Sony Pictures Entertainment Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 20, 2018

2.7

Contract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment (Culver City, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

I received an email from HR requesting a phone interview, she aske general questions regarding my resume and salary expectations. I then was set up with an in person interview with the hiring manager. About three weeks later I was notified after a second follow up letter that they had chosen another candidate.

Contracts Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Very casual interview setting, interviewed with the director and assistant director. They were dressed very casually. Very soft-spoken, and did not interrupt me at all when I spoke. Let me finish my thought, and when I got a bit nervous, they were very encouraging. Very positive vibes and great interview experience.

Interview Questions

• Asked a lot about experience with procurement processes, and practical experience with contract review. They also asked how I would deal with others, how I deal with change.   1 Answer

Application

I interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment in May 2014.

Interview

Just asked me about what I have done in the past. Not any algorithms questions. I think they wanted me because I had something to do with data analysis and they really needed someone with that kinds of background. So I got in

Interview Questions

• Describe my most successful project about big data analysis   Answer Question

Software Interview

Interview

They talked mostly about my experience rather than technical questions. There were 2 interviews, one just to kinda get to know you, and then they talked more about what the company wanted from their interns and the projects.

Advertising Interview

Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment (Culver City, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview was via skype. First they asked me to talk a little about myself and then I was asked to come up with an idea that I could think of that would seem like a good change to a recent Sony trailer out in theaters.

Interview Questions

• 3 ways I can think of to market current or past sony picture movies   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment (Culver City, CA) in April 2009.

Interview

HR is slow, but interviews were scheduled all in one day, talking to 3 managers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

For entry level, there is barely any room for negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment (Culver City, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

I applied for the position online. I received a phone call from the recruiter. I then had a one on one interview with the recruiter and 2 panel interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment (Culver City, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

Went through a brief phone screening interview that was followed up by an in-person interview with the HR Recruiter. After that, there was a panel interview which consisted of 3 managers and this interview lasted about an hour. Called back in few weeks later to meet the hiring manager. Everyone I interviewed with seemed nice and made the interview process a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the most challenging problem you faced at work.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment.

Interview

It was a general skype video with Human Resources followed by calls from multiple departments that they deemed me to be possibly fit for. After a call with one, I got a follow up by the SVP of the department and got chosen after that.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment (Culver City, CA).

Interview

First you screen with a recruiter for about 30 minutes then you have one-two in person interviews with the department you are applying for. The entire process takes about a month.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself, your future career goals, how can this internship help you in your goals, what do you hope to gain   1 Answer