Sterling Life Insurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sterling Life Insurance

Sales Agent Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellingham, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sterling Life Insurance (Bellingham, WA).

Interview

Been a lot of years but seems it was general question and answer session. Don't remember most of the details. Applied, went for interview, got hired and went to work.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They had set pay rates in place.

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sterling Life Insurance (Knoxville, TN) in August 2012.

Interview

Too Easy. If you can fog a mirror I think they would hire

Negotiation

NA

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longview, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sterling Life Insurance (Longview, WA) in November 2011.

Interview

Group interview lasted an hour and 15 minutes. The presentation was well organized. Sterling has a great benefits plan and an aggressive bonus program for motivated agents. All the training is provided but you have to have your own vehicle and cell phone.

Interview Questions

• This was a group interview so we weren't asked individual questions.   Answer Question
    • Group interview. No questions were asked of us.   Answer Question

Supervisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brentwood, TN

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sterling Life Insurance (Brentwood, TN) in September 2011.

Interview

Applied online & received request to complete a written behaviorial prescreen. Received request for face to face with 2 managers within a week. Organization had been recently acquired and interviewers indicated that the new company's involvement increased workload.

Interview Questions

• What work experience makes you qualified for this job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Wenatchee, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sterling Life Insurance (Wenatchee, WA) in December 2010.

Interview

1:1 and hired. Had to take a computer class of 40 hours and pass all state tests.

Negotiation

They have everything straight across board with money figures and training. There is no negotiating.

Field Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sterling Life Insurance (Columbus, OH) in December 2010.

Interview

I was initially invited to a seminar type of setting with several people in the room at once, then once the job was explained many people left when they learned it was commission only. The perceptions of most people was that it would have some sort of salary.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how long I had been in the business.   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiations straight commission

Human Resources Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellingham, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sterling Life Insurance (Bellingham, WA) in June 2010.

Interview

I first got interviewed by the basic HR recruiter. It was a simple interview. I then went in for a group interview, consisting of 2 people (the woman I would be working with as well as the HR manager). It was a laid back interview with basic behavioral based questions. They were very nice and helpful. I felt comfortable with them and didn't feel judged. They wanted to know if I knew what the business did, as well as what I would be doing. They were caught off guard with the questiosn I asked back to them.

Saqles Interview

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sterling Life Insurance (Des Moines, IA) in January 2010.

Interview

Received a phone call and attended a presentation. Individual interview followed with the completion of an application. A background check was performed and an insurance license was required.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you failed and what you learned from it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The position was a commission only position

Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sterling Life Insurance (Baton Rouge, LA) in March 2009.

Interview

Sterling contacted me after finding my resume on Monster.com.
    On day 1 I went in for a presentation.
    On day 2 I went in for a 1:1 interview.
    On day 3 I began the process of licensing/background/testing/training then field training.

Sterling is a great company to work for; great potential for upward movement into management. Offers very competitive products in the marketplace that are of good quality for the consumer.

Management is very competitive, "progressive" and forward thinking.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It's commission-only. Nothing to negotiate. Just go to work.

Claims Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sterling Life Insurance in July 2009.

Interview

Had 2 phone interviews and then 2 face to face interviews. Nothing unusual, standard interview questions.