Spire Healthcare Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Spire Healthcare Interview Questions

Updated Dec 29, 2016

2.4

Biomedical Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Spire Healthcare (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

I updated my LinkedIn profile indicated that I was in search of your employment. Contacted a few hours later by recruitment company. Submitted an updated CV. A list of potential employers where found to which I'd expressed interest in one. Interview arranged. I booked flights and overnight stay. Arrived for interview 2hrs ahead of time. I was seen an hour ahead of schedule.
    The interview was expected to be 45 minutes but lasted for 90 minutes. I was keen to explore the new opportunities the post offered. Explaining that I had signed up to do top up training in additional scientific disciplines. The communication was formal but casual at end after a tour of laboratories. I was confident and clear throughout asking appropriate questions pertaining to the offer of further skills training being offered.
    I was told other candidates are to be screened as well and should expect an answer in 1-2 weeks. As it was a Friday I was not under pressure.
    On Monday at 10am I was called to be told that the employer had decided I was selected before any further applicants were interviewed.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for this position?   1 Answer

Clinical Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Spire Healthcare (London, England (UK)) in November 2014.

Interview

Interviewed by department head and matron.
    Questions asked i didn't think related to the role. Not your standard HR questions.I felt that that they didn't know what they were doing and HR was not represented

Interview Questions

• What would you do to increase revenue   1 Answer

Didn't think they provided great opportunity for further progression

Staff Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Abergele, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Spire Healthcare (Abergele, Wales (UK)) in January 2014.

Interview

walk around the building no questions about experience. TBH the company has a real problem retaining staff, there were no other applicants and I think they were happy to employ someone.

Negotiation

There wasn't one!!

Support Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hove, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Spire Healthcare (Hove, England (UK)) in May 2012.

Interview

General interview process with overview of the role and business followed by some questions regarding my CV and career to date and details around my skills. Then I was required to present my SWOT presentation of the hospital services within the private healthcare sector in the local area. Followed by more probing questions regarding competencies and business understanding and finally I was available to ask any questions outstanding.

Interview Questions

• What is your understanding of the private healthcare industry?   1 Answer

Infection Control Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Spire Healthcare (London, England (UK)) in June 2011.

Interview

All went very smoothly, very efficient and helpful. Prompt applying for references, DBS checks etc. Interviewers friendly and this helped to make me feel more relaxed in an otherwise stressful situation. They were also prompt on providing feedback and making the job offer. overall, a good experience