Spectrum Association Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Spectrum Association Management Interview Questions

Interviews at Spectrum Association Management

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Spectrum Association Management (Dallas, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

The hiring process starts with you having a very brief interview. Then, you take a test that assesses your competency (after being hired, I discovered that this test tells the company if you will ever be promoted or not, as HR shared this openly). They then have you meet in person or through teleconference with 2-5 senior management or ownership. They ask you many questions and even act uninterested to see how you respond. Most, if not all, people leave the group interview feeling that they did poorly and will not get the job.

Interview Questions

• It depends on the individual, but they focus on your weaknesses, and ask open questions about areas where you lack.   2 Answers

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. You take what they offer, as they do not change their offer.

Apr 11, 2018 – VP of Marketing

Thank you for the feedback. I am concerned with how you felt after your interaction with H and I'm sorry you got that impression. I hope you were able to get this clarified because promotions are... More

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Spectrum Association Management (San Antonio, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

A great experience. Phone screened then invited in for a face to face meeting. Met with two hiring managers who explained the ins and outs of the position. Very informative. The HR person then called later to invite me back for what they call a manager panel,where you meet with four individuals. I think that was supposed to simulate a board meeting with future communities I would manage. Although it was nerve racking, I must have passed the test, because while driving home I got a call from HR to offer me the job. All of this took about 4 days. They move quickly. So much appreciated especially since I have been through other hiring processes that took more that 3 weeks for them to make a decision. They seem to have the right formula for getting it done.

I have worked here for over a year now and love every minute of it. When they say they train you for success, they mean it. The support I have received over this last year has been fantastic. I had a mentor to offer guidance and now they are working on additional training on our new intranet. With this kind of support, no wonder we can say we are experts in the industry.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a mistake you made in the past, and what you learned from it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They are pretty set in their salaries for someone without any knowledge of the industry, but I have had a fair raise recently.

Apr 11, 2018 – VP of Marketing

We are glad you appreciated the rigor of the process and see the value in a thorough process for both candidates and the company. We want to make sure we get a good role and cultural match. Thanks... More

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Spectrum Association Management (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Completed a lengthy paper application including essay type questions, and personality quiz, phone interview with hiring manager who seemed to have no idea what the job actually entails, in person interview, and panel.

Interview Questions

• All interview questions were standard - nothing original or out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Apr 11, 2018 – VP of Marketing

Thank you for taking the time to complete and for accepting the job. I am sorry you felt like one of your interviewers didn't know the details of the job. I hope you were able to get your questions... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Spectrum Association Management (New York, NY).

Interview

Hands down the worst interview I have ever had. The initial phone interview was nice but once I had a face-to-face interview it was disastrous. It was a panel interview and you couldn't see all the people at one time. As I was talking, I could see them making faces at each other to the person I couldn't see. It was very distracting and would throw me off. They also would whisper and pass a tablet around as I would answer a question.

Not one of them smiled the entire time. They would make talk to each other and them tell me that they are sarcastic and have inside jokes. If they dont like a response the question, they would ask for a different answer. I got the feeling they thought I was too positive.

They asked me about my private life, which I felt was a very inappropriate question. Even that answer, which was a normal one, received the look of, "We dont like that answer."

At the end they proceeded to tell me that it was a very negative, thankless job. Not once did I hear anything positive about the role. As I left, they informed me that they were going to talk behind my back about me after I left. I get it but not professional way to present the company at all to potential employees. It was the first time I have ever left a job interview and thought to myself that I dont want the job and if they offered it I would say no. Sad...because the informational booklet they sent for me to read before I interviewed was so positive and we exciting.

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Spectrum Association Management.

Interview

Long process but easy to get hired because they seem to need workers since alot of people quit fast. The manager couldn’t tell me much about the job because he’s new. They said it’s hourly pay and very stressful but better then retail. Some nights or weekends happen but part of job and you have to drive alot

Interview Questions

• Are you okay with being on call everyday   Answer Question
    • We will need to make sure you are doing your job so are you fine that phone calls, emails and computers have software to check up you   Answer Question
    • When can you start   Answer Question

Hello Candidate,
    We appreciate candid feedback and want to improve, but I don't know where to apply feedback as it doesn't seem like you applied to this role. This is not an hourly role, we don't... More

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Spectrum Association Management (San Antonio, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

When going through the interview process you have to do a phone interview, then meet with the recruiter so you can take a test with a face to face interview and if they like you then you're required to go back again for a panel interview with the owners of the company, the Division Director, a Supervisor, and a few individuals from the management team. Its extensive because you need to show that your capable of handling the multifaceted role while being a person who can fit in with the "culture" of the company because a lot of people just don't fix in the role due to the extensive job role.

Interview Questions

• If you had an upset client on the phone, what would you do to resolve the situation?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I had disclosed my current pay rate and they offered me a similar salary but if you're good at your job they can increase your salary to meet what you want prior to your first annual review. It was actually really great.

Apr 11, 2018 – VP of Marketing

So nice to hear you had a good experience. We are glad to have you.

Community Manager Interview

Interview

The hiring process is extensive however it results in usually getting it right the first time. You have the opportunity to meet with and/or interview several key people in the company which allows you to get an overall consensus of the culture and the people.

Interview Questions

• The questions are straight forward and situational based on experience.   Answer Question

Apr 11, 2018 – VP of Marketing

Welcome to Spectrum, our process is extensive, but rewarding for those we bring on. Thanks for sharing

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Spectrum Association Management (San Antonio, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview process was swift. I had two interviews meeting with the HR Recruiter and the Division Manager initially and finally participating in a panel interview a few days later. They both were quite pleasant and informative about the job requirements. The panel appeared friendly but they presented random free form questions by each of them which may not generate a thorough review of the candidate. Interviews make ALL people nervous so questions should be designed to put the interviewee at ease so you can really get to know them.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example where you had to operate without clear instructions. I had so many of these that I could have shared.   Answer Question

Apr 11, 2018 – VP of Marketing

Thanks for sharing, great feedback. We want to get to know candidates and who they really are.

Community Manager Interview

Interview

They were really nice! I couldn't believe there was actually a place with this many pleasant, kind people. Everyone I met was willing to answer questions and just generally happy. I wondered if it was really like that. I got hired and it is. There are a few people that gripe about everything but every company has that.

Interview Questions

Spectrum Association Management Response

Apr 11, 2018 – VP of Marketing

Glad you liked us because it looks like we liked you. Welcome to SpectrumAM

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Spectrum Association Management.

Interview

Very comprehensive with phone interview, 1:1 interview and then a final manager panel (which is nerve racking!). Had to provide writing sample and submit to drug screening. Little to no room for compensation negotiation.

Interview Questions

Spectrum Association Management Response

Hi Candidate,
    We are so glad you made it through the process, congratulations!