really read my resume. Overall, I was left feeling this could have been done over phone or Skype to avoid wasting my time and the interviewer's. Who really doesn't screen candidates over the phone in 2016? It would have been great if they actually knew what they wanted instead of posting a typical, vague job description.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment.

Interview

Interview experience was straightforward. It initially started with a call and later followed by face to face in person interview. Questions varied based on the person asking the question. questions ranged from basic business questions to detailed technical questions.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment (Culver City, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

There was an initial phone screening then I was invited to an onsite interview with one of the senior analyst. I was then invited again for a second onsite interview with the hiring manager and two senior analysts on the team.

The interview itself was very fluid with basic questions and gauging of the candidate's personality.

The recruiters were mostly quick with their responses and decisions. One week or so after the second interview, I was extended an offer.

Clerikal Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment (San Bernardino, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online for the Union Local 174 clerk position, within a week was called to schedule an over the phone interview, got called today by a recruiter. Very friendly her name was Angelina told me about the position and what it entitled was very detailed oriented, my nervousness took over pretty much I kinda of set up myself for failure :/ ,but she said she will be calling next week to see if I make it for the face to face interview (which I doubt) l.

Physical Production Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment (Culver City, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I had three interviews starting with members of HR and finally with the EVP of motion picture production. Each interview was not too long, about 10-30 minutes. I was asked the standard production interview such as my favorite movies, the general state of the film making business, as well as my favorite directors or general players in the industry.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Data Entry Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment in August 2016.

Interview

Pretty easy and basic data entry questions. The interviewer talked more about his work than what I would be doing, but most of the questions that were asked were about my resume. The interviewer was nice but stressed the fact that they didn't want someone overqualified since they wanted a person who would remain in the position long term.