Stamps.com Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Stamps.com Interview Questions

Updated Dec 1, 2017

2.7

Associate Product Manager - UI Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stamps.com.

Interview

Applied through the website, got an email within a day to complete a case study. Phone interview.

While I didn't pass, but everything happened so quickly so I can appreciate that.

The interview stages I got to were not tough at all. If you prepared, unlike me, it should be a breeze. Go through all the problems in Cracking the PM interview. Good luck!

Associate Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stamps.com in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online, received an email to complete a challenge and provide technical calls for an API. After completing that project had a 30 min phone interview with someone on the team, 10 min was for my resume and 20 min was reviewing my project in depth. Questions tested my thought process towards the API.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Stamps.com (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

First round of phone interview, followed by one on site interview with Senior Analyst, Director and CFO. People are very friendly. Normal behavior questions.
    Company is expanding very fast, and the director and CFO both have very impressive background , but they are very nice and humble in the meantime. Very good company culture.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stamps.com (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Got an email from some employee who never bothered to introduce himself. But the email included an assignment asking me to develop a product & pick top 5 features & why I would pick them. No context given. No explaining or guidance given. So, I started with assumptions I was going to make before I attempt to answer the assignment.
    I confirmed that my approach was correct with some of the Sr Product Managers that I work with on daily basis. With confidence, I submitted the answer.
    No response for a week. I followed up asking for an update, I got an auto-reply with rejection.
    Annoying attitude, to say the least!

Interview Questions

• Top 5 SDKs for an airline company   1 Answer

Customer Relations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Stamps.com (El Segundo, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Filled out an application online, then 5 days later, got a call from a department hiring manager wanting to interview me the next day. Did the interview in person in El Segundo, and the day after got a call offering me the position. From there, it took 4 days for HR to send the emails with the compensation package, information on benefits, and forms to fill out online.

Interview Questions

• To start, they wanted you to talk to them about your resume and your accomplishments. From there, they asked specific questions about how you would react to specific customer situations if customers were to call in to complain. They want to see how tacit you are with handling even the angriest of costumers. Afterwards, they ask about you and where you see yourself in 5-10 years down the road.   1 Answer

Negotiation

You really don't have room for negotiation. Each position has a starting rate that you either accept, or you don't and keep looking for work. Each year they review your work for raises.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stamps.com (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Received an email from the hiring manager to schedule a 30-min phone screen then had a follow up phone screen. Process after that was to be brought on-site.

My experience...

The initial phone screen went well and the hiring manager expressed enthusiasm for my candidacy. We briefly touched on my background, why I want to be a product manager, and my interest in Stamps.com and knowledge I had. After concluding the interview, the hiring manager told me he would be in contact with me to schedule an on-site interview to meet other members of the team. The hiring manager was easy to talk to and the conversation went smoothly.

This is where the experience took a turn. A couple days after the initial phone screen, I received an email requesting that another phone interview be set up in the next 2 days. I was a little disappointed as I thought it'd be an on-site as discussed in the initial conversation. Got on the call with the hiring manager again - he wasted no time this go around. Jumped straight into the question which was a brain teaser type question.

I was completely taken aback as this question wasn't an estimation type question but rather a recursion type question. I only realized that it was a recursion question because I had taken programming courses in my undergraduate classes. However, the positioned I interviewed for was not a technical PM and the listing did not specify a CS requirement or background (although as always, nice to have).

Embarrassingly, I spent 10 minutes on the phone with the hiring manager discussing my thought process. After arriving at a feasible solution, the interview ended and was told an email will be sent for next steps. Obviously, I did not get the position.

I felt cheated that I was told I'd be moving on for an on-site and that the deciding factor for my continuation in the process was whether I could answer an algorithmic question for a position that did not require a CS background. These questions are not in anyway indicative of being a successful PM, so it's frustrating to see them still around.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite product and how would you improve it?   Answer Question

Customer Relations Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Stamps.com (El Segundo, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process was a bit unprofessional and unconventional. The guy who interviewed did not have a list of questions to ask me. Instead, he was asking questions from the top of his head. He read my resume and instantly asked me about my educational experience since I have an advanced degree. I was asked about my professional experience as it relates to the position. I was very qualified for the position. I was not offered the position because he felt, or the company felt that there are more qualified applicants. I have over 4 years of customer service, call center experience. How could I not be qualified for the position? However, I felt that I was not selected because I have 2 degrees.

Business Intelligence Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stamps.com (El Segundo, CA).

Interview

I got a call from their technical recruiter the day after I submitted by application online. I was given a brief overview of the company and a phone interview was scheduled during that first call.

During the phone interview, I was asked 10 advanced SQL questions. I was also asked about tasks I handle at my current workplace. After a few days, the technical recruiter called to schedule an on-site interview.

The on-site interview started later than scheduled and lasted for 3 hours. The questions were highly technical, but someone with more than 4 years of experience using the Microsoft BI platform should have no problems answering them. The last half hour of the interview were mostly situational questions about managerial styles and workplace issues.

The interview was a good learning experience of what questions to expect. The interviewers were very smart and you can easily tell they have tons of BI experience. It honestly felt like being in a spelling bee as a contestant, where everyone seems to be waiting for you to misspell a word - in this case give an incorrect answer to a seemingly simple but tricky SQL question. Also, be warned that interviewers may repeat questions because they were browsing their phone while listening to your answers.

Interview Questions

• Error catching in SSIS, Primary index vs. unique key, CTE, stored procedure vs. in-line code in SSRS, transactions, etc.   Answer Question

Customer Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Stamps.com (El Segundo, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Very friendly interviewees and a relatively painless process. I applied online through craig's list and was contacted via email and phone. I came in on the day of the job fair to meet the company.

Interview Questions

• They asked me questions that were behavioral questions in nature.   Answer Question

Customer Relations Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Stamps.com (El Segundo, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online and it sounded wonderful. I was immediately contacted by a very friendly internal recruiter who sent me a lengthy online application and many forms to print. I interviewed online with a cold, purse-lipped manager-type.

Interview Questions

• A really obscene use of Industrial psychology. How many ways to sunday can you ask 'tell me about a time when you took a risk at work but didn't get caught?' 'I mean like you felt in your gut it could be wrong but you did it anyway?' 'Tell me about a time when you broke the rules but it was worth it?' 'Tell me about something your deeply ashamed about?' WHAT? no. (He asked about rulebreaking and risktaking at least 10 different ways and times) super lame.   1 Answer
    • In short, there was little discussion of actual skills for this - one of two, entry-level customer service - positions. In fact, he made smirks when he asked me 'why are you here applying for this job?' ' I do not see any call center experience on your resume (that I only just now bothered to review when we sat down in this room for the first time 5 minutes ago).   1 Answer
    • In the end I was so turned off by what is apparently a very adversarial management mentality despite what is portrayed through marketing.   1 Answer