Stanton Optical Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 11, 2016

1.8

GM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greer, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Stanton Optical (Greer, SC) in October 2016.

Interview

Sent resume in August to recruiter, October received 2 different phone calls from 2 different people, 1st person set up a phone interview with next level up that person never made the call to me. 2nd person achieved the setup call with the next level up by skype, that lasted about 12 minutes. Haven't heard a word since.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a pro quality about yourself. Tell me about a con quality about your self. Do you have your certification? Where do you see your self in 5 years?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Springs, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Stanton Optical (Palm Springs, FL).

Interview

Went through several rounds of interviews. The role kept changing as the department was being built and there wasn't a lot of formal structure around the desired end result. After hours of interviewing on multiple occasions no response was ever received after 2 attempts to follow up.

Interview Questions

• Interview was more conversational than formal. Discussed experience in multiple HR functional areas.   Answer Question

Optical Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Stanton Optical (Knoxville, TN) in August 2015.

Interview

Basic interview questions asking same info as on resume. No hard questions. We were in a dirty break room. It was small but at the time I needed a job quickly so I was just scrabbling to find employment. I agreed to a back ground check. No drug screen given which I found odd. I took weeks to hear back from them and it was thru some recruiter. I accepted the job because of the time of day I would be working.

Interview Questions

• Why did I choose optical work   1 Answer

Purchasing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port St Lucie, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stanton Optical (Port St Lucie, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

It was a Quick phone conversation to set up to meet with a hiring manager. I live to far away for the pay scale that they offer. Overall they seam to be a good company with big plans to grow over the next couple of years. Keep in mind there are a lot of growing pains for a quick growing company. I have been there in the past.

Optical Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palm Springs, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Stanton Optical (Palm Springs, FL) in December 2014.

Interview

I met with the manager in charge to hire employees in the lab who presented me to my supervisor who showed me my positions and the job i'm suppose to perform at each positions that I was given. The interview was positive.

Interview Questions

• What was my prior job and if I already any experience in optical lab technician jobs.   Answer Question

Optometric Technician Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Stanton Optical.

Interview

I met the general manager who asked if I would be able to handle juggling phone calls, checking insurances, pre-testing patients, and directing patients to the appropriate areas. I was hired the same day. The interview was more of a very informal conversation, about 5 minutes.

Interview Questions

• There were literally no unexpected/difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was offered a dollar more than what I reported as my current pay.

Store Manager (Initially) Later Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Stanton Optical (Toledo, OH) in March 2014.

Interview

I had one of their recruiters call me after he found my resume posted on Monster. He claimed to be "very impressed" and that I was a great candidate for a store manager position. I called him back after listening to his voicemail, only to find out the company was attempting a bait and switch. Halfway through the call I was told that it was actually a managerial training position. I completed that step of the interview and went on to the second phase which was an in person interview with the local store manager. She informed me that all she had available was a part time sales position (she also said the recruiter had said that was what I had applied for).

I was polite and professional during that interview but by that point had already decided to decline the offer.

Interview Questions

• They really didn't ask me any questions directly. They went over my résumé with me than discussed their sales process/steps (all of which seemed highly unethical)   Answer Question

Between the bait and switch on the job title/position and the fact that their sales process seemed either highly unethical (if not actually false advertising) it did not strike me as a company that would be desirable to work for.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palm Springs, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Stanton Optical (Palm Springs, FL) in March 2014.

Interview

very short done by CEO with ops manager just sitting there. Asked maybe 10 questions spoke about himself then offered the job. The interview was very informal and done in a very short time. The CEO was nice but distracted.

Interview Questions

• how much do you want to make. Where do you see yourself in 3 years   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stanton Optical (Fresno, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Easiest interview in my life.Got a phone call from hr then was told to go to location and interview with manager. Did one on one with manager and was ask if i like to sale and was giving the job.

SEO Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palm Springs, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Stanton Optical (Palm Springs, FL) in January 2013.

Interview

The HR department at Stanton Optical headquarters found me through my LinkedIn profile. They emailed to ask about setting up an interview. I called the HR Marketing Assistant who set up an interview at their Palm Springs headquarters.

Interview went well, they said they would forward my information to the founder of the company. Received an email from HR department asking if I could come in for a second interview, this time to meet with company founder Daniel Stanton.

Dan viewed my profile on LinkedIn and decided to make a job offer. I didn't have to come in for a second interview.HR department contacted via phone with job offer, I asked for email confirmation. They sent official job offer letter through email.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions as relates to the job. SEO Copywriter - what is my experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They made a fantastic offer. Great salary, benefits package after 90 days and potential for monthly bonuses if I meet certain criteria.