St. Clair Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at St. Clair Health

2.8

Sort:

Social Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at St. Clair Health.

Interview

Applied online and received call to come in for interview about 3-4 days later. Met with a HR rep first for an hour answering standard "what would you do in this situation..." Questions. After that, I met with the manager of the department I was applying for about two hours. If you are sent home after the HR phase, you're not getting the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to stand up for something you believed in when others disagreed in the work environment.   Answer Question

Staff Physician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at St. Clair Health (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2012.

Interview

mainly asked about my training, my children, common things that I was asked in Residency. Asked what drew me to medicine, and family life balance with work. Asked about benefits that I Would expect and my style of practicing medicine. Wanted to know about where I lived, grew up, college degree and residency experiences.

Interview Questions

• about compensation and flexibility, reason for choosing hospital   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at St. Clair Health (Pittsburgh, PA) in December 2017.

Interview

I met with an HR employee to discuss what the internship would entail and my work history. The purpose of the prescreen was to see if I would be a proper candidate for the position that they were looking to fill in their hospital.

Medical Technologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at St. Clair Health (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

It took a couple months before I was called for an interview with HR and department manager. You must be finger printed and pass a criminal background check, child abuse/predator background and drug screen. A physical with the hospital doctor as well.

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at St. Clair Health (New York, NY) in October 2018.

Interview

The process was somewhat laborious as I was interviewed by three individuals separately. Their process seems to be lacking when it comes to technical questions regarding the actual duties of position. Instead, they utilize standard personality questionnaires they simply print down, read off of, and write answers on. Due to this, I was asked the same questions multiple times which alerted me they may be somewhat disorganized or prone to change their processes into a more modern, effective experience for both the interviewer and the interviewee.

My second interviewer did not seem prepared as her entire office was completely cluttered. She clearly stated she had not done any interviewing in quite a long time. This was concerning to me and it should when she was wrapping up she did not afford me the opportunity to ask any questions.

My third interviewer seemed somewhat shy and timid which I felt threw off the dynamic of the conversation. When I asked her a question regarding her departments processes and how better to improve them she seemed completely confused at the question and seemed unsure of how to answer it at first.

I did notice that the department had no men at all. I absolutely feel this was a deciding factor in their hiring. To me it was clear their department engages in sexism in picking hires as. I'm most certain they would never consider hiring any individual for the HR department if that individual was not a woman.

It's quite disheartening really that such toxicity and animosity seems to still be prevalent in a division of business which is meant to ensure discrimination and prejudice are removed from all aspects of the organization in totality.

Pt Aide Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at St. Clair Health (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

One on one with manager. I had already been working there as PRN so the manager simply told me there was an opening for full time and asked if I wanted to take it.

Pharmacist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at St. Clair Health.

Interview

First, I was asked to meet with HR. The HR representative seemed disinterested in getting to know me at all. She seemed to have a printed listed of questions she quickly read through often times cutting me off in the middle to continue on. I found it to be extremely rude. As an HR rep, she has peoples careers--livelihoods--in her hands and she choose to take this responsibility so callously! After abruptly ending the interview, she threw some benefits paperwork in front of me and ushered me outside. There I waited to meet with the pharmacy manager. He was extremely kind and easy to talk to. He made me feel at ease and the interview seemed very casual.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at St. Clair Health (Pittsburgh, PA) in September 2015.

Interview

It took about four weeks from application to interview. I met with an "employment specialist" first which was pretty intimidating. She seemed to have a premeditated question and answer list for everything. It was pretty monotone, which made it difficult to evaluated how I was doing. I then met with the nurse manager and went through the questions all over again. It took about two hours total. I felt that I had gotten along great with the manager and things were really looking promising. Unfortunately, I was told to wait about two weeks, and didn't hear back.

Interview Questions

• If you were in a situation with a difficult family, how would you handle it?   Answer Question

Therapy Aide Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at St. Clair Health.

Interview

Typical interview questions. Asked about previous jobs and what I want to do with my future. Everyone I met with was very nice. It was a quick process and didn’t take too long. I heard back within about a week and a half.

Non-nursing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at St. Clair Health in September 2011.

Interview

Interview scheduled within 1 week of applying. One on one HR interview to start. Second interview with department manager after first round of interviews. Was kept in the loop throughout the process until a decision was made. From submitting application to receiving offer, the entire process took about 3 weeks.