State Street Global Markets Interview Questions | Glassdoor

State Street Global Markets Interview Questions

Interviews at State Street Global Markets

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at State Street Global Markets (Boston, MA) in January 2013.

Interview

The interview was quite straight forward but their HR is not on the same page with each other. They made the whole experience last four months long and never met any of their deadlines. Do not interview with them.

Intern Interview

Interview

got several emails about upcoming interview, was contacted for a phone interview after i told them i cannot make it to boston.

interviewer was friendly, explained what she does, and told me to give her a little more info about what was on my resume.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate - it was a pretty good compensation for an internship in my freshman year.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Street Global Markets (Boston, MA) in February 2011.

Interview

There was a brief interview, and I was notified of my offer to accept the position the next day.

Interview Questions

• Do you understand what we need you to do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None. This is your hourly wage, and I was happy to accept.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Street Global Markets (Boston, MA) in March 2012.

Interview

There were four people, each of them talked about 15 minutes. There were really general questions and some of the interviewers asked the same questions. The whole process was informal. However, I doubt if they could get any information from such an interview. To make it worse, it took so long for them to finally make the decision.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at State Street Global Markets (Boston, MA).

Interview

After submitting my application through on-campus recruiting, I was directly invited to the HQ in Boston. I was interviewed by 2 employees (VP level), 30 minutes each. The interviewers seemed very busy with their daily jobs and were in a rush to finish the interview.

Associate II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at State Street Global Markets (Boston, MA) in June 2013.

Interview

In my experience, the interviewing and hiring is done by individual team managers. Because of this, I expect the interview can vary. I had one interview with my would-be manager who asked me some standard questions about my resume and previous experience. The entire interview was basically a give and take conversation.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions but the job required working holidays and sometimes late evenings so, depending on the job, one may want to think about how they feel about such a schedule.   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Street Global Markets (Boston, MA) in January 2012.

Interview

I met with two individuals from the department.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I accepted the offer that they gave me.

Risk Manager Interview

Interview

usually multiple interviews with HR and hiring manager. First interview as phone based, if you pass that then you move on to a in person interview. Fairly standard process

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at State Street Global Markets (Boston, MA) in July 2007.

Interview

Interview Process was average. Interviewed by telephone and then personal inverview by four different persons.

Negotiation

I did not Negotiate..But would like to advice others to Negotiate. Decline the offer if not as per your expectations. Increments, Promotions and Bonus is hard to come later.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State Street Global Markets (Boston, MA) in February 2014.

Interview

I had two interviews. Both at the headquarters in Boston. A lot of their jobs are posted online but they're mostly operational positions which can be tough to juggle that salary with the living expenses of Boston

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at State Street over some of our competitors   Answer Question