Sony Pictures Entertainment Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sony Pictures Entertainment Interview Questions

Updated Nov 16, 2017

2.7

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment.

Interview

It was a general skype video with Human Resources followed by calls from multiple departments that they deemed me to be possibly fit for. After a call with one, I got a follow up by the SVP of the department and got chosen after that.

Intern Interview

Interview

The initial recruiter never completed the interview because she forgot. She then forwarded my information to the wrong department, so I started the interview thinking I was interviewing for a different job than I was actually being interviewed for.

Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment (New York, NY).

Interview

It was simple and quick. I applied online and received an email requesting an interview and I took the first interview available. I first met with HR and then met with the department supervisor.

Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment (Culver City, CA).

Interview

First you screen with a recruiter for about 30 minutes then you have one-two in person interviews with the department you are applying for. The entire process takes about a month.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself, your future career goals, how can this internship help you in your goals, what do you hope to gain   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

first round is a 30-minute phone interview with 2 interviewers. The second round is an onsite interview with the director and team members. it lasted around 1 hour and consists technical tests and behavioural questions.

Drama Development Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment.

Interview

After submitting my resume on the Sony career website, I got called in for an interview. Met with the hiring manager and 2 execs on the lot for a short interview about my resume and experiences.

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

To be honest, everything about this process was unprofessional. It is clear that SPE has some major internal issues that generates miscommunication on all levels. I had a 2-1 interview and my interviewers seemed like they had never done an interview before. Details on the position were choppy and their expressions were spacey. They seemed like they hated working there and wanted to get out of the interview as soon as possible. This was my 3rd interview and one of the interviewers didn't even know I had already come in before. If that's not bad communication, I don't know what is. I could tell that they had already made their decision with me when I walked into the interview. This was by far the worst experience I've ever had in any recruiting process.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment (Carson, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Recruiter emailed me on a Friday about a position I applied for, scheduled a phone screening with her for the upcoming Monday. It was good, a few of your typical “Why Sony” questions but mainly getting to know me type questions. She said she would check with the team and get back to me about an in-person interview. Reached out again about a week and a half later, for the in-person interview. Interviewed with two directors, they were really nice and very welcoming and I loved that they asked good get to know me questions instead of the ridiculous “tell me a time that something went wrong and how did you handle it” anyway to me it seemed it all went great. Fast forward about three weeks later still no news, so I reached out to recruiter she said no decision had been made and many were coming back from holiday vacation so she would follow up with them and let me know. Two days later I get an email asking for my references as part of the selection process so no offer yet. Filled that out and sent it, well now it’s been about two weeks so a total of a month and a half from the first interview and nada. If I didn’t get the job I would really appreciate a courtesy email letting me know so, even a generic one would suffice. I read in a previous review that you don’t find out if you didn’t get the job and need to seek this information yourself. Really sucks that it’s true. It’s all about courtesy and respect for people’s times, even the candidate’s.

Senior Specialist, VIP Desktop Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment (Culver City, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Had 3 internal referrals refer me to the recruiting manager. The recruiting manager directly called to schedule a 30 minute conversation. After the phone call, a two hour interview followed on the lot. Overall experience was excellent, but since it is a big studio their process takes longer in deciding. I ended up accepting an offer at a different studio. For anybody interviewing, if you want an update you must reach out to the recruiter or the person you are dealing with, they will not update you.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Sony?   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I interviewed with Sony Pictures Publicity. The interview was very simple and lasted about 30 minutes. It involved basic questions about my background and area of interest. The process involved one phone screen interview and one in person interview. It was a 6 on 1 interview style, with the entire team interviewing one candidate. Overall not a difficult interview.