Stamps.com Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 15, 2017

2.7

Customer Relations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Stamps.com (El Segundo, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Filled out an application online, then 5 days later, got a call from a department hiring manager wanting to interview me the next day. Did the interview in person in El Segundo, and the day after got a call offering me the position. From there, it took 4 days for HR to send the emails with the compensation package, information on benefits, and forms to fill out online.

Interview Questions

• To start, they wanted you to talk to them about your resume and your accomplishments. From there, they asked specific questions about how you would react to specific customer situations if customers were to call in to complain. They want to see how tacit you are with handling even the angriest of costumers. Afterwards, they ask about you and where you see yourself in 5-10 years down the road.   1 Answer

Negotiation

You really don't have room for negotiation. Each position has a starting rate that you either accept, or you don't and keep looking for work. Each year they review your work for raises.

Customer Relations Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Stamps.com (El Segundo, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process was a bit unprofessional and unconventional. The guy who interviewed did not have a list of questions to ask me. Instead, he was asking questions from the top of his head. He read my resume and instantly asked me about my educational experience since I have an advanced degree. I was asked about my professional experience as it relates to the position. I was very qualified for the position. I was not offered the position because he felt, or the company felt that there are more qualified applicants. I have over 4 years of customer service, call center experience. How could I not be qualified for the position? However, I felt that I was not selected because I have 2 degrees.

Business Intelligence Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stamps.com (El Segundo, CA).

Interview

I got a call from their technical recruiter the day after I submitted by application online. I was given a brief overview of the company and a phone interview was scheduled during that first call.

During the phone interview, I was asked 10 advanced SQL questions. I was also asked about tasks I handle at my current workplace. After a few days, the technical recruiter called to schedule an on-site interview.

The on-site interview started later than scheduled and lasted for 3 hours. The questions were highly technical, but someone with more than 4 years of experience using the Microsoft BI platform should have no problems answering them. The last half hour of the interview were mostly situational questions about managerial styles and workplace issues.

The interview was a good learning experience of what questions to expect. The interviewers were very smart and you can easily tell they have tons of BI experience. It honestly felt like being in a spelling bee as a contestant, where everyone seems to be waiting for you to misspell a word - in this case give an incorrect answer to a seemingly simple but tricky SQL question. Also, be warned that interviewers may repeat questions because they were browsing their phone while listening to your answers.

Interview Questions

• Error catching in SSIS, Primary index vs. unique key, CTE, stored procedure vs. in-line code in SSRS, transactions, etc.   Answer Question

Customer Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Stamps.com (El Segundo, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Very friendly interviewees and a relatively painless process. I applied online through craig's list and was contacted via email and phone. I came in on the day of the job fair to meet the company.

Interview Questions

• They asked me questions that were behavioral questions in nature.   Answer Question

Customer Relations Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Stamps.com (El Segundo, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online and it sounded wonderful. I was immediately contacted by a very friendly internal recruiter who sent me a lengthy online application and many forms to print. I interviewed online with a cold, purse-lipped manager-type.

Interview Questions

• A really obscene use of Industrial psychology. How many ways to sunday can you ask 'tell me about a time when you took a risk at work but didn't get caught?' 'I mean like you felt in your gut it could be wrong but you did it anyway?' 'Tell me about a time when you broke the rules but it was worth it?' 'Tell me about something your deeply ashamed about?' WHAT? no. (He asked about rulebreaking and risktaking at least 10 different ways and times) super lame.   1 Answer
    • In short, there was little discussion of actual skills for this - one of two, entry-level customer service - positions. In fact, he made smirks when he asked me 'why are you here applying for this job?' ' I do not see any call center experience on your resume (that I only just now bothered to review when we sat down in this room for the first time 5 minutes ago).   1 Answer
    • In the end I was so turned off by what is apparently a very adversarial management mentality despite what is portrayed through marketing.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Stamps.com.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a typing test and face to face interviews. Long arduous process. The interviewers were cold and arrogant. Did not give clear instructions for the typing test.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience working with a group of people?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Stamps.com.

Interview

The first interview was a panel interview with the team. I was asked to write out an algorithm. This was a very technical interview and involved a lot of problem solving. But the questions were relevant to the job.
    This was followed by an interview with the director. This started as a technical interview which was followed by a friendly discussion about SQL Server best practices.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected: How do you recover from a database failure?   Answer Question

Negotiation

This was the recession so negotiating was impossible, plus the recruiter was not in the approved recruiter list which impeded the process.

QA Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stamps.com.

Interview

Overall the process was good. One day interview. Took around 2-3 hours. There were multiple interview sessions.

Negotiation

Did not negotiate

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stamps.com (El Segundo, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

The interview process seemed normal, until you get there and there are 20 other people vying for the same job. They herd you into a conference room and then tell you the greatness of the company, and then drop the hammer of how long the process will take and what they will look for. 90% of the people applying won't pass their first group interview, then the assessment, which features laughable questions about nothing, ala Google. If you pass that, you get a phone interview, if you pass that, you get another in person interview, and if you're luck, 24 - 30 days after your initial interview, you may get the job. Imagine not having a job, or income, and having to wait 30 days? By then your apartment, home, and car are going to be foreclosed, repossessed or worst. Lame.

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stamps.com in June 2013.

Interview

Had a phone interview initially with a recruiter. He was pleased with our initial interview which lasted about 40 minutes. He asked a lot of questions but nothing out of the norm. He told me he liked everything I said and would take it to the next step. I never heard back from him.

Interview Questions

• No questions were unexpected. Just read the job description, do your research on the company and you'll be well prepared.   1 Answer